Just A Concept I Came Up With: Witchcraft/wicca Inspired

Cyndikate

I really love witchcraft. I did a witchcraft inspired RP a few months ago on one of my now dead chars. 

I like the idea, but I don't think it requires a plugin or 'special snowflake rules.' If you want a witch character, make a person that runs around in the woods drinking blood and hexing people. That would make more interesting RP than *Herp hexes Derp.*

It's not combat magic, nor should it need any plugins. It's purpose was to provide roleplay for others and give the witch player some paths and options to persue. Be the white witch, which can cast a wide variety of support spells, or be a black witch, casting hexes, curses, and dark rituals. These paths will come with consequences.

I don't mind it, but I don't see the point for such a structured idea, just make a witch character and do it.

It's not combat magic, nor should it need any plugins. It's purpose was to provide roleplay for others and give the witch player some paths and options to persue. Be the white witch, which can cast a wide variety of support spells, or be a black witch, casting hexes, curses, and dark rituals. These paths will come with consequences.

The idea itself is solid. I think someone else said a while back that it isn't entirely original in some respects, but I support it all the same. However, I do feel like the more far reaching effects of this idea's implementation would be the fear of 'Iblees worship' or what have you, witch (haha) would not necessarily need magic in itself. What I had in mind was more like the Salem witch trials. In respect to that, I find anyone who can manage to do/be something more interesting and compelling by being normal than someone else with 'special snowflake' powers or traits is always more fun to RP with.

There's no call to antagonize people. This is an idea post. Treat it as such. If you like the idea, support it. If not, then refrain from blotting out relevant posts.

I hardly think criticism is an irrelevant post on an idea thread, sir. I am stating how this idea (at least to me), is a flawed thing, and rather stupid. It is also likely to incite drama from religious folk (like myself; Catholicism represent!). Please do not consider this "idea" post as a viable magic type.

I hardly think criticism is an irrelevant post on an idea thread, sir. I am stating how this idea (at least to me), is a flawed thing, and rather stupid. It is also likely to incite drama from religious folk (like myself; Catholicism represent!). Please do not consider this "idea" post as a viable magic type.

There is nothing constructive about what you've been posting, and I ask nicely to stop posting in this thread.

Constructive criticism > Blank, meaningless 'No'

Give feedback rather than denying it right away.

I fail to see how a rough outline could be so inherently flawed from its inception as you say. She only suggested the idea of implementing a new dark art, nothing more. As for supporting this as a magic subtype, I do agree that it probably shouldn't be created, as you read. However, I think that you claiming that this post was made to anger any specific group of people is a farcical conjecture.

Constructive criticism > Blank, meaningless 'No'

Give feedback rather than denying it right away.

This one post alone makes me wonder if you yourself know the difference. I did provide my reasons, which I shall list yet again for those who seem to have trouble reading:

1. It is very unoriginal.
  2. It could incite some rather righteous anger due to the roots of Satanic origin very prevalent.
  3. It seems rather stupid to me to have such lore for something that could otherwise be achieved without it.

Does such a list satisfy you?

I advise calming down and speaking in a more respectful manner to one another. No warns issued. Thread remains unlocked for the time being.

My religion is Wiccan and this upsets me. I don't like it when the word is put together with dark arts.

I believe I've said all that I need to say. Though, as much as downvoting my profile hurts me on the inside, @NorthBestKorea, I think you disapprove of this idea for the wrong reasons.

My religion is Wiccan and this upsets me. I don't like it when the word is put together with dark arts.

My apologies if it offends you. That was never my intention. In fact, I won't even be called Wicca or Witchcraft, just something else.

And everyone else, please stop responding to NorthBestKorea and simply ignore him.

I highly doubt you can personally disapprove of something which has satanic roots for a wrong reason, Aagaron. (Also how do I even downvote a profile?)

Kalifa didn't mean to offend, this doesn't seem to be an attack against your religion. Instead of new lore why not just use current lore and roleplay a witch? There's allot of stuff already on the server, you could definitely do it without any wicca, satanic, wuteva.