The Guardians

SonOfAragorn

*A great falcon flies over-head, he drops an envelope down to you bearing the seal of Amondir the White. You gently break the seal, open the envelope, and inspect the letter within. It reads:*

"To all those whom would seek to protect the races, bring justice to dark ones, and maintain peace and safety throughout the world, search out The Guardians. We are based in the fortress of Custos."

[!] Amondir addresses a small band of troops outside Embermoore.

General Chrometracker:

"When you boys joined me, and became Guardians, you made a vow. A vow to protect the races, and destroy dark beings."

The small band of Privates:

"To maintain peace, safety, and justice within the world! To protect the races at all costs! To put an end to all dark beings, such as: Ghosts, ghouls, spirits, necromancers, dread-knights, and anyone whom is evil or holds malicious intent!"

[!]The sky darkens above The Guardians. A blanket of darkness covers Embermoore. A brilliant blight flash of light arcs across the sky, followed by the booming clap of thunder. Rain falls and begins to drench the troops.

*Amondir grins, imagining the sound that the dread-knights will make when he destroys them. and unsheathes his blade, the Holy Saber*

General Chrometracker:

"Aye. Ye lads are indeed ready. Now let's hunt a band of dread-knights."

[!] The group turns heading into Embermoore, following Amondir's lead. They give out a battle-cry before rushing into the dark swamp.

The Guardians:

"For peace, safety, and justice! We are The Guardians!"

OOC info.:

The Guardians is a group focused on providing peace, safety, and justice to Athera. They do this by putting an end to ghosts, ghouls, spirits, necromancers, dread-knights, and anyone whom is evil or holds malicous intent. The Guardians was also founded to prepare to defeat Iblees. Amondir foresaw that his return was approaching, and knew that someone must be ready. The Guardians are also extremely knowledge based, and thus bent on gathering all the information they possibly can. They run missions commonly, sometimes alltogether, sometimes in smaller groups, and sometimes only one on his/her own. The mission types below are listed in order of importance, here they are:

A hunt- This would be the tracking and defeating of any of the various things on the list.

Patrol- This would be patrolling the general area of Polaris and Aesterwald themselves, or             simply patrolling around the base.

Diplomacy- This would be political missions. Usually handled by the general himself, or a                   high-ranking officer.

Seeking information- Gathering as much information as you can on any topic assigned to you.

Manual labor- Everyone's favorite! NOT! This would be the gathering of various materials.                                (Ex: Farming, lumberjacking, mining, etc.)

When you aren't on a mission or training, you are free to go about doing whatever it is you want to. Visit some friends, hang out with your family, do an activity you enjoy, hit the bar, whatever you want. You could even come and request something more to do within the guild if you so chose. Now, the ranks we have. Here is a list of them:

General- The head (and currently the founder) of The Guardians. He oeversees all actions within the guild, and ultimately runs everything. The general can be identified by a purple badge on either shoulder, and the purple stripe beneath his belt.

Commander- There is a maximum alotment of four commanders. They are each on the council with the general. Meaning they partake in private meetings where things are discussed between only themselves and the general. When the general is not around the commanders run things, but they are required to seek permission from the general prior to his departure. A commander can be identified by a red bagde on either shoulder, and the red stripe beneath his belt.

Captain- A captian has proved his worth and commitment to The Guardians time and time again. Therefore he has earned a piece of authority. Each captain has two privates that serve directly under him. They are his troops in battle, following his orders unless the general says otherwise. A captain can be identified by an orange badge on either shoulder, and the orange stripe beneath his belt.

Lieutenant- A lieutenant has ran many missions and shown growth in knowledge and skill. The general is impressed with his abilities, and he sees great potential. A lieutenant can be identified by a yellow badge on either shoulder, and the yellow stripe beneath his belt.

Private- A private has passed the initiation test, and has been oathed in to the guild. He is now an official Guardian. A private can be identified by a green badge on either shoulder, and the green stripe beneath his belt.

Initiate- An initiate has shown interest in becoming a Guardian. He/she awaits her initiation test, and the moment that he/she is oathed in. They wear the uniform, but without the significant colors showing rank. This is how they are identified.

(I will update this regularly) Current Roster:

General: General Chrometracker, commonly known as Amondir the White.

Commander(s): Aglareth Chrometracker, Artur'De'Grau, Agnar

Captain(s): George Wilcon, Grug

Lieutenant(s): N/A

Private(s): N/A

Initiate(s): N/A

Application Format:

MC name:

IC name:

Skype name (you can PM me this is you wish):

Your time zone:

Why you wish to join The Guardians

Jordan Stilwell rolls over in his grave, the sacred name of his ancient order hath been disturbed.

Jordan Stilwell rolls over in his grave, the sacred name of his ancient order hath been disturbed.

Athirius Owl senses a disturbance in the force, the sacred name of

the ancient order he served in his earliest days hath been disturbed.

Athirius Owl senses a disturbance in the force, the sacred name of

the ancient order he served in his earliest days hath been disturbed.

Baruk senses that the Orders name had been taking use once more, he Grunts loudly and full of Anger

Kailon recalled his Uncle being apart of a group called the Guardians.

In a place called Glenwood. He got letters from him every once in a while.

As the forest dwarf strolled past the notices of such a guild, he reminiced about such letters.

Kailon laughed to himself contently as he recalled the stories his uncle sent him.

"Heh...Ol' Uncle Caspen were a foine Dwarf..."

(( Oh my GAWSH, please, either BartYap or SonOfAragorn need to stop. This is escalating very quickly into a flame war and I am incredibly hopeful that at least one of you is mature enough to walk away from it. Just don't reply. This is the internet, they can't do anything to stop you. BartYap, I will agree with SonOfAragorn in that your post was only barely an RP post (the only thing making it so was the quotation marks. No character was mentioned saying that, no explanation of how that person found mention of the guild, etc) and was pretty unnecessary and rude. SonOfAragorn, this is an RP post, so technically he is allowed to post. It was rude, but don't be rude back. It solves nothing. ))

Heshakomeu furrows his brow as he sees a small poster lying on the ground. Picking it up, he studies it for a moment, and his intrigued expression grows even more intrigueder. He immediately finds the closest messenger-bird station, hastily writes a message, and sends the bird into the air to find this Amondir. The note would read as follows:

I found mention of your guild. Find your conclusions intriguing Please send bird as soon as possible. Would like interview for my thesis on ancient Athera.

- Heshakomeu de Campari Shidari

EDIT: ((Nevermind, y'all handled it. Sorry bout that))

*Eliza catches word of the group and has a courier deliver a message*

"Your groups goals are too similar to the Scions' for the two to work separately, perhaps considering a merger is best."

Amondir receives the bird and sends a note back. It reads:

An interview sounds interesting. I would be happy to oblige.

-Amondir the Gray

Amondir also gets the other message. He sends a message back saying, "My intentions are not the same as the Scions. No merge will take place.

((On the interview thing, if you want to actually do that I would prefer it be in-game. Then we can actually role-play it out. More fun that way.))

((If the OOC arguing does not stop, I will personally lock this thread.))

((I have edited my recruitment thread/guild post. I do believe that I improved it greatly. Hopefully others will agree. I would also request that an FM remove all replies to this thread before this one.))

MC name: p34c3k33p3r

IC name: Agnar

Skype name (you can PM me this is you wish):

Your time zone:EST

Why you wish to join The Guardians: I wish to end the chaos, corruption, destruction, and death these abominations create.

MC name: skythekid8888

IC name: K'abni

Skype name (you can PM me this is you wish): Don't have skype yet, but you'll know when I do.

Your time zone: EST

Why you wish to join The Guardians: I like the idea that your guild is following. I think it is pretty bad a**. I also think that your recruitment post here was pretty bad a** as well. This is a good looking guild.