[Lore/magic Idea] Soul Puppetry Expansion(?) : Healing

Demotheus

She picked up several books along the way, and she isn't particularly adept with electrical evocation, mind you. Plus, she's existed for longer than youre giving her credit for. As for soul puppetry, herself. She started two or three even weeks ago, placing her in early tier two.however this is neither the time nor Th the place to ask such relatively unrelated questions. You've always had some issue or another with me, and I suspect now is no different. You're referring to a certain recent roleplay fight in which she was unable to kill even one of your small bandit/patrol group who attacked for some reason she couldn't understand. She died, in the end.

If I find relevant information and proof that soul puppetry is in fact locked I'll drop it with no issues.

Now now laddies and gentlemen, stay on topic here. I might've strayed it a bit prior though let us get back on.

Demo, what is your real big paragraph long stated reasoning for having this expansion in soul puppetry? What is the true/real big reasons why it should be allowed? That is what I am going to ask here as you've not given a full and proper answer before.

Now now laddies and gentlemen, stay on topic here. I might've strayed it a bit prior though let us get back on.

Demo, what is your real big paragraph long stated reasoning for having this expansion in soul puppetry? What is the true/real big reasons why it should be allowed? That is what I am going to ask here as you've not given a full and proper answer before.

Well, a few days ago my character had captured someone, as I had mentioned earlier, that was wounded. She promised said person that she would heal the wound, lead her to her enchanting room, which is nice and edgy - i didn't build it - and started doing a bunch of showboaty crap involving incantations and stuff.

I had her heal the laceration via soul puppetry, stitching the wound together while the person was asleep. I wasn't sure if this was possible or not, afterwards. I figured that it manipulated the soul, it would also be able to heal things like lacerations as apposed to creating them - though pain still being a very large factor. 

I figured, maybe I should throw this idea up on the forums for feedback. 

As to why I think it should be part of soul puppetry? I think Jistuma or some other lore master at some point posted somethign on some thread that I can't remember at the moment about "maybe someone will come up with a way to heal using dark magic to be on par with clerical people in some way or something", paraphrasing heavily. I feel like Soul Puppetry might be most suited to this.

Like I said, if you can create something via soul puppetry that harms, you should logically be able to reverse it due to how I, at least at the time assumed it worked. I didn't know that it corrupted your own soul as well, which apparently makes that more or less impossible? So I created this out of my assumptions and ignorance. By no means do I think this should be used for "good". More so for the interests of the soul puppeteer, which are usually at most neutral, if not evil. 

Who is your teacher for soul puppetry? 

<script type="text/javascript"> //</script> 433c7edf617b9ff66088ecf9122d446d.png

Source: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/106598-comprehensive-guide-to-canon-magic-void/

Who is your teacher for soul puppetry? 

<script type="text/javascript"> //</script> 433c7edf617b9ff66088ecf9122d446d.png

Source: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/106598-comprehensive-guide-to-canon-magic-void/

There is none, this is odd. I haven't seen anything in the original lore that states anything about consequences of learning soul puppetry without a teacher, yet it's listed there for some reason.

Further explanation is required!

Without a teacher you won't be able to learn how to manipulate the puppet to do curses on. Or learn how to make the puppets.

Oh, that stinks. I figure it can be figured out or observed from experience/read and such to figure that out. I thought it was something like necromancy's clause ;p

Soul Puppetry's original idea was to create a magic type that curses people in the most weirdest and most "spookiest" ways possible. The idea behind it was of course based on that myth of Voodoo Puppets.

Monkey and I agreed that it should only be used for curses that harm people and not for the "good", aka healing someone. Healing is a thing that doesn't fit to this magical dark arts type at all. In my opinion, I don't want to see this happening, even if I like the idea of "Dark Art healing".

Soul Puppetry's original idea was to create a magic type that curses people in the most weirdest and most "spookiest" ways possible. The idea behind it was of course based on that myth of Voodoo Puppets.

Monkey and I agreed that it should only be used for curses that harm people and not for the "good", aka healing someone. Healing is a thing that doesn't fit to this magical dark arts type at all. In my opinion, I don't want to see this happening, even if I like the idea of "Dark Art healing".

Alright, I already more or less conceded this thread anyway.

Based on this, and on the vote performed by the LM team, I'm sorry to say that this lore has been denied, main reason being that dark magic isn't suppose to be used for healing, expecially this magic.