[Idea/ Wip] Lycanthropus Desasia, Werewolf Disease

TavernLich

Yes, I know this is like the 3rd idea post I have had this week, can't help it sorry ya'll

In the Beginning:

Throughout the time in Athera, with the recent updraft of the people, with trade going from people to people, city to city and even nation to nation, a plethora of diseases and sickness spread throughout the lands with little knowing about them. Just one of these sickness happens to be Lycanthropus Desasia, a disease not necessarily fatal, but all the while dangerous. The disease is, without question, quite a killer. In terms of the later, the "killer" does not come from the disease itself but the victim. Lycanthropus Desasia is a peculiar disease, usually coming of as undetectable with some minor symptoms. You see, the disease its self does not kill, but changes the victim. Every night or so, the time depending on the person in question, but usually at night, the victim is plunged into the heart of insanity, unable to control themselves and their new feral instincts. However these "werewolves" as you call it are not the ones seen at your TV, no these ones are merely victims turned feral at night, granted a few minor phenomenons. Also do note, most of the diseased may not even notice them being like this.

The Stages of the Disease: 

Stage 1: During this stage the victim has just recently caught the disease and a few days later may have a small cold. This cold is followed by violent sneezes and/ or coughs for a few elven days. Dizziness and stomach problems may occur as the disease begins to take affect, latching on to the host onto the base of their skull.

Stage 2: After an elven week or so, the disease releases a strange fluid and adrenaline through the body of the victims, however the fluid, which helps the adrenaline flow through the body, also dilutes its affects giving little to no affects of what adrenaline usually gives. However, mixed with the fluid, it creates strange affects upon the victim. This fluid is called, Lycanthrope. This gives them a sudden hunger for meat of all kinds, sometimes even causing them to suddenly lash out at people with sudden anger, all of which is caused by the disease.

Stage 3: The final stage, and also the most dangerous one for both the victim and the people around the victim. At this stage, the disease spurts out massive amounts of Lycanthrope at random events of time, usually occurring at night for most cases, this causes the victim to be put under a feral trance turning them more like an animal rather than a person. With this comes a subtle transformation, the victim's nails are turned more like claws, the ears and nose become slightly pointed and the hearing and eyesight are ever so slightly enhanced enough just to hear and see slightly better in the dark. Do note that this transformation is extremely painful for the victim, especially the first time, but the pain soon slowly fades away as the number of transformations increase. At this time the victim, while in their trance of sorts feel a hunger of meat as their transformation is completed, causing them to lose control of all reason and more the likely attack ANYONE or ANYTHING that can sate their hunger. 

Symptoms of the Disease:

After the first transformation, the victim will have absolutely no memory of ever turing madly insane. Also later on the day after their transformation, they may experience a small cold, similar to the initial one that brought forth the disease, soreness in muscle (due to the transformation) and a new liking of meat. These symptoms usually follow their order as they are listed above, leading to another transformation.

Appearance:

During the transformation, the victim look similar as they were before they transformed, however, their nails are turned more like claws, their ears and nose are slightly more pointed and their hearing and eyesight are slightly better with the added transformation of their eyes from normal human eyes to beastly eyes. Other than that, they remain the same as they usually tend to do so.

Discovery:

If the victim were to somehow realize they had the disease, they, at first, will have no control over it whatsoever. However with time after time of transformation, if they were to concentrate hard enough they would be able to choose when to transform during that day, but if they choose not to transform that day, the disease will do it for them. This control will, if it is implemented, probably be dictated with a roll, probably out of 100. 60 or higher meaning the will transform at their will. Once they transform, they have no control of what they do during their "feral" form. But, if the victim were to experience trauma or immense concentration for whatever reason, they may revert back to their normal self. This , again, will be done with a roll out of 100. 90 or higher means they are able to turn back.

Contraction of the Disease:

The disease itself is contracted through a bite from a victim in their feral state. This means if this lore gets accepted me and others, if they are willing to, would take on this disease and spread it out, so it would require meeting me and/ or others to get the disease. However it is best that both parties consent to the disease. I cannot stress that enough. Also, the victim must also "mature" in their disease to be able to infect others. Once one is infected, they will then follow the stages listed above, leading to their transformation. Also note that diseases "mature" in the matter of an IRL month, this is also to check your activity and is a test to see if you are active and online enough. This is to stop people who just got the disease to go around biting and trolling with people.

Curing the Disease:

The temporary reversing of a Lycan, as they will be called for now, is easily achieved by druids, clerics and monks. However if said person were to want to fully remove it, they must go to these people in a matter of two IRL months, giving them enough time to decide if they really want to dedicate their time and persona into this.

Red Lines:

- Said victim of the disease may have their transformed persona look like the description above, no furry wolfman, just don't

- They gain no sudden burst of raw strength from this

- One must not be able to control their feral selves fully and with ease

- This is not for people looking to be powerful, if you read this then you will know that they are basically insane people and that's about it

First

EDIT: Also just as I finished writing this an add for a game called "Eternal Night" popped up with a werewolf and vampire, guess this means its my lucky day!

There's been werewolf diseases already accepted on this server as lore by my good friend Garukumus, who is no longer around anymore. I'm not sure if it applied to everyone or his his character, but he got it accepted in Aegis. I doubt the topic is still around though, but goodluck. +1

There's been werewolf diseases already accepted on this server as lore by my good friend Garukumus, who is no longer around anymore. I'm not sure if it applied to everyone or his his character, but he got it accepted in Aegis. I doubt the topic is still around though, but goodluck. +1

Can you perhaps get me a link to that? If there is one already accepted, I would rather drop this topic as it is, thank you.

nope.

Please refrain from just an outright answer if you have nothing to say but "nope" with nothing to add to the post, I kindly ask you to leave, friend.

Thanks, Jack!

It was posted almost three years ago so I'll try when I get on my desktop.

Why are people noping this? Its just cannibalism with a lycan twist. Which is actually written well.

consider_the_following2.gif

>Not clique werewolf stuff

>more of a disease with disabilities than a 'power-up'

>Not about Furrys

I like, better than most ideas on these topics. Don't hate it just because it's not been done well before.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been taken to a vote by the Lore Masters and has been denied.

While the creature itself is not a traditional werewolf, it still has some of the many characteristics, turning into them, claws, contageous biting. As said in this thread, werewolves and vampires aren't accepted unless they are made in a very original way, as was the case for the Imp Parasite lore. This lore does not reach such levels of originality I'm afraid. As a last statement, have you imagined how it would be roleplaying these creatures IG? Night-time comes every half an hour, the characters would be always changing, even in the middle of small talk conversations.