Creator Magic

Eddywilson2

There are Aenguls and Daemons that canonically exist and give power to their followers. But there is no canon for the creation of the world. We could believe there was a creator or that the Aenguls and Daemons worked together to create the world or whatever and it would all be equally valid. Point is that the creator is not any more valid than the dwarven Brathmordikin, for instance.

EDIT: I doubt the staff will allow a source of magic from any being(s) that claims to be responsible for creation in order to keep that area open and not railroad religions.

So the creation lore of the server, which mentions A CREATOR..CREATING...AENGUADAEMONS...is noncanon..

Okay!

So the creation lore of the server, which mentions A CREATOR..CREATING...AENGUADAEMONS...is noncanon..

Okay!

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/117104-what-do-you-think-about-the-church-of-the-canon/page-7#entry1121236

f3ee772d22d63e814e2062cdf8cfc5fc.png

Unfortunately, no. Angels aren't ethereal beings that can't act against eachother. If an angel pretended to be the Creator to give power, he might find himself ganked by both Tahariae ((One of the most powerful)) and Xan ((Again, another one of the most powerful)). Infact, it would probably be that way, since the Creator worshippers tend to -kill- clerics, meaning their own influence in the realm would be weakened by letting someone impersonate the omnipotent and omniscient creator, should such a being exist in LotC's universe.

I'm not sure it woke like that because if so, wouldn't all the Aenguls including those two gang up on Iblees?

Also, the magics covered such as multiplying food and exorcisms are not Druidic or Cleric. I'm currently fleshing it out with some people to make it more diverse as well.

I'm not sure it woke like that because if so, wouldn't all the Aenguls including those two gang up on Iblees?

Also, the magics covered such as multiplying food and exorcisms are not Druidic or Cleric. I'm currently fleshing it out with some people to make it more diverse as well.

Clerical magic gets used to fight the taint of dark magic a lot. Which just leaves the only unique thing as making a lot of food.

I would prefer to not get into this, yet again, with people.

So by cleric/drood logic, their gods exist but the human god doesnt. Seems legit. Elven Supremecy ftw

Just to note, this doesn't even make sense. Neither order is racially specific and the clerical order's most prominent members in the past mainly consisted of humans. Braxus and Areon Baldwin were the head honchos for three bloody maps. I dunno if this is trolling or not.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/110635-priest-healing-guide-update/

Have a guide.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/110634-war-cleric-guide-update/

Have another guide.

The first two paragraphs of each basically summarizes clerical magic's process to people.

Okay!

Also, implying that your little petty character is significant enough to be bestowed powers by the thing that created Iblees, Mr. Tah there and Xan as well - on top of every single continent and alternate dimension we've visited and the very concept of reality as we comprehend it itself - is basically powergaming. I know the Orenian faith preaches that you worship the creator, that's fine, but to have that worship be reciprocated in the way of magic is a bit silly.

Wardog. Tone your attitude down. You get an IC position of power and you just make posts the make you sound like a d*ck. Why is it silly that every other faith gets all of this magic and Human faith can't? As for the lore and stuff it's self I like it Eddy, hopefully it can be accepted because I loved playing clergy on my priest when I knew Creator healing. It brought so much Oren roleplay and was a lot of fun for everyone.

I would prefer to not get into this, yet again,

Just to note, this doesn't even make sense. Neither order is racially specific and the clerical order's most prominent members in the past mainly consisted of humans. Braxus and Areon Baldwin were the head honchos for three bloody maps. I dunno if this is trolling or not.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/110635-priest-healing-guide-update/

Have a guide.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/110634-war-cleric-guide-update/

Have another guide.

The first two paragraphs of each basically summarizes clerical magic's process to people.

Also, implying that your little petty character is significant enough to be bestowed powers by the thing that created Iblees, Mr. Tah there and Xan as well - on top of every single continent and alternate dimension we've visited and the very concept of reality as we comprehend it itself - is basically powergaming. I know the Orenian faith preaches that you worship the creator, that's fine, but to have that worship be reciprocated in the way of magic is a bit silly.

Dunno why you are being so hostile, i just wanted to be sure clerica and druids werent pulling any cards to get the magic, which is essentially Jesusmancy, shut down. If its gonna be shut down, its gonna be shutdown because its jesusmancy, not lore reasons.

Why is it silly that every other faith gets all of this magic and Human faith can't?

Because clerics and druids and kha worship Aenguls or Daemons (basically minor deities) that actually interact with the world, while the humans chose to worship the creator (essentially god) that hasn't had anything to do with the world since he created it. Nothing is stopping humanity from worshiping an aengul or daemon that actually does things, but from looking back on Oren's history it seems to me that creator worship was chosen specifically so it would be more like Medeival religions without all the magic attached to it.

Alright, apologies for any interpreted hostilities or whatever else, this was not the intention with my original post. Not sure why my current character's position, that has literally nothing to do with this subject, is relevant to the response either. Moving on, however.

I'm not precisely sure why Oren originally created this religion. However it first sprouted up in Asulon. It seemed like a pseudo-Christian creation considering the use of some papal terms, ranks as well as the concept of various punishments including being put on a crucifix, something that a bishop ordered teutons to put my war cleric on literally after he healed a child in the public square. It began as a mortal religion, and for a substantial period of time, has remained simply that.

Also, I'm assuming you did not actually look at the guides I linked. So here is the most relevant portion of one guide to your concerns.

How Healing Works:

Clerical healing is based upon one’s connection to their proclaimed patron. In past and present there have been many faces, many names and many theories behind the sources of these powerful magics. With that said however, mortals can never be truly certain of where or who their magic comes from, for now. Tahariae is recognized by the Clerical Order though, and it’s their members who first used the magic, and their members who have been known to be most proficient in it, this detail is not to be dismissed in one’s consideration of where the true source comes from.

By all means you are permitted to RP, somehow, working miracles in the creator's name. I was just clarifying that you cannot harness the power of the literal creator of the universe. Your character is by all means allowed to think he is, but OOC clarification, you cannot.

Dunno why you are being so hostile, i just wanted to be sure clerica and druids werent pulling any cards to get the magic, which is essentially Jesusmancy, shut down. If its gonna be shut down, its gonna be shutdown because its jesusmancy, not lore reasons.

Alright, again, I legitimately cannot tell if this is trolling or not. Jesusmancy? What?

So could a magic different from Cleric magic and Druid magic be made from the same deity but is accredited to another source?

The difference between the object of the human faith and faiths that have magics with them is that the human faith worships a deity that isn't confirmed by lore as actually existing. The Brathmordakin don't grant any specific magics and there's actually lore that says they're real I do believe. If not it just proves anyway that it's because the object of worship doesn't actually exist and therefore don't have any magics that actually come from them.

So could a magic different from Cleric magic and Druid magic be made from the same deity but is accredited to another source?

The way cleric and druid magic work is you can only gain access to those deity's power by being trained and attuned by their followers. With the one exception of priest healing. You can heal through holy magic given by the clerical deity but believing IC to be from someone else. I can tell you for a fact, however, that druidic magic is only accessible through the druid order and that is very unlikely to change.

Perhaps you may adopt Clerical faiths into your church instead of taking the easy route and developing another whole subtype that is strikingly similar to Creator Clericism, which as far as I know has been abolished.

To emphasize this, Druids teach that the first druid ever was a human woman, and the myth this teaching is based off of has been around since Aegis. We just tend to align with elven ideals more closely than the other races, but all races are allowed to join.

Wardog. Tone your attitude down. You get an IC position of power and you just make posts the make you sound like a d*ck. Why is it silly that every other faith gets all of this magic and Human faith can't? As for the lore and stuff it's self I like it Eddy, hopefully it can be accepted because I loved playing clergy on my priest when I knew Creator healing. It brought so much Oren roleplay and was a lot of fun for everyone.

Aengudaemons are confirmed to exist and interact with the world and give out powers. A being above Aengudaemons is not confirmed to have ever existed and if it does it clearly doesn't interact with the world.

If you're asking if you could create a new aengudaemon for a distinct form of magic to come from, you could try to get that passed. trying to get a second form of magic out of an existing aegnudaemon that already gives magic to it's followers, though, is not going to happen.