[Creature Lore] Renatian Mountain Hound

Last step on the mountain thing..

Its a short haired animal why the hell does it have short hair if it lives in freaking mountain ranges?

I understand inquisition just came out and you miss fluffy from origins but plz m9... 

I would never call my mabari anything but barkspawn anyway

Last step on the mountain thing..

Its a short haired animal why the hell does it have short hair if it lives in freaking mountain ranges?

I understand inquisition just came out and you miss fluffy from origins but plz m9... 

Actually, most creatures that live in mountains don't have long hair. Mountain lions, bighorn sheep, boars, elk, moose, hares, mice, black and brown bears. All these animals do not sport long fluffy coats, but short and dense coats that barely ever pass a finger depth in length. Rarely even reaching two inches.

A perfect example is actually boars. Look at their coats.They aren't fluffy at all! They have very short, wiry coats that clutch to their bodies. They don't rely on their coats at all for protection from the winter. They in fact, like a large majority of animals, rely on fat and muscle in order to protect them from the elements. Other animals who also live in regions like this rely on a combination of fat and exceedingly short, dense, fluffy undercoats that rarely ever pass a half inch in length, as a built in insulator from he cold. It basically traps their body heat against them allowing for more heat retention, thus they are not cold.

Now if we look at dogs specifically? The same thing applies. Dogs that actually live in these cold regions do not sport long coats. The St. Bernard, Burmese Mountain Dog, and Great Pyrenees all sport thick, dense coats to trap warm air against their skins in order to keep them warm. Even the Caucasian mountain dog, a breed that is known to be fluffy as can be, bred to live comfortably outside in Russian winters, do not have long fur. They look poofy as can be, but once again their coats do not exceed two inches.

This is because long coats are a damn death sentence in the snow. I doubt you've ever had long hair and been out in the snow, but let me tell you this. It sucks. It sucks so much. Long hair does not trap warmth, it just collects snow into annoying, soggy pellets that cause those luscious locks to freeze. It soaks your skin and sucks away all your radiating body heat.

This is exactly why mountain creatures have short dense hair. The snow doesn't form the pellets of doom that would sap away their precious body heat and allow hypothermia to settle in like you laid out a damn red carpet. No, they get short dense fur that allows the snow to settle atop it and then fall off with a shake as they stand there proud and majestic, looking down at your stupid self with your fritzy long hair shivering in your stupid North Face jacket like a putz.

TL;DR: Things that live in the mountains have pixie cuts.

So does Alpine, peak, height, mount, prominence, summit, and pinnacle, as well as plenty more you can probably find on the internet.

Alpine Hound

Peak Hound

Height Hound

Mount Hound

Prominence Hound

Summit Hound

Pinnacle Hound

Simple is best. Mountain Hound sounds a million times better than Peak Hound lmao

Alpine Hound

Peak Hound

Height Hound

Mount Hound

Prominence Hound

Summit Hound

Pinnacle Hound

Simple is best. Mountain Hound sounds a million times better than Peak Hound lmao

talking **** bout my peak hound?

talking **** bout my peak hound?

you kn0w it

I'm happy to say that this lore is Accepted!

Enjoy roleplaying with your Mountain Hound