[14] The Forests Of Adrallan

Supremacy

Author/s: Lagomorphia

REGION 14: The Forest of Adrallan

The Forest of Adrallan is always eerily silent. There is clearly life there, but no birdsong tweets through the trees, there is no rustle of animals and the trickle of water in the streams always seems somewhat muted. Despite the apparent tranquility, one is always slightly uncomfortable beneath its canopy.

The Forest is a dangerous place. It is a place of magic, almost like a maze. It is littered with magical disturbances that teleport people across the forest, making it incredibly easy to get lost (unmarked fast travels to help people get completely lost in there). The longer one stays in the forest, the longer one feels their memory slipping, their identity fading away. Why did I come here? Who am I? I don’t need to leave this forest, I can just stay here, sit down on this rock, and not move…

The other thing that makes the forest disturbing is the number of skeletal dead bodies laying next to rocks and fallen trees.

At the centre of the Forest is either the Elven Portal in the misc object section or a colossal tree going up to the height limit. Climbing it is a very difficult parkour challenge. Something good is at the top, but the climb is so difficult most will fall and die.

Druids seem not to be that badly affected by the mind-altering effects of the forest due to their Aspect Connection and are one of the few people who can successfully navigate it.