[13] Larihei's Ruins

Zarsies

Author/s: Mithradites

REGION 13: Larihei's Ruins

eY5bBAN.jpg

As you approach a Scattered, stone ruins are intertwined with trees. These buildings were obviously not built for lengthy habitation, and are almost entirely rubble. Stone is spread around the area pell-mell, almost as if shaken apart. However, there are distinct outlines of what must have been houses. In the center of these ruins are the remains of a large, circular disk, made from obsidian and gold that has held together rather firmly despite the broken surroundings. There appear to be a number of large steel buttresses holding the structure in place--and appear much younger than the portal itself. To discover the history behind the portal, players are required to excavate the area.

There are a total of six house-outlines, all of which having basements. Three will contain useless trinkets (broken tools, rotten meat etc) but three will contain artifacts of some worth.

In basement one, there will be a rusty-looking sword covered ancient runes. It will be resting inside what once must have been an intricately-decorated case, as if only recently made and delivered. It is an iron sword with the following description/specs.

Name: Runic Thinblade

Condition: Almost broken.

Effects: Knockback 3.

Description: “An old blade covered in Dwarven runes. It is a two-handed sword, yet thinner, lighter, and longer than the conventional sort. It may have been designed for the use of tall and slender individuals.”

Within the third home, there are a number of ruined chests, save for one at the very back which appears in eerily perfect condition. On closer inspection, it is covered with a number of dwarven runes. Opening it would reveal a great number of fine dresses and robes perfectly preserved within. There is also a large emerald amulet (represented by a single emerald) at the very bottom of the chest.

(Pictures will come a bit later. Needs me a skinner)

The sixth basement contains a skeleton surrounded by old bottles, and a ruined book clutched in its boney grasp. However, some words can still be made out.

[A filthy mark covers most of the page, but some words at the bottom of the page may still be read.] “…-found the strange ring half-buried in the earth. The pale ones had me and a few others dig it up. I am glad. It gave me a chance to be around her. The others find the pale ones strange, but their beauty couldn’t have escaped all, surely?”

[Multiple pages of rotting paper]

[The page is caked with mud, but there are a few pieces of writing intact] She looks at me like I’m nothing, bu-... . .. … eyes are so beautiful, and her voice is melodic to me. Oh Father help me. I love her so. She will n- … . .ha… . of my kind. My heart is foolish. Sweet Larihei, all I wish for is y-... … .att… Is t-... much to ask?

[There are numerous other pages torn and ruined, before what appears to be the final few pages]

She had said they would be back by now, but they haven’t returned. The other s-... . … . leaving. I’m the last of the ones still here. There are still supplies… .. .i….th… other ho….. but nothing important. They wouldn’t leave me. She wouldn’t leave me. She smiled at me. Please Father, let her still be coming.

I’ll wait, regardless. I won’t leave until I need to. I still have wine. It’ll pass the…

[There are no more entries]