[Legend/folktale Lore] The Man Of Clay

shortchangehero

"Horen, otherwise named Man, known among mortals as Human, a creation well known for their stubborn concept of success. To strive to do better, bravely explore new worlds, gather endless knowledge to fill their ancient archives, Humans will never slow down their advance. But this nature, this drive Humans have will and has steered them into the harmful path of conflict, which as always, consumes those sucked into it with forever chaos, forever conflict. It is in Human blood to fight, whether it be foreign races, ancient evils or inevitably among themselves." ~Unknown

The Man of Clay

Long ago, high in the heavens above, was once an Aengul whom has now long been lost in the stretch of time. This Aengul, it had a simple being, as it merely was tasked with forever watch,  to always be glancing down at the mortal world below. Despite repetition though, the Aengul was fond of watching the mortal way of life. The races, the creations whom banded together to rise grand civilizations and turned on each other to only fall what they had built. This was all interesting to the Aengul, but one being, one simple race, Man, snatched the greater interest of the Aengul. It kept a close eye on Man, it watched for ages and ages, soon having its interest of Man turn into a liking, then in time the liking to a love. But as this Aengul had grown to love man, it had also grown a hate of watching Man. Man suffered to dangers, Man lost many to conflict, Man was weak compared to all else. This was unfair in the eyes of the Aengul, very unfair indeed.

stars.jpg

The Aengul could bare Man’s suffering no more, it had made it’s goal to protect man and had devised a plan which would protect Man from all harm. The Aengul travelled down to the mortal realm below, collecting clay from the soil, then sculpting together a statue that resembled that of an armored man. It was satisfied with the statue, then made more, hundreds more identical to that of the first. But something happened, another of the same kind as the Aengul, had come down from above, attacked the Aengul while it was working on another statue, leaving it in the mortal realm to parish, then disappeared to back from where it had came. The now dying Aengul had failed his reason of being in the eyes of the other, for it’s purpose was to watch, not make change.

chinese_terracotta_warriors.gif

The dying Aengul, with it’s time soon coming to an end was left devastated. It loved Man, it was so close to saving Man, it would not let Man down. The dying Aengul with it’s final gasp, had blown a powerful breath into the deformed statue it had been working on, and with the end of that, ceased to be. Soon after, the statue rose from where it lay looking around in a state of confusion, but in the end the thoughts came rushing it. It’s purpose was to protect Man.

---

OOC:

First lore I’ve ever written for this server, hope you guys like it. It’s basically an old legend/folktale, which if ‘good’ in concept, I plan to further write lore into to possibly make a reality? This would mean I would need to delve into depth about the ‘Aengul,’ it’s purpose, why it died, what happened in specifics, etc, etc. Either way, feel free to leave feedback below!

~Your friendly neighbourhood Ggt

Almost forgot to mention, there is another part to this which will be a separate lore post if/when this lore is accepted. It explains what happens after with the single Clay Man.

ggt you son of a lich. I'm going to go take some of my own clay men. I'll just like, take Masur, and MOVE IT over to LotC.

I would like to say that this does sound ever so like golems, but whatever. Its a nice read. 

Unfortunately this lore has been  [Denied] .

However! Not for a bad reason, its merely a tale and does not require official approval from ourselves.. If this is what you wish to believe within character, then feel free!

Further questions can be sent to myself or another member of the LT.

Thanks!