[Magic] Material Manipulation (Misting)

mitto

I love the original take on allomancy, Mitt! My one issue is how this all works. It seems like it is all chucked together with the glue of "it's the void so it does this". Additionally, stuff like burning red stone is a bit hard to wrap ones head around. I would avoid things like that altogether, since it seems a bit off.

If I were you, I would work on specifying why the 'burning' of stuff makes such effects, and how the 'burning' works if mages are incapable of accessing or fueling the mana of anything but their own. Remember, it doesn't matter how well you write it, if the technicalities are off, it might not be accepted. Take the teleportation/blinking lore of BNK. He wrote it well, but the explaining was off, so it was denied and had to be rewritten by an LM with better reasoning.

What an idea! I also love the Mistborn series.

If ever we decide to redo magic altogether (that'll be the day) I would like to see this made the canon magic lore in-general. It's so straightforward and well...'simple' for the player to incorporate into role play. I see you really thought this through with the various materials and even the little rolling system you incorporated which I appreciate and I think more magic users should use.

It would also force the players to actually use rp items whilst rping the magic. Though this might be only an addition to the current magic system, I think that this works excellently as a stand alone system for magic which I would do a back flip for to make it the official magic lore. Adding things to it would also be easy, just add another material.

P.S.

There is also endless possibilities to incorporate science into this sort of magic based on the material used.

P.S.S.

I do agree that there are some kinks that need working out, but other than that it's an excellent concept.

I feel I have not been sufficiently thanked for my help with the creation of this GLORIOUS art from... Ech...

Since I am the idea girl, I just had one extra one that should make the burning explanation make more sense.

What if it is more akin to digestion, we say burning still, just think of it as we are breaking down the materials components in order to bolster a certain part of ourselves.

P.S. Matt - Pm me of you need more ideas~ <3

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

In an attempt to save this magic, since it has a lot of holes in it logic wise. I would ask anyone who can see obvious flaws but still wants this to go through to contact me so that we can make some changes.

I didn't really go out and make this for personal gain rather than getting a sick magic implemented into the server. :^)

My original issues still remain to be frank.

1. It seems very.. well.. big. It can do a lot from buffing to warding to.. smoke clouds! Like its very good for a core magic system in which this exists primarily upon its own however instead it remains afloat across multiple pieces of already existent and prominent lore. I fail to see its place currently upon the server.

2. Mechanical representation. Unless you've directly read the lore and can enforce its literal removing of MC items I cant see it working, this concept seriously needs to be considered should it come to be implemented.

Hope this helps. 

I agree with Pandan.  Although I would love to see this implemented as the core magic system (please god), it does seem rather broad on its own.  In fact, it almost works as it's own sub-type (ie. druidism, arcanism, shamanism, etc...) seeing as it can do most of the things every other magic sub-type can do simply through different methods which is essentially what separates each sub-type from each other, the method by which the caster goes about using their magic.

The lore is [Pending] 

Expect a result within a week or just afterward, the lore team is currently reviewing this piece!

Unfortunately this lore has been [Denied] .

A lot of it came down to my initial comments, yet for the sake of ease and to include a few other points I'll just type it up again.

For starters we've what it can do, which is pretty much a little bit of everything. Magic tends to have a specific theme its spells abide by for instance; fire evocation and fire, clerical magic and light, xan magic and mist, conjuration and.. conjuration. You get the picture. This fails to hold a theme, it seems unable to place itself atop a topic and instead just floats as the odd mixture of a few. Once again I'll state this would most likely work better as a sole form of magic, operating alone and yet such conditions are not present. The effects also may be considered slightly PG'y in points to be frank with the material cost perhaps not making up for what the occurrence is e.g.: stone and spiking arcane capability, there is a lot of stone for such a benefit.

We've then got issues with mechanical representation; how would this work? The entire drawback behind this magic is based entirely on trust and hope and such conditions are often rare within the greedy world upon which we dwell. Nothing is really inhibiting a person from just 'burning' something and then in reality, keeping it for future use. Unless someone is knowledgeable of this lore and can enforce the conditions of burning it really isn't acceptable to just allow such to happen, more so new players who've barely had a chance to understand core mechanics never mind intricate magic lore.

Atop of that we've a few of the team not wanting new magic as of this moment and feeling such a big contribution such as this would only go to upset the current balance. We've also got concerns about how the mana somehow 'burns' the object and in reality, that not making much sense. Mana is nothing more than a fuel for a variety of purposes, expressing itself within burning force would seem a little.. Iffy.

Thanks for submitting.