[Complete][Bounty] "the Devourer"

ScreamingDingo

Wanted: The "Devourer" 

Threat level:

Maximum level threat, chances of survival are quite slim. Also a crew of sailors and a functioning boat would be needed to even pursue this contract.

Description of beast(s):

According to the tales of the beast, it appears to have a large amount of limbs, its scales a mixture of some purple and red. Rather than that, all that remembering seeing it are brought to tears when asked. 

Off the Isles of Vailor, a few bodies of water out from the coast. Contact Edgar Bennett to confirm the said location

Below is the rough location of the said beast, various trade boats have fallen victim to this beast, so I will not stress further that it is a target that will get many killed.

M9VuLTe.png

Rewards:

20,000 Minas

A cloaked man limps forth towards a paper pinned to a board in a remote town near the coast. He plucks the poster from the wood and looks it over, his expression turning from one of indifference to dread as he reads the last line. The man, his face lined with scars from years of Monster work, frowns. A shiver runs up his spine and his hairs stand up on end. He pins the poster back to the board, grunting. "Some things aren't meant to be hunted." he simply mutters, limping off without another word.

*Looks over the notice as he sits at the dock and can't help but sigh.*

"Well outside anything but a full military vessel or three is going to take that thing down..a single megaladon nearly shredded a 4 masted Alrasian galleon with 10 balista before it was brought down and that was just a damn fish back a few worlds ago. Still remember the teeth big enough to be used as shields, only imagine what the teeth on this thing look like. Only seen one real sailing ship of late and shes as armed as a lass going to a ball so that ain't happening..."

*Pins to the notice a quick note*

"If a ship can be found to hunt this, I'll join her crew for a chance to see this beast and perhaps dive its nest in search of what was left behind by it's victims. I've sailed on 3 different galleons my life, including Syrio's Beard and have quite a bit of experience with siege weapons, their use and their design and combat with them on ships. You can contact me by bird.

Signed-

Tenshar Karkun"

*His last words as he walks back to work are simply.*

"Oh how I would kill tah be able to use the old cannons we designed on this beast.."

Luka would skim his orbs slowly over the notice, craning his head at Iat and Adeon, shaking his head rigidly, mumbling to himself, "Need entire navy to hunt this down."

Kailon eyes over the notice, and notices the detail of needing boats to hunt the creature. Ripping out a page from his notebook, he scribbles down a note, before stretching to pin it to the top of the bounty,

"If ye be huntin' dis beast on a vessel, ye'll be needin' a crack shot 'nd a shipwright. Lucky fer you, ahm both. Send me a bird, 'nd ah'll join ye on dis venture".

The dwarf waddles away, assuring himself that small fishing boats counted as ships, and that hunting boars was as a good as a sniper as any, he made way to the tree farm of Cloud Temple, intent on getting in some archery practice against the towering wooden targets just to be certain.

Sammy strolls over to the notice board, two other men behind him as he does so, looking at the poster on the board, reading through it hastily, cracking a smile as he skims through to the part with minas, writing down his own note, placing it above all the other notes, stabbing a small knife into it to keep it in place.

"Hello my fine gent, I would be duly interested to accompany the fine men and women that venture on this hunt, I've little experience with hunting monsters, however I can offer myself and several others to assist in the sailing of the ship and if it comes to it, the assisted dispatching of this dastardly beast, we've the minas to arm ourselves if we cannot be armed by our employer, and above all, we're a rather jolly bunch for company."

Ayche scribbles a few quick notes down, bringing the parchment back towards The Tailor and his crew.

"Ballista alone won't be enough. We'll need specialized crewmembers, probably independent contractors too."

Oan looks the notice over, frowning at the description of the beast. He pins up a response, reading:

"You'll need a fleet to take this beast down, three-four ships at least, with cannon and ballistae. Diving helmets will be needed to probe it's warrens and the killing grounds, and scout craft to make sure it doesn't take the fleet unawares. I'll be willing to assist in preparations, especially devising equipment to kill it. I once heard of whalers using harpoon cannons, big things with powder in them to hook onto their prey. Given enough ships, this might be feasible. Send me a bird or look me up in the Seven Cats Tavern."

*looks at the poster "... Fools. Some things, in this world, are not meant to be hunted nor found. It must be avoided. To hunt this would be the wish of a madman... or woman..." Alstasia Tintia rips it up and walks back to the Caliphate

In the basement of a home, appearing as any other, an old man stands over a stone table. Upon the stone table, a body lies still. An elf, recently killed. The skin of it's arms blackened, the mark of a Necromancer's drain. The man would keep his tired gaze upon the body a moment longer, before raising a hand, palm down above the corpse. A trail of blackened mist forms within his palm, before lazily flowing down, and into the elves chest. After a moment, the corpse would begin to twitch, before slowly raising itself up to sit on the table, turning it's dead gaze to the man. The man would hold the moving carcass' gaze for a minute, before the mist from his hands dissipates into the nearby air. At this, the corpse falls back down, dead once more. The man grabs his staff, which rests nearby the stone table, walking to an adjacent room, and peering through the window of the door. Within, the ghouls would stand, idle, waiting for their next meal, or orders from their master.

The old man would take out the wanted poster he had ripped from a nearby board, looking over the title of the monster.

"The Devourer."

He says the name once, looking between it and the room of undead in thought.

"It would be a valuable servant, to be sure.. but none could tame it in life."

He would reach to the latch of the door, pulling it up in one swift motion, then stepping back to open it. As it opens, the ghouls would look toward the now open door, and the corpse beyond. They would charge through the door, hungrily devouring the corpse as they run to it, akin to a pack of rabid dogs.

"Then I shall tame it in Death."

*Hearing of the recent failed hunt, the scholar sits down at his desk and begins sketching a new idea he had for fighting the beast. Soon after on the paper appears what looks like a boat, but with no sails and no crew area. Instead along the side are iron spikes designed to be difficult to pull out once embedded, which are mounted to pistons. A side view of the interior reveals a reinforced frame of iron loaded inside with blocks with the letters TNT written on them. The second last picture shows the Destroyer wrapping its arms around the fake ship only to have the spikes dig into its arms as they are projected out by the pistons, sticking the ship to its arms as it pulls them back under. The final picture is the ship exploding, the spikes ripping through the arms as the metal frame turns into dangerous shrapnel tearing limb and flesh of the destroyer. The blueprint is slipped away into a pouch as he heads to a near by market to acquire about tnt.*

"Seems like something the dwarves would make...."

In the basement of a home, appearing as any other, an old man stands over a stone table. Upon the stone table, a body lies still. An elf, recently killed. The skin of it's arms blackened, the mark of a Necromancer's drain. The man would keep his tired gaze upon the body a moment longer, before raising a hand, palm down above the corpse. A trail of blackened mist forms within his palm, before lazily flowing down, and into the elves chest. After a moment, the corpse would begin to twitch, before slowly raising itself up to sit on the table, turning it's dead gaze to the man. The man would hold the moving carcass' gaze for a minute, before the mist from his hands dissipates into the nearby air. At this, the corpse falls back down, dead once more. The man grabs his staff, which rests nearby the stone table, walking to an adjacent room, and peering through the window of the door. Within, the ghouls would stand, idle, waiting for their next meal, or orders from their master.

The old man would take out the wanted poster he had ripped from a nearby board, looking over the title of the monster.

"The Devourer."

He says the name once, looking between it and the room of undead in thought.

"It would be a valuable servant, to be sure.. but none could tame it in life."

He would reach to the latch of the door, pulling it up in one swift motion, then stepping back to open it. As it opens, the ghouls would look toward the now open door, and the corpse beyond. They would charge through the door, hungrily devouring the corpse as they run to it, akin to a pack of rabid dogs.

"Then I shall tame it in Death."

"Seem beasts are not meant to be hunted, nor killed, Veran." A steely face grunts, rasping in its metallic voice.

*Glacio walks up the the notice board where the contract is listed, nailing in a notice of his own.*

"Under no circumstances is anybody to traverse the waters or attempt to harm The Many-Armed One. Thank you." - Eastin Dia Company

"I believe I have found where this beast came from. If anybody is interested, send a bird to Alstasia Tintia." (( JCmarine ))