[✗] [Playable Creature] [Submission] Faeri

PraiseToCthulhu

a9b482d28fe9e84058aafa50030eff1b.thumb.j

Race: Faeri

(Idea and edited by PraiseToCthulhu - Written up by Hexe)

General aspects:

A faeri is a rather small, weak, winged human; usually no more than 6 inches in height. Faeris are solitary creatures, rarely interacting with the likes of druids or each other. Emotional bonds between 2 faeris are possible and usually occur if the pair have been together for a long period of time. As for their physically weak stature, a faeri can only manage to carry 0.5 times their own body weight with little effort – usually being able to manage a sewing needle or small fruits (e.g. nuts). Their limited strength also dictates the duration for which they can fly; despite the fact that their lightness can often benefit them, extended periods of flying tends to sap their energy greatly. This loss of energy often results in the faeri needing to rest, having to return to land after an hour or so.

Appearance, form and personality:

As previously mentioned, faeris have features similar to those of elves and humans. Despite this, it is impossible for them to gain any form of large muscle mass as a result of their delicate bones. In most cases faeris have long, light coloured hair and eyes, though darker colours can occur in rare cases. Their voices range from light and melodic to high pitched and skittish.
Their clothing is mostly made of organic materials such as ivy or flower petals due to the featherweight quality of such materials and it's availability. Their choice in attire also provides good camouflage, though this is unintentional. The personality of an adult faeri is equivalent to that that of a child, never quiet understanding how the world around them functions, causing them to be somewhat curious, albeit bashful and apprehensive. They will always have a natural fear to darkness; partially because of predators and, much like the common moth, find themselves drawn towards light sources in the darkness. Because of this fear, they sleep through the night unless something interesting happens to wake them. Faeris are often found in woodland areas, setting up their homes high in the trees and away from dangerous creatures. Despite not enjoying company, once a friend is made they will panic if they are apart from each other for too long.
As far as  birth names go, faeris are not directly given them, but instead often become attached to nicknames that they deem fitting or unique.

Interactions with others, the world and fighting:

Faeris are not great speakers. They struggle to learn new languages and can only speak in broken “common,” unless taught otherwise by a being with both great patience and the needed skill to not scare them off. Despite being able to talk, faeris are almost incapable of speaking any louder than a humans whisper (attempting to speak any louder is very draining for them), having to get closer to larger beings in order to be heard. Being hit by a faeri would most likely hurt them more than it would you.

Q&A:

How did faeris come about?

The death of a being with a strong bond between themselves and nature, can sometimes bring about a faeri. Despite this, It neither the soul nor a spirit.

When & why did they first appear/were they first discovered?

Faeris, being the shy creatures they are used to avoid human contact all together. It was only recently that they started to become more curious about the lives of human, orcs, elves and the like. The reason for this is that, over the decades, society has expanded and destroyed the forests that the faeris hold dear. It was this destruction that caused them to come out of hiding and slowly begin to interact with the new world forming around them.
Even though many people began to notice these small creatures, many simply believed them to be hallucinations and ignored them but the ones that did not, began to research and study them.

neat concept, though sadly just seems like a small version of a wood elf. Wouldnt really serve much purpose if its so small. I mean, whatll eventually happen is a small group of Twinklebelle rp

neat concept, though sadly just seems like a small version of a wood elf. Wouldnt really serve much purpose if its so small. I mean, whatll eventually happen is a small group of Twinklebelle rp

A small group wouldnt happen and if it did, it would be an extremely rare occurance. I also cant see how you took wood elves from a human-looking creature, as also stated in the first paragraph.

Thanks for the feedback.

All Im trying to say is I don't feel 6 inch tall people would be possible nor really fun to play as in lotc. Where would their homes be? How are they created? Examples of accents?(broken common doesn't really work). Do they live in big or small groups?

Also I said "miniature wood elves" because it says theres a lot of things that are relative to elves.

Do they live in big or small groups?

Couples and rarely small groups, like the lore says.

Where would their homes be? 

Trees and where ever possible, that needs to be added into the lore, I guess.

Examples of accents?(broken common doesn't really work)

Broken common isn't an accent, think of a German trying to speak English after only learning it for five months.

nor really fun to play as in lotc.

Neither are Ghosts but they're around.

Any question I skipped I don't have an answer for, you'd have to speak with Kurt_BlowBrains.

Edited by Banshee

Small, obviously like I said.

Broken common isn't an accent, think of a German trying to speak English after only learning it for five months.

Any question I skipped I don't have an answer for, you'd have to speak with Kurt_BlowBrains.

Apologies for my previous post, It bugged out and I have no idea how to delete it.

Small, obviously like I said.

Any question I skipped I don't have an answer for, you'd have to speak with Kurt_BlowBlowBrains

Walrus clearly has not read the post properly. It specifically states they live in woodlands, usually in the trees.

On a further note, how fun a race is depends on the RPer. 

I have some issues with this lore, if you'd allow me to voice them of course. Now, I'm not saying to completely neglect this; as it possibly /could/ create some interesting role-play. But let's be honest, it'd be rather awkward to see a 6 inches tall Faeri played by a normal MC Character, but that's unimportant. I understand one would visually see these as 6 inches tall. But how did they come about? When did they first appear? What can they do and what would they do to improve general role-play? To me, this doesn't seem like a brand new main race creation, but more of a supportive type as they'd literally be unable to do much to commit to the general atmosphere. I don't mean this to shoot down this lore, but there are some questions which need answering. I suggest for you to add:
+How did they come about?
+When were they discovered/first appeared?
+Why do they tend to stay away from people/other Faeris? Is it due to a shyness or perhaps, just general intolerance.

These are just a couple questions I personally have for this race. If you could also include examples of their 'broken common' that would also be nice. Thanks!

I have some issues with this lore, if you'd allow me to voice them of course. Now, I'm not saying to completely neglect this; as it possibly /could/ create some interesting role-play. But let's be honest, it'd be rather awkward to see a 6 inches tall Faeri played by a normal MC Character, but that's unimportant. I understand one would visually see these as 6 inches tall. But how did they come about? When did they first appear? What can they do and what would they do to improve general role-play? To me, this doesn't seem like a brand new main race creation, but more of a supportive type as they'd literally be unable to do much to commit to the general atmosphere. I don't mean this to shoot down this lore, but there are some questions which need answering. I suggest for you to add:
+Why do they tend to stay away from people/other Faeris? Is it due to a shyness or perhaps, just general intolerance.

These are just a couple questions I personally have for this race. If you could also include examples of their 'broken common' that would also be nice. Thanks!

Will be worked on.

Will be worked on.

The key to a perfect lore submission is to make sure there arent plotholes :3

I do like the idea of this a lot! I think it would be nice to have another playable race aside from the ones we have already. I think this would be the perfect thing! 

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

There's not enough depth in the lore for them to be playable, and their characteristics make them unfit to be played by normal folk. Their size, the ability to fly, and so on. You can try and make them a creature in the creature thread.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.