[Magic/Race] Anthropomortia/Perennia

Dragonslayerelf

6 hours ago, Fitermon said:

Although it might seem cool, there are a fair amount of issues with this. For one, Druids already have shapeshifting, so this idea of magic is fairly covered by that. Second, if a conjurationist were to target themselves as the location to conjure, they'd be unable to cast inside of their body without messing up. Even if they managed to do that, I doubt they'd be able to keep the focus and concentration on keeping the conjuration there, let alone it being a long term thing. It's a neat idea, but it just doesn't work with any of the lore at the time with how it works.

I'm in agreement with Fitermon here. Not to mention this lore is vague and does not explain how it functions fundamentally. 

• You claim that this is due to conjuration, but if you accidentally fused an animal into your body, you'd die. And the primordial conjuration, having fire flowing through your veins would kill you, once again.
  • How is this form sustained? Voidal magic has to have a source of mana to keep it going and conjuration requires a great deal of it.
  • You claim there are a lot of redlines but have failed to list more than two.
  • What's the limit on what you can morph with? High tier conjurationists can dabble in the creation of hybrids, would they also be capable of being used for this?
  • If this is permanent, how do you explain the change to the descendant's soul? This is one of the biggest issues in my opinion and I don't see voidal magic accidentally morphing the soul in such a way without a much more detailed account on how/why.

Overall, I do not feel this lore is needed nor is it done in a concise manner. I suggest having this moved to roleplay ideas while you work on fleshing it out, as it will get denied as is.

On 1/28/2016 at 1:37 AM, The Pink Lion said:

I'm in agreement with Fitermon here. Not to mention this lore is vague and does not explain how it functions fundamentally. 

• You claim that this is due to conjuration, but if you accidentally fused an animal into your body, you'd die. And the primordial conjuration, having fire flowing through your veins would kill you, once again.
  • How is this form sustained? Voidal magic has to have a source of mana to keep it going and conjuration requires a great deal of it.
  • You claim there are a lot of redlines but have failed to list more than two.
  • What's the limit on what you can morph with? High tier conjurationists can dabble in the creation of hybrids, would they also be capable of being used for this?
  • If this is permanent, how do you explain the change to the descendant's soul? This is one of the biggest issues in my opinion and I don't see voidal magic accidentally morphing the soul in such a way without a much more detailed account on how/why.

Overall, I do not feel this lore is needed nor is it done in a concise manner. I suggest having this moved to roleplay ideas while you work on fleshing it out, as it will get denied as is.

Thank you for the constructive criticism, and here's the answer to your questions

I admit, maybe the primordial is a bit 'off' but fusing an animal into your body would be more like altering what's already there to be animal LIKE (permanently)

This form is sustained by constantly using a slight amount of your mana, making your mana pool quite smaller, and as soon as you run out of mana and begin to dabble in the part that is being used for the transformation, you begin to die.

I do claim there are a lot of redlines (such as an amateur using even such an animal as a rat for the merge, but that'd kill them), but I expect most to be plain common sense.

The sky's the limit. The hybrids would be able to be used HOWEVER would require twice as much mana.

Your soul would become infused with that of the animal/hybrid you created and therefore the soul is now one. When they are 'revived' by the monks your soul would remain as it was when it was altered, if not a bit more deformed.

Alright, I'll re-post it there and work on it a bit more.

Unfortunately this lore is denied.

Feel free to shoot me or any other member of the Lore Team a message for details.