[✗] Druid Lore Amendment: Control of Weather

Wolf Druid Ouity

Just now, Wolf Druid Ouity said:

I'm tired of answering the same two questions over and over again. 

It's ok Ouity.

Come here fam.

3 minutes ago, KarmaDelta said:

Neat.

That seems cool to add too if they want it to have a little more affect other than just simply raining.

Like, a certain beast sacrificed could affect the weather.

Sacrificing a bear during a rainstorm could make it seem heavier.

Sacrificing a deer for rain would make it more of a serene, rainbowy fall.

Would make for cool 'regents' so to speak.

This is what I'm talking about. It'd be nice to have some lore to this lore. This is just saying 'druids can control weather'. Great, you've all put very convincing reasons (I'm as stubborn as a bull and you convinced me) as to why they can. Now write something beautiful.

My thoughts on the matter were initially yes, to this idea. But the amount of spite and hostility directed at the LT has very seriously made me re-think my opinion. Reading over some of these posts Ouity it seems you've needed Song Druid to censor your fits of apparent anger. The perhaps hard to swallow truth is -- you can't ***** about a staff team then expect them to cooperate with you. Thus far unless you find a way to fix the very sour taste you've left in our mouths, I truthfully can't see this lore being accepted. It's not a matter of its combat use, its not a matter of power, it's a matter of cooperation. I know you've found yourself in a very "stick it to the man" prone spot, but it's not going to do you any favours.

1 minute ago, Mephistophelian said:

This is what I'm talking about. It'd be nice to have some lore to this lore. This is just saying 'druids can control weather'. Great, you've all put very convincing reasons (I'm as stubborn as a bull and you convinced me) as to why they can. Now write something beautiful.

I'm not your lore sl*t.

I'm trying to help you dig out of the hole you've made, Ouity. Calm yourself and act your age.

Here, to help you:

1) Read this in a friendly tone

2) Go drink some water and chill

3) Read Benbo's post. He speaks the truth.

4) Try take my advice. The LT likes lore, not statements.

5) Remain chill

Feelings on the LT is a talk for another time, another thread.  Ouity may have made the post but it is on behalf of the order and to deny it based off of those reasons would be in extremely bad taste.  I personally know Ouity very well and when he's provoked or even angry he acts out more than even I can and I'm not saying that's okay but you can't just force him to like the LT and hold the lore over our head in order for him to do so.  I would venture to say that's one of the things that causes his distaste to start with.  

So please reconsider holding this over our heads.  It's been a rather long debate here on the forums and everyone's getting kindof tired of explaining the same things over and over when people aren't reading the thread.  You can't blame us for being agitated.  

2 minutes ago, Benbo (Wretched) said:

My thoughts on the matter were initially yes, to this idea. But the amount of spite and hostility directed at the LT has very seriously made me re-think my opinion. Reading over some of these posts Ouity it seems you've needed Song Druid to censor your fits of apparent anger. The perhaps hard to swallow truth is -- you can't ***** about a staff team then expect them to cooperate with you. Thus far unless you find a way to fix the very sour taste you've left in our mouths, I truthfully can't see this lore being accepted. It's not a matter of its combat use, its not a matter of power, it's a matter of cooperation. I know you've found yourself in a very "stick it to the man" prone spot, but it's not going to do you any favours.

Look, I apologize. I really, really do. Initially, I wrote this several hours after it came up in a skype chat, when I was told in a very nasty way that this was no longer a Druid power, and that I would be "punished" for using it. Obviously, I was very upset.

I calmed down and wrote this post. As I hope you can see, I have been becoming (justifiably, I hope) upset over the course of this dialogue as page after page of posters refuse to read my OP and put their gut reaction to the title of the post down, for me to answer again and again.

I have not intentionally put anything derogatory about the LMs on this forum. If I have, I sincerely apologize. I usually don't make it my business to trash people in public, and aside from the excerpt at the bottom of the OP, it was my intention to not bring up the LT again, and the first time was to clarify in no uncertain terms that this lore has been in play before, and that it was my hope that this miscommunication could be settled swiftly.

If I have posted anything nasty about the LT (which looking back, I honestly do not see, aside from maybe my comment about the LT loving niches?) then again, I apologize. It's 4:00 AM and I'm trying to fix something, and people are being very.... unique in their approach to reading my posts.

10 minutes ago, Mephistophelian said:

Aspects.

Arik has said countless times in the thread too that Cernunnos was related to the 'wrath' in nature.

That's step one.

Step two is literally gather you bundle of Druids, careful though, since too many could have an effect you may not want or too less and you'd literally just have people constipated in trying to summon this drizzle of rain!

If you want to add in the idea of sacrificial regents, then that would be an optional step 1.5 and how they will affect your specific summoning.

There really isn't nothing else.

No PVP.

No major floods of disaster.

Maybe a fire out of control if a thunderbolt leaks from somewhere within your rain summoning.

The amount of people and location could be a factor.

If it doesn't work at first, Aspects don't like it!

If it does work and it does get out of control, Aspects will be mad! Maybe they take the power away for a bit and say no to their followers!

I would make this cohesive in writing to make it look like actual lore, but at this point im sure people are sick and tired of walls of text on how people can't read or just answers to repeated questions.

At the same time, you can't expect someone to talk **** to the LT and get lore accepted, can you? Pick a cooler, more level headed person if you really want the LT to consider this.

Thread locked until LM verdict.

This lore has been Denied

- Precedents don't count, especially if there's not been any lore for it. Controlling weather has never been in any druid guide.
- It's not established that druids communion extends beyond animal and plant control/change. The only spell that doesn't influence a living being directly is blight healing, and even that could be seen as plant healing in some way. The argument that weather is part of nature is pure nonsense; soil and rivers are part of nature and are necessary to life, but it would be ridiculous for Druids to control those.
- Your attitude is and has been piss-poor. This does matter.
- Druidism is already is a very versatile and rich magic. It has a plethora of abilities, and there is no need for more.

- Shamanism can already manipulate the weather in this exact manner.