[✓] [Necrolyte Revision] Lingering Shadows

Zarsies

[[Overview / TL;DR: This revision affects three of the four distinctions of Necrolytes: ghouls, gravens, and ghosts because liches do not fall under this policy. These three SoBs (state of being) no longer permakill on death and each reform under normal server rules. The point of this is so that intricate characters -- even though undead -- are not lost automatically after dying in a conflict and now rely on the player to decide when to permakill. It is still a responsibility of players to keep up the maturity regarding permadeath and should not be diving into conflict to only revive over and over like a poor bandit, Deadpool, or relentless zombie. The three G's may regenerate after an IRL day or longer, depending on their preference, however it should fall under the IC perspective that it has taken a month (referring to the LotC date system: there are 7 months, accounting for the 7 days in a week).]]

Death is traumatic. Nothing slips through its calloused grip without some form of repercussion; from Wraiths, Wights, and Harbingers down to Ghouls, Gravens, and Ghosts, all of these wretched beings are cursed by the shackles of undeath. Their abhorrences to aurum, the addling of ailing minds, and the perpetual wallowing within godly categorization of unholy and tainted bring them constant pain. There is no rest for fiends, condemned by likeness and personality voided. No matter their mockery of peace, mimicking serenity, they stir within. However, doomed as they are for chaos and suffering, they hold a singular gift; lingering. Soul shadows are the product of Lesser and Superior Souls, diluted clones of their past selves which take on new, unique forms after their previous. Soul shadows mark the likeness of many, including Ghouls, Gravens, and Ghosts. As per their state, they needn't worry over cooking a meal or how much water is left in their canteens, rather they rely on other sources. Thus, the ultimate tax comes as a different threat to the undead; it threatens them in the moment.

Where a Ghoul may be struck down after attempting a frenzy, it may find itself waking and walking within a matter of months. Its corpse may passively regenerate to its usual, degraded self out of a strange parasite effect that comes when fallen. Ghouls may, although it is not certain and always, draw out the life around their bodies wherever dumped or burned or annihilated and can come crawling back, ravenous as ever to sate its voracious appetite. The ectoplasm of a Ghost or Graven may too regenerate, allowing them to remanifest after being cast off in a wild or unseen area. Their forms may congeal and reform with time, also requiring a month or longer to do so for their bank of ectoplasm to fully return to them. Their minds remain struck by death and cannot recall what led to their death nor a time beforehand.

+1 yesssss

I rotting aagree on thiss 

It would allow for a rather.. Ghoulish character development. Nyeh nyeh nyeh.

+1

But does this mean ghouls will now have to wait 24 hours instead of 6?

Yeah, sure. Makes sense for ghosts to haunt **** and linger.

I support this, it will prevent people from permakilling every necrolyte they see. 

I have to agree on this, it makes too much sense.

I've been wanting to start doing things with necrolytes for some mini non-ET event things. I was worried I'd have to submit a CA every time one of those mini-events was over and my ghoul was dead. For less paperwork, I support!