The Aegean Academy

Tegrof

We are trying to make it so that a degree from our school is required in a lot of professions. I don't understand why it doesn't make sense that your character would go back to school, because no nation has any established schools. This would mean your character would not have received any real formal education. This is more of a college then a high school, with classes you can chose from. We are trying to spread learning and education throughout Aegis, to teach people valuable in game skills, and in some classes, to just have a little fun.

i am a fairly good electrition i do not wish to teach but i could set up examples in Laurelin. But honestly guys i wouldnt do much new map is probably gonna start soon

MC name Vinnyvedivici

((In-game name:)) Lord Lucius Murmillo

((IRL age)): 25

Who are you?: I am Lord Lucius Murmillo, one of the founding members o' the wonderful city o' Aeriel and current Mast'r o' House. I am a 64 year old Cavern Dwarf and the Patriarch of House Murmillo. I am one of the overall planners fer our city and orginized the governmental system with the input of Lord Anamius and Hawthorne. With the help o' our citizens we have rapidly built our city and look forword ta welcoming the Acadmey and assisting in the construction.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: I would like ta be a professor o' Architecture and Interior Design. I feel that both courses are interrelated and as a result ye ought ta be proficent in yer ability ta think about interior space when yer designin' any buildin' and in the same way consider the building's exterior and even its surroundings when ye begin ta decorate inside. By teachin' both o' these subjects students will 'ave a better grasp of building techniques and proper use of materials that will flow throughout their creations.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: Through a series of events in my early life I was fortunate enough ta study in several libraries throughout Aegis, in fact some o' my fondest memories came from my time studing at Cloud Temple. I learned about the lore of our land, the early histories and the basic foundations o' the races. Through this understanding I began ta appriciate the distinct buildin styles o' each race, and fell in love with the art of designing dimesionally. Unfortunatly, family tragedy forced me ta end my studies abrod and return home. When the Craig swollowed outter Kal Urguan I lead House Murmillo inta the wilds and established new lands fer us. I was responsible fer the design and buildings within and as our House began ta be established more and more people began ta come and ask ta join what would become the City o' Aeriel. By treatin' all citizens with respect an fairness we 'ave achieved sucess and growth that I had never envisioned. Through this expierence I have learned to go beyond what I can build alone, but to utilize other's strengths and acomplish much more buildin' in a much faster timeframe than I could individually compleate. I have built on a small and grand scale, envisioned and obtained what I once thought was impossible, and would like ta impart some o' my knowledge and expierences ta others intrested in creating visually striking spaces and stunning exteriors.

At the end of my class students should feel confortable using multiple materials together, understand ratios and symmetry, and the know how ta make the basic architectural shapes including arches and domes. They will be able ta use landscape to accent their buildin's-or incorporate inta the buildin's. They should also 'ave an understandin' o' perception, depth, texture, and how the interplay of the key elements of design are worked inta everythin' they do.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? I am a staunch supporter o' The Aegean Academy and I think it is a unique concept that has the potential fer greatness! I would like ta see this come ta fruitation and am willing ta put my resources inta helpin it succeed.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: I should be able ta provide workers ta help with the construction, as well as a general outlay o' the grounds and landscape. With yer approval I would like ta create a set of general rules- or building codes if ye may ((ceiling and building heights, material use, ect))- that would keep uniformity throughout th' campus while allowing fer individual expression and variance of the respective architects and builders.

i am a fairly good electrition i do not wish to teach but i could set up examples in Laurelin. But honestly guys i wouldnt do much new map is probably gonna start soon

((sorry for the double post, but the new map IF there will be a new map will not be until 1.9 has been released so there will be plenty of time - acording to Shiftnative at least 2 months. Thus it would be prudent to continue as if nothing were changing because at the moment nothing will and if/when there is a new map it will be implimented in a manor that will not be detrimental to those with creations in the old. In fact, it seems now is the time to build, to try and test what you can do so when/if we get a new world we can build improved versions of what is already created- but now with personal feedback of what was sucessful and what wasn't))

God, that was lots to read up on.

@zyn, I agree that we shall start small, with basic classes. But in the end, if this gets as big as it could, we can have courses in each of all those subjects. But I totally agree that we shall have those "new player" courses.

As vonebs is saying, I believe courses will include lots of field trips.

I will try to use the wiki page to describe each course, since using the foray post will make it even longer.

At the moment I will need an "in-game" headmaster that deals with talking to contacts (venividivicifor example, about the academy being placed I'm Aeriel) and to start planning the building. I got quite limited in game time until the weekend so any help would be great. Add me at Skype and we can talk more closely if you ate interested: possut974

Name: VonEbs

((In-game name:)) Ebs

((IRL age)): 15

Who are you?: I am a high elf, born in the wilderness of Aegis, on my family's estate. I was taught to read by my father, who had been a history professor in Laurelin before he retired to live a peaceful life. I trained with the Axe and Bow, learning the ways of the warrior and the scholar. I took up farming as a child as a hobby, and now I am proudly a master farmerI now live in Laurelin, tending my fields, and working on the library in the Mother tree. I have lived many lives, the one of a farmer, of a warrior, of a Knight, and now I want to use my experiences to help others live full lives like mine was by giving them an education.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: Well, I am the Botany and Military history teacher at the Academy, because I have been with the project since the beginning, but I am just posting my application here to make it official.

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: I have farmed all my life, meaning I am very qualified to teach Botany. As a soldier, I learned a lot about tactics from watching the battle, and I have also been involved in many of the battles with the undead, making me a good Military history teacher. I also want to follow in father's footsteps as a history teacher.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? As I said, I have been with this since the beginning. It has come a long way, and I am proud to have been part of that. Buy, there is still a long way to go, and a lot of ground to cover. We need to build the school, make it efficient, and to get more people interested. We need to set up a curriculum and set up courses.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: I could be a Co-Headmaster, I am very good with logistics and am able to talk with people and make decisions. I could also in charge of Curriculum, or if you need anything else just ask me, and I will gladly fill that role.

Hah! New app!

Again, I will be an "evil" teacher who cracks down on punishments big time, due to his upbringing...

Name: Ben Henry Fawkes (( IRL Joseph Harris ))

((In-game name:)) (( NiNjAxR3M1Xx ))

((IRL age)): (( 15 ))

Who are you?:

Well, I am many things.

Many used to call me... insane. That is not true. I am rather more philosophical, and like to make up poems, that deal with such issues. For example;

The Chicken and the Egg

What was the chicken before the egg?

Well, 'twas it an egg, destined to be like the others?

Or was it more, a design of Iblees to spy on all?

Maybe a misshaped ball.

Who knows? Only God.

But liken this one to a pod.

Is it similar? I hope so,

For I am not an average Joe.

I am Fawkes, strong and mighty!

And I like chickens, and hard boiled eggs...

(( Purposely set out so; I am actually insane IC, but only Paranoia, and Split Persona's :P ))

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: Arts and Drama Professor, and Co- Headmaster? You decide... I also believe, due to a past occupation, that anything medicinal could fall under me, instead.

If you was to consider me for Co- Headmaster, here is what I would be able to do for you...

Punishments; Old military discipline dies hard. Respect must be earned, they say, but nothing earns respect more than fear of punishment. This would range from physical labour, to maybe cleaning rubbish from classrooms, or unclogging toilets (( More emotes than anything ))

If a failure to comply with any rules- or disrespect to staff- occurs, then more severe, painful punishments will be placed in effect. This will range from a cane to the flat of a shovel. You have been warned, wrong doers...

Order; Order must be kept in colleges like this- a nice smattering of restrictions like:

No ball games;

No shirking classes. You have a time-table for a reason, so stick to it or get out!

No lurking round the gates. This means that this area is off limits to non staff, or prefects ( More on that later )

You must comply with these rules, or the next rule apply's.

Failure to comply results in a punishment, listed above.

Things like racism, or other deplorable acts means you are not worthy to study here. Find another college- Oh wait, there isn't... too bad.

If you are found worshipping Iblees, incredible steps will be taken, resulting in your DEATH!

Prefects; A student run body which patrols when teachers are not online, or available. Prefects must prove that they deserve it, and are self- governed, with the final decision falling to the teachers. It is our school, after all...

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: Well, 'tis not the past experiences that count, but the skill in which the present is delivered. However, this seems vital, so I'll go into some detail...

But first, I will clarify what that means...

Experience is all about what you have done. But many have not done much.

This means that those looking for "experience" automatically discriminate against those who are maybe unable to do things notable due to prejudice, or pre judgement. I feel that all should prove themselves, but not in ways maybe unobtainable for them. That is all on this subject; now onto my personal experience!

I used to be a healer in Laurelin. I was sick, however, in the mind from one named Mayctor's lies. After a time, I cleared my head, and I hoped to reclaim my position. But then, I came across this notice, and remembered my tendency to tangent about things, like philosophy.

And so, I aim to help a fellow drow in furthering the education of the masses. I believe that the skills taught here may go on to become useful in the fight against Iblees...

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy?

I believe that, for such a new concept, it is fantastic. Many will benefit from the education here, and it will help in furthering the fight, the good fight. Against the Undead and their slaves.

(( It also looks a pretty cool concept so far, and I approve :D ))

What can you help out with besides being a professor?:

I cannot fight well, due to my advanced age, but I can offer a standard of teaching like no other. I also excel at punishment and discipline, something that many lack...

(( I am also on almost constantly, and I am currently doing my Year 11 GCSE's, and figured this'd be ironic. I also owned the first guild, created some good lore for that and now, I am simply an old elf who is a little cranky, and insane from his ordeals. Insanity will never reveal itself to the school- I'll keep 'em separate for you :P ))

Edited

Name: Barador

((In-game name:)) benny508

((IRL age)): 16

Who are you?: I am an aging man in his 50's who has lived through many wars throughout Aegis and has witnessed the Undead rising. I have a great knowledge of the Human History as I have lived through alot of it myself. I have had many jobs and I have alot of experience which would make me perfect for the role of Human History teacher. I started out as an Oren Guard and during this job I learned about The Law , Kings and Queens as we protected them and I learned about alot of the battles since I was at them myself and survived to tell the tale. I then became a Detective and learned alot more about the Law and Infamous people.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: Teacher , Human History

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: I have lived through alot of events myself and I used to study at the library about Human History all the time so I know lots about it! I was also in the Oren Guard and I learned alot about the kings and queens of Oren so that information would be extreamly helpful to the Human History Course and I also know lots about the main battles in Oren as I fought in many of them myself and I lived to tell the tale!

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? It seems like a great place of learning that will enhance our future generation's education. (( Seems like a new and different concept and it sounds amazing! ))

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: Besides being a history teached I am willing to help with Diplomacy since I was an Oren Diplomat for a period of time in my life and I could also help with the actual organization of the school as I am a very organised person , so I would be more than happy to also aid with the construction and planning of parts of the school. I am also able to help out with security around the school and maintaining control and order so if you want , while I shall teach history I can also start up some school security to mainain control and order within the school grounds and that would be very beneficial for the school.

If you would like me to inform you of these experiences , so that you know how well informed of the Human History I am please , just ask

(( Also PM me in game , or out of game if I am accepted and you can show me to the school and I will get started doing whatever I can to make sure then when the school starts it will be great! ))

Ummmm.... Fawkes the Academy is not a military school. We aren't trying to oppress our students, just to teach them skills. Our aim isn't to scare people out of the school.

Ummmm.... Fawkes the Academy is not a military school. We aren't trying to oppress our students, just to teach them skills. Our aim isn't to scare people out of the school.

I kind of like his idea of being a harsh teacher for the sake for RP. But if we are to let you be a teacher like that, you can't go too nuts and make students hate you and leave.

May I ask what road do I take to reach to the school ?

May I ask what road do I take to reach to the school ?

The school is not built yet.

Aye , when you start building if you need an extra worker tell me , I'm more than happy to come along and help :)