The Aegean Academy

Tegrof

Well, 'tis not the past experiences that count, but the skill in which the present is delivered. However, this seems vital, so I'll go into some detail...

I can agree to an extent here, but past experiences makes who you are today.

I will revise your application, but right now, it looks splendid. What can you say about you being a co-headmaster? What can you bring to the table that is specific to that position. As it is such an important position I must ask further to ensure there is a good leadership and order to the academy.

Name: Barador

((In-game name:)) benny508

((IRL age)): 16

Who are you?: I am an aging man in his 50's who has lived through many wars throughout Aegis and has witnessed the Undead rising. I have a great knowledge of the Human History as I have lived through alot of it myself.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: Teacher , Human History

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?: I have lived through alot of events myself and I used to study at the library about Human History all the time so I know lots about it!

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? It seems like a great place of learning that will enhance our future generation's education. (( Seems like a new and different concept and it sounds amazing! ))

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: Besides being a history teached I am willing to help with Diplomacy since I was an Oren Diplomat for a period of time in my life and I could also help with the actual organization of the school as I am a very organised person , so I would be more than happy to also aid with the construction and planning of parts of the school.

If you would like me to inform you of these experiences , so that you know how well informed of the Human History I am please , just ask.

I think this is a great idea. My home is right next to Aeriel and if this project continues, I will gladly enroll as a student. My best wishes go to the founders and staff.

In response to Freya, I do believe there should be classes regarding swordsmanship. However, it is possible to have too many.. sub-courses, if you will. Perhaps some of those should be grouped together. Great work on that list overall!

Name: Puc

((in game name:)) hullabaloony

((IRL age:)) 16

who are you?: I am quite a young elf skilled in the way of building. I have squandered my immortality as an elf for years without a goal so it would be nice to have something to work towards and that something would be watching such an amazing and inspired idea flourish and grow into something for the community and being a part of that would be nice.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: an architect

What are your past experiences that could strengthen your chance to get the position?: I have helped build the majority of a guild for the I.A. and I have had loads of experience building houses, lots of different types.

What are your thoughts on the Aegean academy?: I think it is a wonderful idea and would like to see how this would turn out

What can you help out with besides being a professor?: I could also collect lots of recourses for you (of course I would need pay but I shall sell them to you for less than half price as I really like your idea)

Everyone,

These are brilliant ideas.

In the beginning it was Freya, Wolfie, Sting and I discussing ideas in the Ideas and Lore section. All brilliant stuff but it was just what it was posted in, An idea. Now it has spiraled into some enormous beast. What we all need to realize is that what we were discussing originally is the full potential of the idea and not the path to get there.

What you need now is a path to get to fully realizing the academy. You don't need 60 different courses or 600 blocks of land. You need one classroom, anywhere between 3-7 courses and dedicated staff willing to help people learn. You start small and build your way up. Prove results, present a strong sense of leadership and structure and give new players the means to succeed. On from there we can approach Kingdom leaders requesting plots of land, large enough to accommodate the number of classes and students we wish to possess.

The initial classes should do two things, introduce players to the common mechanics of LOTC in both /commands and RP mechanics as well as create a fun forgiving RP experience.

When Wolfie offered me the position of High Merchant my planned curriculum entailed proper trading schemes using economic principles in an RP fashion, and ooc /shop commands ie. /shop find item. Fairly simply to get through but vastly helpful to new players. Simply because many new players buy over priced items because they don't know how to shop around.

Here is a list of classes I believe should be a part of the starting curriculum:

1. Criminal Law: A course that will discuss in details the laws of Aegis, such as anti-griefing, Villainous acts and restrictions, RPing a kill, Metagaming, etc.

Purpose: Keep players from staying off the ban list 3 days after they get accepted to the server.

Teaching Reqs: None, just someone with a clean record.

2. History: A course that details the lore of Aegis to its students for a better understanding of the world around them.

Purpose: Increasing immersion.

Teaching Reqs: Scholars, and forum lurkers.

3. Drama: A course where students act out plays, maybe performing at the Laurelin Theater.

Purpose: Give students first hand knowledge of period phrases and speech to help them become better roleplayers.

Teaching Reqs: A good roleplayer.

4. Health and Development: A course outlining the skill system in an RP manner detailing how a player can get started and plan for their future, curriculum can be improved with the hunger system as well.

Purpose: Getting rid of the "Why can't I punch the tree?" question.

Teaching Reqs: None

5. Economics: A course outlining trade commands and markets.

Purpose: Stop new players from getting scammed out of their money

Teaching Reqs: None

6. Hunting: Basic course outlining hot to kill the assorted mobs of Aegis.

Purpose: Give new players a source of minas and the knowledge to run from pigmen for the ime being.

Teaching Reqs: a combat focused player.

All pretty basic but a good start. One classroom with 4 desks and 6 teachers cycling in and out is all that is really needed. If we can reduce the ban activity on new players and improve the general RP experience, I'm sure leaders will be more willing to allot land to the Academy.

Diplomas: Simply a book with an Id number and a students name detailing what course they have completed for RP purposes which can later be added with additional credentials when they say: complete Lumberjacking class once the course is added.

We need a solid foundation before we grow.

Name:Jon Evaglno

((In-game name:)) Jon021

((IRL age)):15 ((a tad young, but I'm told I'm more mature than most 15 year olds. Just throwing that out there))

Who are you?: I am the owner of the Laurelin Theatre. I was the captain of the Alstion Guard. I doubt any folk have heard anything about me.

Which job and subject/s are you applying for?: Acting Teacher

What are your past experiences that can strengthen your chance to get the position?:For one, I can recognize a good actor when I see one. I travelled the lands of aegis performing before I began the Laurelin Theatre project. Other than that, I can deal with people well.

What are your thoughts on The Aegean Academy? I have supported it from the start, and will continue to support it.

What can you help out with besides being a professor?:I doubt very much, but I may be able to assist with the actual construction of the campus, if need be.

Everyone,

These are brilliant ideas.

In the beginning it was Freya, Wolfie, Sting and I discussing ideas in the Ideas and Lore section. All brilliant stuff but it was just what it was posted in, An idea. Now it has spiraled into some enormous beast. What we all need to realize is that what we were discussing originally is the full potential of the idea and not the path to get there.

What you need now is a path to get to fully realizing the academy. You don't need 60 different courses or 600 blocks of land. You need one classroom, anywhere between 3-7 courses and dedicated staff willing to help people learn. You start small and build your way up. Prove results, present a strong sense of leadership and structure and give new players the means to succeed. On from there we can approach Kingdom leaders requesting plots of land, large enough to accommodate the number of classes and students we wish to possess.

The initial classes should do two things, introduce players to the common mechanics of LOTC in both /commands and RP mechanics as well as create a fun forgiving RP experience.

When Wolfie offered me the position of High Merchant my planned curriculum entailed proper trading schemes using economic principles in an RP fashion, and ooc /shop commands ie. /shop find item. Fairly simply to get through but vastly helpful to new players. Simply because many new players buy over priced items because they don't know how to shop around...

...If we can reduce the ban activity on new players and improve the general RP experience, I'm sure leaders will be more willing to allot land to the Academy.

Diplomas: Simply a book with an Id number and a students name detailing what course they have completed for RP purposes which can later be added with additional credentials when they say: complete Lumberjacking class once the course is added.

We need a solid foundation before we grow.

I agree with this. We need to start kind of small and work our way up. There should be like 10 classes to start with, and we need to work out set course paths, for at least the first couple of weeks. The courses we should definitely start with are:

Drama

Architecture

Engineering

Economics

Diplomacy

Military History/ Tactics

Botany

Survival Skills

Aegean History (focusing on culture more than war)

Archaeology

Management Course

Some to consider:

Cooking

Blacksmithing

Healing

Combat training

We should cut it off at their for now, just until we get on out feet.

Drama - Covered in Drama

Architecture - Add to History class with building codes for cities, too difficult to show in classroom.

Engineering - Remove, too difficult to show in a classroom

Economics - Covered in Economics

Diplomacy - Add to history, teach them ranks and who the leaders are. Or Drama class in RPing convos with diplomats.

Military History/ Tactics - History

Botany - Remove

Survival Skills - Hunting class

Aegean History (focusing on culture more than war) - History class

Archaeology - Remove

Management Course - Remove

Some to consider:

Cooking - Health and Development

Blacksmithing - Health and Development

Healing - Remove

Combat training - Hunting class.

Classes need to be kept small and broad, we are teaching new players how to play for now.

Down the road we can offer cooking degrees or blacksmithing degrees to show potential employers how qualified they are.

Just out of curiosity, would engineering class involve redstone, or would it be more or less architecture class?

Engineering would definitely be redstone heavy, hopefully we could get an expert who can do all kinds of cool stuff and teach it to you.

Also, this is not necessarily only about teaching people the basics of playing on the server. It should also be about having fun/ interesting courses, because people don't want to spend their playing time just doing boring school busy work. Some notes on the classes you want to remove.

Architecture would involve a lot of field trips, as well as people trying to design their own structures based on the races architecture. This would be a art elective for people who don't want to take drama. Engineering is crucial, because that is actually a skill people want to use, but it is hard to find training. I would consider Botany and Engineering as Science classes, with Botany also leveling your farming skill. The history classes should be separated because some people simply aren't interested in the wars or tactics, and others couldn't care less about Aegis's cultural history. Management and Economics are kind of like a math class, but teach useful skills that people can use in their professions. Survival Skills and hunting are pretty much the same, and Archaeology, Diplomacy, and other related classes would simply be electives, for people to enjoy.

This is a great idea! 10 year old Bone will try to attend this school.

could it be possible to send people who just joined this server into the academy? it doesn't make much sense for a person who has been around, seen the land and go back to school.