[✓] [Addition to Atronach Forging] Telekinetic and Projection

GDPR 014

Telekinetic Atronach

N35vtwEBOke87bHCUlM7_l2e5v6zPpiFRpVoq4gC3pGcQ_BCMcG0Vkywk2AOMTF2NRbJEggV9AovjDfh1ibLrDkXBWhqEZ9qXkOOdcEJxp3blQxPhJufDWlXXsTwhVA3lr3BuPl7

Description:

While its brothers and sisters are crafted by the elements and conjuration, a new approach was taken- wishing for more physical ability over ranged prowess. From research, the Telekinetic variant Atronach is born-- an atronach to surpass all standard atronachs physically, able to possess the strength of a peak condition orcish warrior to dominate the melee battlefield; ranged and projectiles still remain in their arsenal, however it is limited. With its boons come weaknesses, the Atronach will still fall prey to wards and fi magic, as well as fall threat to their plates being damaged and destroyed… yet with an odd twist; their cores pose as their hearts, should it be destroyed, the Atronach will shut down, to be repaired later.

Its being imbued with a mass of magical energy; yet its form seemseeminglyies on the conjuration aspect, but more so on the alteration with an atronach's cognitive and physical function. Because of this, the Atronach may draw from its own being to grasp at the earth before it, and due to closeness of the body, the energy required to move and utilize its functions are incredibly minimal if not nonexistent (think of it akin to a telekinetic limb).

Appearance:

A Telekinesis Atronach can appear to be many things, ranging from a suit of armor to an odd animal like shape. So long as the enchanted plates and core are properly imbued and within their respective locations, the being will come to life. Should one look within the metal or simply see gap, said person would find the areas seemingly empty- save for faint ribbons of arcane energy coursing within; most notably, these ribbons appear to mass about the facial region, crafting what appears to be eyes. Much like their brothers, these Atronachs can only reach 7 feet in both axises, and as stated previously, keep their enchanted plate.

Examples:

WA-kti42zjiAVMZ9WPruWv4esVZYXYKqpxm2vv7Szf8Ip5lBj2QRqDNOP-qWuJGiGj87ip_M5gtMZQgxbD60koWAt1UGAHWCfS4u_6A6fdS5u9hjgz-0MnjMjf5KuwGzPPqH6eJS

iSCBUBMTAmAIvvAJ6mqQa2nXzeIRQsr4N2GDdoLoG8LkobymKx6rc2EZhbTQjiCXzS4KWz_5-Kmrkxz4zWEX2Fg4O2cBhnlxLTAsy7yqTdMCdjXaQvLc2sxstICUQW0wJRaopqfc

Abilities:

The Atronach possesses great abilities similar to its kin, able to issue magic and use physical power; however the power of the atronach is tilted, shifted and turned to have physical capability overpower its arcanic abilities- being physically strong as an orcish warrior now. Due to the tilt, the arcanic power is weakened; the atronach has difficulty with issuing its telekinetic change on the area about it, limiting its reach to six meters (six blocks) and even then, the Atronach is unable to lift great weight within its field of change, seemingly only able to rip larger chunks of rock in comparison to boulder lifting telekinetics.  

On Upgrades:

Physical upgrades prove ineffective to these beings, the imbued telekinetic energies seemingly ignoring the upgrade and treating it like it was already a part of its being. Magical prowess cannot be upgraded; however the potential of upgrading mental capacity is possible, allowing them to process faster.

On Damage to the plates:

Severe damage to the plating will cause the same issue other atronachs have- bleeding out their element and slowly draining them of their fuel. Yet, the telekinetic power seemingly becomes more unbound yet detrimental; being able to increase their range and lifting capacity in the severly damaged or destroyed area at the heavy price of diminishing their fuel. There are times when a telekinetic atronach can attempt to place their destroyed plate or pieces of it back where it was, acting as a pseudo repair, yet minimizing the effectiveness of said area - making the plate useless.

Pros and Cons:

+New form of Atronach

+Able to use limited telekinesis

+ Physically stronger than a standard atronach

• The telekinesis is limited, only able to possess the strength of standard telekinetic

• The range of these atronachs are within its field of effect, being a six block radius.

• Do not cast faster than a telekinetic.

• Unable to have further upgrades for its physical strength.

Redlines:

Must adhere to Atronach Redlines

Field of change will be six blocks standard, seven or eight if plates are heavily damaged.

Should a plate be heavily damaged or destroyed, the bleed out effect must be RPd

These Atronachs cannot be upgraded to have better physical strength.

An Atronach cannot surpass an average or adept Telekinetic

Credits:

The Messiah Jax and Toodles for being memes and urging me to write lore for Telekinetic Atronachs

Merrymoogle for suggesting the 'Projection' idea

Whatever is in this spoiler is considered noncannon.

Projection

By creating a certain enchanted device, one can link it with an Atronach. By doing this, the master is able to take control of the Atronach- see what it sees and maneuver its body. This proves useful for a variety of reasons: It allows one to be safe from harm’s way as the Atronach takes the damage, scouting is easier, and travel towards a terian ever unsafe for mortals is plausible through the Atronach. By using projection, one must keep in mind a few things: Illusions will now work on the Atronach, as it is the master’s mind now interpreting or helping interpret for the Atronach, one is unable to cast their own arcanic abilities through the atronach, and must rely on the Atronach’s ability; should the connection be severed by wards, damage, or fi- the connection is severed, and will likely heavily disorient the user, finally the user can only take control of one Atronach at a time.

On the connection’s severance:

Should the Connection be severed or destroyed, it will temporarily frazzle the user’s mind and make them forget the occurrence leading up to the Atronach’s demise, as well as put them out of commision for 20-30 minutes (effectively as long as the death timer is to revisit an area you previously died in). Should the connection be severed earlier, the user’s mind will succumb to a powerful headache, and put them out of commision for 10-15 minutes.

Creating the device:

This device and its creation is kept in secrecy, though it is to be said that the device requires enchanting, knowledge of mental magic, and cognatism. (I won’t divulge on the entire process, much like the creation of Drone, Goliath, and Telekinetic Atronachs; they are to be learned.)

Pros and Cons:

+Allows for an Atronach Forger, or the Atronach master to play their own Atronach

+Allows a new dynamic, and provides the user with some safety.

User is limited to the Atronach’s abilities.

User is effected by illusions.

Death memory rule applies.

The connection can be warded, destroyed, or Fi’d.

Unable to control more than one Atronach

User is unable to do anything while controlling the Atronach.

Redlines for Projection:

No Death Memory.

Must follow Atronach rules.

Player can only control one Atronach at a time.

Player must make an MA for the Atronach and state that they are using the connection device.\

If you suicide bomb, your character will be put out of commision for a week IRL (Sorry, none of this Arcane Puppetry suicide bombing crap)

Credits:

The Messiah Jax and Toodles for being memes and urging me to write lore for Telekinetic Atronachs

Merrymoogle for suggesting the 'Projection' idea

Very niiiice very niiiice 

I like the new Atronach idea though my concern is the nod to arcane puppetry. Being the "Projection". I believe this shouldn't be added.

The way it's worded or stated should make the mage incapable of performing this, though lets say it isn't impossible it isn't required for this lore and should make it's own lore post with an extensive information regarding it. It isn't just a simple spell...

You're placing yourself in the mind of the Atronach and able to only use the feats of the atronach themselves which seems in a little sense out of place... I recommend more detail be done throughout fleshing this out though as of now just remove it. 

It doesn't have a place in this current lore with the little information currently present. 

6 minutes ago, Evocress said:

I like the new Atronach idea though my concern is the nod to arcane puppetry. Being the "Projection". I believe this shouldn't be added.

The way it's worded or stated should make the mage incapable of performing this, though lets say it isn't impossible it isn't required for this lore and should make it's own lore post with an extensive information regarding it. It isn't just a simple spell...

You're placing yourself in the mind of the Atronach and able to only use the feats of the atronach themselves which seems in a little sense out of place... I recommend more detail be done throughout fleshing this out though as of now just remove it. 

It doesn't have a place in this current lore with the little information currently present. 

There's no 'nod' to arcane puppetry. In fact, as far as I'm aware, this was carefully crafted to avoid the glaring and prevalent issues with puppetry and the powergaming that's occurred with it in the past.

To place yourself in the 'mind of an atronach' isn't a difficult feat. They're artificial. They have rather base functions. While it is said they develop a degree of free will, that is all within the relatively narrow context of their mental capabilities and how their """brains""" work isn't difficult to understand and is even a sort of pre-requisite to the higher tiers of atronach creation.

This ability is limited entirely to telekinesis-made atronachs and is moreso a linking of the physical and mental through the willpower of the telekinetic and is by no means a stretch of the possibilities of telekinesis and atronachs.

It doesn't state in lore that it isn't just for Telekinetic made Atronachs you can enter the mind of through extensive studying done but all atronachs as it doesn't clearly state such. 

As with that, I do believe that more detail needs to be given as you did state some issues which I had. You say it isn't a clear nod to Arcane Puppetry but that's how I interpreted it as... With you stating that it's only able to be used by one version of an atronach being telekinetic that is also not addressed. Then you continue and go on to explain more factors of it.

More details needs to be done to separate it all, especially if you don't want me reading it as Arcane Puppetry cause with the little information provided that's what I read it as.

42 minutes ago, ArcanicFable said:

On the connection’s severance:

Should the Connection be severed or destroyed, it will temporarily frazzle the user’s mind and make them forget the occurrence leading up to the Atronach’s demise, as well as put them out of commision for 20-30 minutes (effectively as long as the death timer is to revisit an area you previously died in). Should the connection be severed earlier, the user’s mind will succumb to a powerful headache, and put them out of commision for 10-15 minutes.

dumpshock?

I was under the assumption that evocation based  atronachs shoot parts of themselves in place of actually doing magic. How do telekinetic atronachs work?????

1 hour ago, BathRugMan said:

I was under the assumption that evocation based  atronachs shoot parts of themselves in place of actually doing magic. How do telekinetic atronachs work?????

They use their own energy to interact, much like Evocation. Due to most of the interaction being incredibly close to its fuel (the core), it requires minimal energy; however outside the body is its energy pulling on objects and expending it.

I do not not quite understand the addition mostly because the description of consistency required to maintain its form should outweigh its ability to fuel or be fueled. Thus if used in combat with added strain the woven telekinetic spells wouldn't be able to keep hold, no? Also this bridges a large gap between Dreadknights & PaleKnights so while it isn't necessarily bad in that regard it raises the question of why. Why add this addition to a magic that to my knowledge requires no slot? 

As someone who has seen the vast amount of Atronachs, specifically sentinels, that have been employed on the server I am glad to see the redline of no more than 1 controllable atronach but what is stopping the usage of elemental atronachs in this regard? I believe the main reason soul-puppetry was denied was because when you place your character in a disposable body it tends to lead to the habit of only using atronachs which seems to be a rather OP or even powergaming way to play the game. If there are no consequences for going around with bloodless, 7ft tall, fully armored knights then the lore really only is used to benefit a very small minority. I assume you are aware of this but perhaps some clarifications can be made? What happens to the body of the caster while in this projection state? What ability or magic allows them to place their entire mind into an object to control it? Wouldn't there be severe physical and mental consequences WHILE USING this? I imagine that the mind of the mage would quickly begin to degrade due to being semi-detached from their body, right? What is the distance able to be traveled? Wouldn't it become more and more difficult the father away you get?

Also hidden lore is an unhealthy habit and I believe the creation process for the mentioned items should be listed but that is just my opinion. 

Get owned.

1 hour ago, Sir K Andruske said:

I'm thinking of it like rigging into an anthro-droid in Shadowrun or something. There should be some "noise" distance-capping mechanic to prevent people from becoming couch potatoes or something though.

4 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

soul-puppetry

Arcane Puppetry*

In your words. 

4 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

Get owned.

?

Though in serious note, I do agree with what BNK has stated. Hidden lore needs to be made public if you feel someone has metagamed or anything you can always magically blacklist anything.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.