Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HB_

New Fast Travel Information

32 posts in this topic

 

The Fast Travel Update

 

Hello friends,

 

As I’m sure everyone has seen over the past week or so, we have been experimenting and using our new fast travel plugin. I’ve been trying to get as many of the old ones replaced as I can to be ready to move to the new system/s that will be in place. This new plugin not only allows group travel, but allows mounts and animals to be taken through, feels a lot more immersive, and allows us to avoid the whole ‘Vailor state’ of a map.

 

Warp9 Travel Guide

 

The way these new travels work is that, once you enter the region designated to that fast travel, you will be able to be affected by this fast travel. Fast travels are set a time which they will automatically and constantly tick down from. Once that amount of time is reached, all affectable entities within the region will be teleported.

 

In simpler terms:

>walk into fast travel

>wait for timer to be reached

>fast travel

 

Upon entering a fast travel region, this prompt will appear in your chat:

 

8nHP174.png

 

Fare: however many minas you will need to pay to use this fast travel (minas are subtracted from your persona’s pocket, rather than your bank).

Mounted fare: however many minas it will take for a player riding a horse/bear to use this fast travel.

Animal fare: however many minas it will take to transport an animal attached to a lead (note the animal must also be within the fast travel region).

 

You also will be met with this at the top of your screen:

 

r06Qbi4.png

 

This is an indication of how long is left before you are warped. Be warned, as fast travel times tick irrespective of players entering them - this means that the region is constantly counting down, and will automatically warp each time the assigned time has elapsed.

 

Sometimes (usually by boat) you will be warped to what’s known as an intermediary warp. This is sort of like an instance in the whole travel journey, to show off the travel and make it feel like you really are travelling. When in one of these, just wait and you will eventually be warped to your destination. Do not jump/walk away from the instance, don’t do things /sit etc. If you get stuck, please modreq for a mod to come and help you.

 

New Travel Charters

 

Fast travels now come with many new toggleable features, and so, I’ve decided to try and incorporate them into a ‘new’ system so that players may take advantage of them. For a fully upgraded and maximised fast travel, it will cost the same as the previous system, but a more basic one is a lot more manageable.

 

Pricing

 

Cart:

A cart costs 0 minas + 50 per 100 blocks the cart has to travel to reach its destination. You must build your own cart or pay 50 minas for a moderator to copy+paste a basic one in. The total transport time must be a minimum of 1 minute. Intermediary travels are optional, and a travel instance may be created for them. Carts may travel between two settlements of the same faction and on the same island. They will only travel throughout the day.

 

Boat:

A boat costs 500 minas + 25 per 100 blocks it travels to reach its destination. You must build your own boat or pay 150 minas for a moderator to copy+paste a basic one in. The total transport time must be a minimum of 2 minutes. Intermediary travels are required for a boat, and a travel instance will be created for them. Boats may travel between any two docks, and across to other islands. They will travel through the day and night.

 

A settlement may only have 3 of each type of fast travel at any one time (excluding fast travels from spawn).

 

Additional features:

Transportation of mounted players: 250 minas

Transportation of mobs: 250 minas

Transport throughout night: 500 minas

50% total travel time reduction: 1000 minas

Transport of new personas: Your settlement must have one of these filled out and submitted.

 

Fares

Fast travels will cost 1 mina per 100 blocks travelled to use.

Mounted players will pay double the normal fare to travel with their horse.

Animals will cost half the normal fare to be transported by cart.

Animals will cost the normal fare to be transported by boat.


 

Notice

If you have an existing fast travel that operates on the old sign system, please report it to me or another GM to be changed into a new warp9 fast travel.

Any existing fast travels will be automatically considered a ‘fully upgraded one’.

Administrator buy shops and higher mob drops will be implemented soon to begin getting minas back into the economy.

FARES WILL NOT BE ACTIVE UNTIL THESE ARE IMPLEMENTED

 

Everything on here is subject to change, as we are still seeing what works well and what doesn’t.

 

-Harrison

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy do I love this new Fast Travel system c:

<3 Tofuus

 

-x-

Dark Igloo dance yes green celebrate-x-

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HB_ said:

You must build your own boat or pay 150 minas for a moderator to copy+paste a basic one in.

 

3 minutes ago, HB_ said:

You must build your own cart or pay 50 minas for a moderator to copy+paste a basic one in.

Can we have some images of what the mod provided builds will look like?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

 

Can we have some images of what the mod provided builds will look like?

Imagine the smaller ones from spawn/resource island in terms of boats, and a small, 2x3 wagon for a cart.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still don't know why we would purchase a cart for alot of money and then pay to use it? I like the plugin but paying for transport is one of the most fucked up things you can put on the server. The economy is fucked. Yes were getting admin shops and mob drops but do you not think those minas would go better towards player to player transactions rather than a cart? As it stand right now I will have to pay roughly  200 minas to get from the human hub yo say...Karlsburg or Westerlands. We need to be working to get more money into the server rather than funnel it out via these carts which make little sense. Again capitalizing on what others have said on other threads. "Why would I buy a fast travel cart and then charge my citizrns?" We understand this is based off good intentions but this hampers roleplay extremely. It's not our fault the map was made gigantic. Why do we have to pay to go from point A to point B.

This is not something that needs to be placed on this server.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taketheshot said:

Still don't know why we would purchase a cart for alot of money and then pay to use it? I like the plugin but paying for transport is one of the most fucked up things you can put on the server. The economy is fucked. Yes were getting admin shops and mob drops but do you not think those minas would go better towards player to player transactions rather than a cart? As it stand right now I will have to pay roughly  200 minas to get from the human hub yo say...Karlsburg or Westerlands. We need to be working to get more money into the server rather than funnel it out via these carts which make little sense. Again capitalizing on what others have said on other threads. "Why would I buy a fast travel cart and then charge my citizrns?" We understand this is based off good intentions but this hampers roleplay extremely. It's not our fault the map was made gigantic. Why do we have to pay to go from point A to point B.

This is not something that needs to be placed on this server.

If it honestly is that detrimental they will just be removed. We may even give players the ability to control the fare on their carts so that players will actually give the owner of the cart the minas, rather than it going up into thin air. That way it's technically a player to player transaction. The idea behind fares is that fast travels are meant to be a luxury, whereas people are able to freely and easily use them now as if they're nothing. If they don't work out, they will be fixed accordingly or removed, do not fear.

On top of that, this is not a steep price what so ever. Most carts travel a couple hundred blocks at most. I can't see anyone using more than five minas, and the admin shops easily allow you to make 50-100x that in one good session of grinding. Mobs also drop at least 1 mina, so killing five is not that hard to achieve.

As for the whole 'i payed so much why do i pay more.................' argument, I reduced the base costs of each type of travel by 500, so that carts are actually free (when not adding in the distance, which isn't too much).

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HB_ said:

If it honestly is that detrimental they will just be removed. We may even give players the ability to control the fare on their carts so that players will actually give the owner of the cart the minas, rather than it going up into thin air. That way it's technically a player to player transaction. The idea behind fares is that fast travels are meant to be a luxury, whereas people are able to freely and easily use them now as if they're nothing. If they don't work out, they will be fixed accordingly or removed, do not fear.

On top of that, this is not a steep price what so ever. Most carts travel a couple hundred blocks at most. I can't see anyone using more than five minas, and the admin shops easily allow you to make 50-100x that in one good session of grinding. Mobs also drop at least 1 mina, so killing five is not that hard to achieve.

As for the whole 'i payed so much why do i pay more.................' argument, I reduced the base costs of each type of travel by 500, so that carts are actually free (when not adding in the distance, which isn't too much).

But do you not see how this will Hamper travel? People just won't go to other places because they don't want to pay.

The map is too big for a paid FT system. It's not a luxury it's a nessecity.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Taketheshot said:

But do you not see how this will Hamper travel? People just won't go to other places because they don't want to pay.

The map is too big for a paid FT system. It's not a luxury it's a nessecity.

If that proves true, then I will remove it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HB_ said:

If that proves true, then I will remove it. 

Remember roadblocks...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when Salvus had paid tolls for a while in Anthos. People stopped going to Salvus.

352057-295825-1375166510494png-620x.jpg

That being said, if the economy gets reinvigorated a bit, there shouldn't be too much of an issue. I like that it's suggesting to travel places yourself, maybe get some road rp going again, but... let's be honest, some people are too lazy for that.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now