The LoTC Tailor's Guild

Vaynth

The LOTC Tailor’s Guild 3.0
(Temporarily closed)

Image result for word divider transparent

Welcome to the second re-introduction of The Tailor’s Guild! While this project has grown stale a few times now, I still have hope for it’s success in continuously offering new players the lore-friendly skins needed to start off with. Not only are we going to be helping new players in obtaining skins, but we’ll be giving incentive to those that skin on a regular basis by presenting them with their deserved payment of minas. We hope you decide to join us.

The System

Every skin created for the purpose of the Tailor’s Guild is to be submitted into the simple form that is given to the skinners. Afterwards your work must be published on PlanetMinecraft with an appropriate title and the [LoTC] tag in order to receive your payment. Not only does this offer easy access to those searching for skins, but it gives the server publicity. More attention is drawn to our server this way,  and the community receives more applicants. We greatly appreciate those who put in effort at assisting our community to grow. The server has been going strong for over 5 years, and it’s people like you that keep it going.

Details

• Base skins created of the main races with go into the skin archive. Payment for shaded skins of this type are 300 mina. Non-shaded are 75 mina.

• "Outift" bases are simply clothes that don't come with a head- they can be used by anyone. Payment for shaded skins of this type are 100 mina. Non-shaded are 25 mina.

• The ET could always use more creature skins for their events. Payment for shaded skins of this type are 200 mina. Non-shaded are 50 mina.

• Commission skins-- these are skins created per request of a single individual and gifted only to them. Payment is 50 mina.

The Skin Archive and Base Skins

The Skin Archive is a thread created for the convenience of the players. Every base skin created for the use of the new players will be posted there underneath the category of the correct race and sub-race. This makes it much easier for players to find a lore-friendly skin for their specific character’s traits and race. A base skin is defined as a generic skin of one of the six main races in the LOTC realm; Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Khas, and Halfings. These are open for public use, and meant to be used as starter skins for our newly spawned players.

Commission Skins info

As explained above, these are skins created by request of a specific player. Take note that while these skins won’t end up in our skin archive, they will have still have to be published on the site PlanetMinecraft in order to receive payment. This is because one of the main objectives for this project is to bring more attention to the server. In the description of a published commission skin, remember to add [DO NOT USE ON LOTC] so that no one mistakes it for a free to use skin. Keep in mind that all skinners have full rights to every skin they create.

While we recognize the payment for this type isn't worth the time and attention put into creating a custom skin, the creator is permitted to ask for separate payment from the player who requested a skin. The Tailor's Guild is not to be used as a personal commission shop, but posting completed skins on PMC with our tag certainly does help with advertisement.

ET Skins info

There are a ton of unique creatures in the realm of LOTC, and the ET could always use a helping hand in bringing them into existence through well crafted skins. With the creation of the ET Request form which can be found in the Global Staff sub-forum, it’s been made so that Event Team Members can ask for specific and/or high demand creatures to be skinned. Even if there are no requests up at the time, all Tailor’s Guild members are welcome to sift through the Creature Index for ideas.

If you’d like to join, please fill this out and post below the thread:
(Once you have completed the “application”, you will receive an invite to our Discord group)

Minecraft IGN:
Discord Username:
Link to example(s) of past work:

A big thank you goes out to those who contributed in the past endeavors of The Tailor's Guild!

Former threads on this topic:
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/149219-reintroducing-the-tailor%E2%80%99s-guild/
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/145144-the-tailors-guild-of-lotc/?page=1

Thread last updated:
1/8/18

1 minute ago, Данстан said:

Only if you force me.

Do it or I'm forum banning you.

Minecraft IGN: ForeverGinger
Forum Username: See above
Skype Username: Jenja (the one with the Steam Pug art)
Link to examples of past work: I'll do you one better.  This is the ghoul I currently play.

Edited by ForeverGinger

15 minutes ago, Vaynth said:

Do it or I'm forum banning you.

Please don't hit me.

Minecraft IGN: bestscarface76
Forum Username: Данстан
Skype Username: bestscarface76
Link to examples of past work: (You cant have these)

Spoiler

bb71f8d9d3beab8ee3244cedd2c0e43a.png 846f0aad710ca41807d31cfe7335b043.png9801f5f4b7c15706ee99e0c55ba7ec09.png9fb0bb71e3e2771fd1abed2341d28d3f.png1d81aebb3770efa378b1f8bea591eabe.png46f05b17157238750517ca036d235e8d.pngc204d7621bdcf768c27221ec135214e8.png46e34e22af0d5b13761b11b5759014c7.png8d3ac65b8a4d21ba5ff12170e928cf48.png25c34375952645a8cf16111a86117b21.png31099e9dc698a086427d17d96fefa6a4.pnge2db5e57cc8cade00045182f8cecb943.png5a2d718cfff09159a72335ba56dca16c.pngac859bac73884359e9ca7cd689829f7f.png6f2de4679ba857a9dace6d656153ea55.pngccbebd6f3ca9769c1c0327ed235f179e.png06dcfe63f38d24558932c08605c986c8.png

I would be interested in helping out; I'm a long-time Planet Minecraft skinner and contest judge - here's my work. I don't use Skype, though - would there be a way to get around that requirement?

3 minutes ago, LithiumSedai said:

-snip-

I can make an exception. I'll send you a pm to help you get started.

Does anyone know any good YouTube Videos of shading clothing? 

Minecraft IGN: Ducklingator

Forum name: look its right there over the little picture thing why do you even ask

Skype ID: SkittlesAreNice

Examples of my work: http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/10718404/armor-set-complete/ , http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/10693791/ray/ , http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/10559393/paul-winterlight/ (Two of them are ones I made for myself and ended up not using, I'd hope it's okay for me to put them on the website)

Minecraft IGN: WorshipTahmas (Changing back to AnotherDay)
Forum Username: AnotherDay
Skype Username: levitatedpotato
Link to examples of past work: 

4 hours ago, Jaeden said:

-snip-

The commission skin price is the exact same as that of the previous Tailor's Guild and higher than the original one, while the other two prices have been raised. The reason the payment for commissions are low is because not everyone is authorized to use them, and of course this is a staff funded project. Members of the Tailor's Guild are permitted to to hold personal commission shops outside of the guild, and may submit any commission they've made onto PMC for mina simply for advertising the server. Though we advise this is kept to a minimum, as our main purpose is to provide new players with skins. 

There would be nothing to put a discount on, as members are paid by admins rather than players. All skins are completely free for the community.