Aegis and Asulon Were Better Then Nexus

drfate786

Title says it all, lack of plugins VS too many plugins. Get rid of Nexus, get back to the old bare bones of Semi-Vanilla MC with RP enhancing plugins that don't altar craft times. Let's make LoTC Vanilla again and let's build a wall to keep the Devs out!

You have my vote 

> Aegis

> Join date April 2012

hmm

1 hour ago, Sporadic said:

> Aegis

> Join date April 2012

hmm

abcabcabc

People have talked about how Aegis was better then Asulon and so forth. 

I'm sure you remember that Aegis and Asulon both had a skill system which was as prohibitive, if not worse, than Nexus. If you didn't level up your swords skill you couldn't even hit mobs, and axes two shot everyone.

1 hour ago, Salvo said:

I'm sure you remember that Aegis and Asulon both had a skill system which was as prohibitive, if not worse, than Nexus. If you didn't level up your swords skill you couldn't even hit mobs, and axes two shot everyone.

I wasn't around in Aegis, I'm simply stating that a lack of plugins is better then too many plugins. :L

Lack of plugins LMAO 

Between the original skill system that was cancerous and sooooo grindy, A confusing mess of a shop plugin, A fast Travel boat system which I have terrible memories of just randomly breaking and leaving you stuck in a boat etc etc etc.

Lotc today has Imo the same number of plugins just they work 100000x times better. You may not like the functionality of the plugins today and that's whatever but the last thing the server needs is the dark ages of lotc plugins *Shivers* 

While Asulon (and presumably Aegis) had a skill system, I would argue that I by and large preferred that one. At least at the time, it made professions feel meaningful and tied to the RP of one's characters, and when it went, professions pretty much totally left the realm of RP. That being said, I think a big part of that was just because there was so much less stuff in Minecraft five years ago, in terms of number of blocks. But regardless, the system was much simpler, and wasn't overly prohibitive for new players.

We were playing with a modified MCMMO back then, essentially. Good for the time. Nowhere near what we have now. I think this is much better overall, if you overlook the quirks. The only thing I remember really liking is gold weapons doing the most damage but having 32 durability.

Aegis and Asulon weren't better because of their skill systems. We were just a different community back then.