[✗] Half-Olog Lore

Slothtastic

Explanation of Half-Ologs:
The Half-Ologs are notable halfbreeds among the many worlds and realms. However there have been other Half-Ologs which I don’t think were given much credit. Or much lore behind them. So, I decided to make this. I’ve only done the halfbreeds of Orcs, because I know that no other race would breed with an Olog. At least I hope they wouldn’t. 

The Possible Interbreeding and their Outcomes:
orc_boss_enemy_by_babaganoosh99-d95oy3r.
Ulug - Ulugs are Half-Ologs, Half-Uruks much like the Braduks. Ulugs do not have much lore but most assume them to be dumb. However this is not the case. While they are mixed with one of the dumber races, the outcome would be a Ulug that is slow to uptake. They are prone to daydreams and when given a command or order may hesitate because of this. The Ulugs are of less than average intelligence. However they are not dumb. It would not take them till midlife to realize that when they stab themselves it kills them. Ulug range from the heights of 9’5”-11’”. And can weigh up to 600ibs-700ibs. Ulug are difficult to birth if the mother is an Orc, as these babies are not lightweights. The Orc has a chance to die. Ulugs are NOT good commanders or generals, as their poor processing of a situation is not favored. Generally Ulugs are more frontline grunts, being quicker to anger and affected by bloodlust easier than the others. Ulugs are slow physically as well. While not as slow as a Olog, they are not very fast when it comes to movement speed. 

latest?cb=20160111152923
Hobgoblins - as I call them, Hobgoblins are, as you guessed, a mix between a Goblin (father) and an Olog (mother). The opposite would be practically impossible, as the mother would die during the process or during birth. Hobgoblins are also not dumb, as being a mix of a dumb sub race and a smart sub race, they carry the smarts from their father. The Hobgoblins have long, spindly limbs that carry surprising strength without looking like it. They have long pointed noses, jagged chins, and carry longer tusks. The Hobgoblins range in height from 7’1”-8’10”. They can weigh up to 600ibs. Hobgoblins, while they do keep their fathers’ smarts they can be quite lazy when it comes to actually doing the work. Hobgoblins can be found sleeping most of the day only to wake up to great hunger. And with that, comes a boost in energy and will to do things. Hobgoblins are also capable of learning magic. 

TL;DR
Ulugs are Half-Olog Half-Uruk, 9’5”-11’”. They are slow to catch up and process, however are not retarded. Ulugs weigh up to half a ton. Ulugs are easier to anger than other Orcs, and their bloodlust easier to activate. 
Hobgoblins are Half-Olog and Half-Goblin, 7’1”-8’10”, pointed noses and jagged chins with longer tusks. Spindly limbs but are still strong, and are almost as smart as a Goblin. Hobgoblins weigh up to 600ibs. Hobgoblins are lazy as well, sleeping most of the day only to wake up to a great hunger and a boost in energy to find said food. 
Hobgoblins are made from a Goblin (father) and a Olog (mother). The other way around would kill the Goblin during birth or intercourse. 

Edited by Slothtastic

64b8085b91ee28543c8a36b70ae38bd3.png

Ologlings are best race.

Edit: Also ignore the incorrect wiki. Ologs are meant to be 8-10 feet tall so their halfbreed spawn should not be larger.

No, half ologs are bad.

Half ologs would feature the curses and downsides of both of their parents. If a goblin and a olog breed together, you have a fat and stupid olog that is about the height range of 4' to 6'. Yes, they are the same sub race, but they do get the downsides of both races. For goblins, this is there short nature, and for ologs this is their stupidity and weight. 

Half ologs and orcs are just dumb and fat orcs. Enough said.

Don't try to change the lore because you want to try and make an overpowered mix-bred race. Just from the Ulug, that's a war machine and removes all nerfs that the olog had to keep it from being an unkillable beast. 

Edited by L0rdLawyer

ye im not too keen

B0rd, that doesnt count for subtypes of the same species, goblins, ologs and uruks are all orcs, any interbreeding amongst them wouldnt cause any curses since they arent a different descendant race but are rather all ORCS.       +1 

Just now, Periklis02 said:

B0rd, that doesnt count for subtypes of the same species, goblins, ologs and uruks are all orcs, any interbreeding amongst them wouldnt cause any curses since they arent a different descendant race but are rather all ORCS.       +1 

No, this is a poor attempt to remove the nerfs from an olog. This lore is literally just trying to remove every downside of an olog and shrink the ologs down to fit into a orc. And no, it does count for the same race when sub-races breed. If an olog breeds with a orc, the orc offspring is mentally retarded. If the olog breeds with a goblin, the goblin offspring is mentally retarded. And then the size of the child would match the size of the smaller parent. This is sort of how LoTC handles children of different races and sub-races.

1 hour ago, Gladuos said:

Ologlings are best race.

Edit: Also ignore the incorrect wiki. Ologs are meant to be 8-10 feet tall so their halfbreed spawn should not be larger.

Didn’t know that Braduk Orcs are larger than Ologs then. Also how do you know they are supposed to be 8-10ft? If the wiki says so then I follow it. 

Edit: I found it in the wiki they are supposed to be that, but I think it’s widely accepted they’re about 10ft-12ft

20 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

No, this is a poor attempt to remove the nerfs from an olog. This lore is literally just trying to remove every downside of an olog and shrink the ologs down to fit into a orc. And no, it does count for the same race when sub-races breed. If an olog breeds with a orc, the orc offspring is mentally retarded. If the olog breeds with a goblin, the goblin offspring is mentally retarded. And then the size of the child would match the size of the smaller parent. This is sort of how LoTC handles children of different races and sub-races.

So everything mixed with an Olog is retarded? 

- Curses

Like its kin, the Ologs descended from Krug, whom was mutilated and cursed by the Arch-Daemon Iblees. After his fight and defeat against Iblees, his form was burnt by his flame and his skin scarred. This caused his pigment to change green, and develop into different colours in later generations. He was cursed to have tusks emerging from his mouth, and to appear as an abomination; as well, he was cursed with bloodlust, forever seeking carnage and warfare.

This is coming FROM the wiki. No where does it say they are cursed to be stupid. 

Edit: How would a Half-Olog Half-Goblin be stupid? Or rather that small? You mix one of the biggest sub races and one of the smallest and you think they’d still be 4’ to 6’?

Edited by Slothtastic

all orc are retards anyway

Just now, WanderingSpirit said:

all orc are retards anyway

You sir, have offended me. I am triggered. 

What?

Uhm...

Just...

no..

21 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

Didn’t know that Braduk Orcs are larger than Ologs then. Also how do you know they are supposed to be 8-10ft? If the wiki says so then I follow it. Edit: I found it in the wiki they are supposed to be that, but I think it’s widely accepted they’re about 10ft-12ft

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/142972-orcs/

Check under the olog section. Implemented lore on forums are always preferred over wiki, and wiki is often not correct. Which is unfortunate since many new players rely on it for information (which is simultaneously why people consistently go with 10-12ft instead even though it's lore-breaking). I must also say, the weights are extremely ridiculous. Being 2 feet taller than the average race shouldn't equate to being many times heavier. I'd assume uruks to be more like 400 lbs on the high end and ologs at about 600 lb range, but that's just me expecting freely playable races to not be absurd. The halfbreed being half a ton? Is it expected for ologs to be a ton these days? Maybe some more orc size nerfs are in order like in the older days as people consistently over-size themselves with this race.

Just now, Gladuos said:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/142972-orcs/

Check under the olog section. Implemented lore on forums are always preferred over wiki, and wiki is often not correct. Which is unfortunate since many new players rely on it for information (which also simultaneously why people consistently go with 10-12ft instead even though it's lore-breaking). I must also say, the weights are extremely ridiculous. Being 2 feet taller than the average shouldn't equate to being many times heavier. I'd assume uruks to be more like 400 lbs on the high end and ologs at about 600 lb range, but that's just me expecting freely playable races to not be absurd. The halfbreed being half a ton? Is it expected for ologs to be a ton these days? Maybe some more orc size nerfs are in order like in the older days as people consistently over-size themselves with this race.

I admit half a ton is a bit overboard. I shall lower it. But if people are accepted 10ft-12ft Ologs, let them. Uruks are being bigger and weighing a lot more these days as well from what I’ve found.