[Completed][Completed] Yay or Nay to Ascended Magic?

Aladeen

2 hours ago, Zindran said:

Don't bash them, or insult them, simply work with them and give them constructive feedback on how they can fix their behavior and/or magic

Yes, because if a toddler is misbehaving they should be given constructive criticism. If this much drama came out of any other group the axe would've gone down hard years ago. I don't care for the Jallentine drama. He's whatever. He can do him. A large issue is that the Ascended claim to be the agents of the ALMIGHTY ARCH-AENGUL, THE EXARCH OF THE AENGUDAEMON DOMAIN, ABBESS OF THE HIGH HEAVEN etc etc you get it. When you have Ascended X acting all kawaii in New Malinor having a secret love affair with Necromancer_Jack and their daughter is a Shade and Ascended X does not believe in hurting spooks, we got a problem my friend.

56 minutes ago, Heero said:

Yes, because if a toddler is misbehaving they should be given constructive criticism. If this much drama came out of any other group the axe would've gone down hard years ago. I don't care for the Jallentine drama. He's whatever. He can do him. A large issue is that the Ascended claim to be the agents of the ALMIGHTY ARCH-AENGUL, THE EXARCH OF THE AENGUDAEMON DOMAIN, ABBESS OF THE HIGH HEAVEN etc etc you get it. When you have Ascended X acting all kawaii in New Malinor having a secret love affair with Necromancer_Jack and their daughter is a Shade and Ascended X does not believe in hurting spooks, we got a problem my friend.

Okay so, first of all they're not toddlers, they're adults (or some teens I never cared to ask ages so w/e) so that comparison doesn't work. The cliché with Ascended and Necromancers/Shades/etc. is always a thing and in my opinion has been something that I've been against since before and during when I was an Ascended. There's the fine line of trying to redeem a dark creature and getting into a relationship with one, so that problem is one of the larger ones that should indeed be fixed.

39 minutes ago, Zindran said:

Okay so, first of all they're not toddlers, they're adults (or some teens I never cared to ask ages so w/e) so that comparison doesn't work.

Clearly he wasn't literally calling them toddlers, and you misconstruing his statement like that is either disingenuous or dense.

39 minutes ago, Zindran said:

The cliché with Ascended and Necromancers/Shades/etc. is always a thing and in my opinion has been something that I've been against since before and during when I was an Ascended.

This doesn't address any of the points that he made though?

Edited by ChonGojDragonski

3 hours ago, ChonGojDragonski said:

Clearly he wasn't literally calling them toddlers, and you misconstruing his statement like that is either disingenuous or dense.

This doesn't address any of the points that he made though?

Sexual/Romantic relations between an Ascended and a spook gets shut down these days as often as possible. In the past the ideal of 'redemption' has often resulted in newer or more emotional members falling in love with the spook they're trying to cure and vice versa. Which is, you know, roleplay but it's hella complicated to try and moderate. When is it too much? Are they in a romantic relationship secretly? How spooky is too spooky? The Ascended who became a living meme for being in a sexual relationship with a frost witch was removed many months ago.

I'm sorry @Zindran but my statement stands with certainty that the Ascended have received exclusive treatment throughout the years. I made an entire post on the rampant abuse that's been circulating since Aegis. Even within the last few months there was a major incident with Fid and Jallentime over the monopoly opposing any other splinter-groups of Ascended forming, people being connected outside of the main Ascended cliche and under-handed OOC tactics to sleight any opposition. That's pretty gross and needs to stop.

Edit: Outside of the toxicity of the group the **** that's gone on is absurd and needs to stop. The magic certainly deserves to be gassed and I'm hoping 2018 is the year it happens.

The community is crap. Bullies OOCly, not all but a lot, and bullying that even some really toxic groups don't normally even do. Those who aren't just plain bullying definitely aren't adding enough interesting RP to the server. They circlejerk so badly they probably have wrist problems. They are often toxic when they don't get their way. They are often prone to abuse their powers. they are often egotistical. They are unable to take constructive criticism. They make all RP or OOC interactions with the group either, at best, boring, or at worse infuriating.

The magic itself is bland, boring, and has no interesting dynamics. It's also just some confusing lore behind it that I don't even grasp, even though several Ascended have attempted to explain it, and even they admit they don't fully understand it. It's a circlejerk magic, again. Piss off the leader and your magic's gone, even if that doesn't make much sense in RP. Nothing about the magic is original, even on the server itself. It's a zombie magic that should have been put down years ago, actual IRL years ago.

Let me leave everyone reading this with one question. Ignore my ranting above, just answer this: If a magic exists that only seems to benefit the group who uses it, a magic that you can only learn from sucking up to the group's leader, a magic that creates server wide events but then bars anyone who isn't apart of the group from joining -- if that magic exists, should we have it on LoTC? I say no. Remove the Ascended, and don't grandfather in anyone who currently knows it.

under-handed OOC tactics to sleight any opposition.

Oh man, that means that means all nations need to be deleted. 

This is a pretty trash thread ngl. Ascended Magic is fine, the player base itself is up for debate, I'm not going to comment on what I don't know. It's just that this thread is commenting more on the actions of players than actually discussing the magic, y'know, the reason why the thread was made? I wouldn't take anything said in this thread worth a grain of salt.

4 minutes ago, Elrith said:

This is a pretty trash thread ngl. Ascended Magic is fine, the player base itself is up for debate, I'm not going to comment on what I don't know. It's just that this thread is commenting more on the actions of players than actually discussing the magic, y'know, the reason why the thread was made? I wouldn't take anything said in this thread worth a grain of salt.

Mate...Did you really just ignore the multitude of points that were leveled towards the Ascended Magic as a system overall? I can link you to my post if you perhaps missed it.

Debate Completed

This thread has been deemed inactive and the debate concluded. If you feel this was mistake, please contact a moderator.