Sign in to follow this  
Koanda

A Devereux's Address

18 minutes ago, rukio said:

Marlow recalls the ill-bred and low class noble who had come to Morsgrad. ”I still can’t help but find it amusing that she became personally offended and felt attacked that we would DARE tell her that there are no bastards within Nordish culture. And then, the gall to know she is losing an argument and mention her husband finding out as an intimidation tactic, though never elaborating on who he was or why it would be relevant. To be so spineless and crude as to walk into someone else’s home and tell them how they should live their lives is for the weakest of mind and souls. It’s asinine. What a repulsive woman, to sick men upon a youth and a young woman of the Red Faith purely because she took offense to us telling her we have no bastards. Note that she was too cowardly to send the same men against Chadmyr or anyone else who was male who spoke the same. At least Eleanor embraced the culture as she moved to Morsgrad, just as I embraced Helena when I moved there. Ester is just cowardly in my eyes, but if she is of Haense then perhaps she was simply dropped on her head as a child.” She sighs as she complains to Thora. 

“Of that I have no question.” Thora nods, having really no more to add to the girl’s complaint, simply agreeing in whole.

2 hours ago, rukio said:

Marlow recalls the ill-bred and low class noble who had come to Morsgrad. ”I still can’t help but find it amusing that she became personally offended and felt attacked that we would DARE tell her that there are no bastards within Nordish culture. And then, the gall to know she is losing an argument and mention her husband finding out as an intimidation tactic, though never elaborating on who he was or why it would be relevant. To be so spineless and crude as to walk into someone else’s home and tell them how they should live their lives is for the weakest of mind and souls. It’s asinine. What a repulsive woman, to sick men upon a youth and a young woman of the Red Faith purely because she took offense to us telling her we have no bastards. Note that she was too cowardly to send the same men against Chadmyr or anyone else who was male who spoke the same. At least Eleanor embraced the culture as she moved to Morsgrad, just as I embraced Helena when I moved there. Ester is just cowardly in my eyes, but if she is of Haense then perhaps she was simply dropped on her head as a child.” She sighs as she complains to Thora. 

Ester chuckles heartily as she sat by her hearth, remembering back on that day. “Such a sad state of affairs when two common women speak so low of their own Duchess. To act as though she has no right to her own culture because she has come to live within their walls.” Her head shaking as she watched the flames grew. “For them to ask me if I knew who they were! Oh, it was of the highest levels of hilarity! Then they offered me a duel, imagine that. Expecting a Princess to lower herself to their tauntings. To be so enraged by words that you insist on fighting to solve it, the way of the simple minded.”

4 hours ago, Koanda said:

Ester chuckles heartily as she sat by her hearth, remembering back on that day. “Such a sad state of affairs when two common women speak so low of their own Duchess. To act as though she has no right to her own culture because she has come to live within their walls.” Her head shaking as she watched the flames grew. “For them to ask me if I knew who they were! Oh, it was of the highest levels of hilarity! Then they offered me a duel, imagine that. Expecting a Princess to lower herself to their tauntings. To be so enraged by words that you insist on fighting to solve it, the way of the simple minded.”

“I bet she thinks we’re both commoners.” Marlow would nudge Thora. “That you’re not the daughter of two High Keepers, who have more say than the Duke in multiple matters. Though, in fairness, she doesn’t know who I am either. Or that the culture of the land she was in demands a duel if you wish to slander, as she was. But, then again, I did watch her lose her mind and attempt to murder someone a few homes down from my own. Can you believe she accuses me of being from Morsgrad? Laughable....I helped build Helena. Their tavern keep is just never there to serve ale...” 

On 11/10/2019 at 12:52 AM, JoelTheGinger said:

“As usual, it would seem the wisdom of women is increasingly becoming far superior to the blood-thirst and ambition of men. Mayhaps this Princess Ester should be Queen of Curon, instead,” Anna Maria would remark to the Empress Lorena, the teenage youth recovering from the previous day’s battle.

"okay libtard" Reinhard would shake his head