Sign in to follow this  
Koanda

A Devereux's Address

To Lord Angelo de Alba, Regent of Curon,

I write this not as the Princess of Rubern, nor as a Haensewoman. I write this as Ester Rose Devereux, speaking on behalf of my bedridden cousin whose reputation you have squandered in one fell swoop. Beneath Pierce I, Curon had hit memorable highs and inevitable lows, but the bonds he created were invaluable. The same bonds you have severed beyond repair.

I will not lie about my own views of the Empire, I never have. Within my years, Imperium has crumbled time and time again. I have seen more Emperors coronated than Kings. Spent years harboring resentment against Oren and those who led it, but this is not about Oren. The war waged is against Haense in particular, the same Kingdom I was married into. The Kingdom you have left to be fed upon. 

I know the history of Curonia well. The decision made years ago to take our independence during the War of Two Emperors, I wonder if that has been one of the deciding factors in your choice. But you have failed to discern the difference in our times. We were a strong, and united Kingdom, underappreciated by everyone, but this is not the same. You claim independence even though you have not earned it, and even further, you will not be able to maintain it. We had the military and the unity that was necessary. Does Curon have that today?

For your claims of Imperial incompetence, I see it as a thinly veiled excuse. From what I can tell, you are either blind to your own reality or you are a hypocrite. Since my cousins illness, Curon has fallen silent. The streets empty, the military non existent, and yet you call Oren corrupt, stagnant. You see your own people fleeing out of discontent, but you blame Oren and try to claim your independence? Curon has been in the sights of Morsgrad ever since they took up residence beside you. Or have you forgotten their threats?

Hear my warning, the AIS have promised to assist you in taking your freedom, but the oaths of men mean little. Your short sighted decisions will lead you into destruction. Come to this realization Lord de Alba, you are entirely alone, coaxed into the wilderness by honeyed words. Those who would have stood by your side, you have abandoned. Curon, the lands of my father and forefathers will be left bare, unable to defend itself. Who will protect our people when the ferocity of men is aimed at our lands? Who will you call upon to help you maintain your ‘freedom’?

SIGNED

Her Royal Highness,
Princess Ester Rose Alimar-Barbanov

Edited by Koanda

Vivaca Rutledge smiles,

”Finally, a Devereux with sense!”

The Duke of Eastmark would then reply to the Princess:

"The Lord Regent is not alone. We, his leal councilors and vassals of the Kingdom back his decision of upholding the independence and sovereignty of Curonia. I can't say the same about you." 

Pierce would lay in his bed, oblivious to all.

”Noble and venerable writing.”

Ser Beelzebub comments upon reading the letter, which by then had made its rounds to the streets of Helena.

14 minutes ago, sergisala said:

"The Lord Regent is not alone. We, his leal councilors and vassals of the Kingdom back his decision of upholding the independence and sovereignty of Curonia. I can't say the same about you." 

“So... nobody? Whats use is there in councilors if there is nobody left in Curon to rule? You speak of vassals and yet where are they, Curons streets are dead silent as are its vassals.” replied Farley

Edited by ReveredOwl

Godfric nods along as he pretended to skim the address, he’d give a thumbs up despite not being able to read a single word.

10 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

“So... nobody? Whats use is there in councilors if there is nobody left in Curon to rule? You speak of vassals and yet where are they, Curons streets are dead silent as are its vassals.” replied Farley

Tobias would shake his head "I'm a vassal of Curonia"

Just now, sergisala said:

“I think the world has grown tired of useless vassals whose only a vassal in title, not militarily.” replied Farley. “No point in being a vassal when its just yourself in it.”

Just now, sergisala said:

“I think the world has grown tired of useless vassals whose only a vassal in title, not militarily.” replied Farley. “No point in being a vassal when its just yourself in it.”

“As usual, it would seem the wisdom of women is increasingly becoming far superior to the blood-thirst and ambition of men. Mayhaps this Princess Ester should be Queen of Curon, instead,” Anna Maria would remark to the Empress Lorena, the teenage youth recovering from the previous day’s battle.

4 minutes ago, sergisala said:

So, you’d rather continue on the path of betrayal in order to become independent? That’s not the best route to choose as a nation or whatever that’s constantly turning upon oaths and promises doesn’t make you strong it makes you weak. A Kingdom that isn’t trusted by anyone is a Kingdom that’s bound to fall completely.

41 minutes ago, sergisala said:

A northern man quakes in his boots, finally getting the excuse he needs to kill Curonians! 

42 minutes ago, sergisala said:

“Toe sucker”

10 minutes ago, Dyl said:

“Toe sucker”

"Nah, that wasn't me. That was my fetishist father. I hope he found peace in the seven skies" Duke Tobias Merentel would say

1 minute ago, sergisala said:

"Nah, that wasn't me. That was my fetishist father. I hope he found peace in the seven skies" Duke Tobias Merentel would say

“Toe sucker”