SriFoo

Healun'or Citadel Public Debates Transcription

cooltext-357139167011144.thumb.png.22524d90bddc824498944165598042db.png

Foreword

“Esteemed thill this is a transcription of the debate for the various Okarir positions and Sohaer. For the sake of my own convenience in the transcription, only the names of the candidates have been listed as the other ones are although esteemed thill, they are not important for the positions of the candidates and allows me to save the time of recalling everyone’s names.”

“For this reason, I have simply labeled those other than the Candidates [name] or Maheral Ikur as Thill Citizen or Moderator.”

- Aeron Valaker

OOC:

Due to having to type this out live during the debate there are likely many typos so feel free to mention them to me (SriFoo#5770)

Additionally if your intrested in seeing the document version.

Citadel Public Debate I Transcription

OKARIR’HIYLUN

Spoiler

OKARIR’HIYLUN Debate (Guardian of Health)

Candidate Silvyr Uradir:

“I am Silvyr Uradir, some of you may know me by my traveling name 'Doc Uradir, also my brand name for all medicine I produce. I am self-trained botanist of nearly one-hundred years now, and am proud that my talents have the opportunity to shine today,'”

Candidate Dele Seregon: 

“I am Dele Seregon, known by many of you here as a llir or as a family member, even if not by blood. Many of you know who I am, as a physician, a business owner, and a one hundred fifty something-year-old mali'thill who has long lived in this city and served endlessly. I hope for nothing more than to bring good things to all of you, as I have learned much in my life to serve and protect”

Thill Citizen ((Nylathria Cralena)): 

“I was curious what they will do about housing, if that is a proper question to ask.”

Moderator ((Muriel Uradir)):

The moderator asked which candidate the question was intended. In which the Citizen replied “either”.

Candidate Dele Seregon: 

“If he'd like. I think I am the one who did elaborate most upon this”

Candidate Silvyr Uradir: 

“Well I am very organized in nature. And am great with lists, and deadlines. Of course, Housing will always be free and we will prioritize the larger homes for the larger Talonnii.” “In the past, the organization of housing has been a mess, those who have long since lived in Healun'or get to keep their absent quarters, while those new to the city are left to wonder for days on end, looking for a place they can call their own. If I Am elected, this will no longer be an issue, I will use my organized nature for the people's benefit. I will not rest until all 'thill are housed appropriately”

Maheral Ikur Sullas: “Right -- Mister Uradir, how will you use your organized nature? Do you have a particular system in mind?”

Silvyr Uradir: “Of Course, I will make a list of all the current homes, and who currently lives in them. I will check the Sillumir's registry yearly, to find out who has left the city without notice of returning home. These people go on a 'watch list'. If they do not return home after a prolonged period of time with no notice they will get an eviction notice. And the home will be offered to someone who might actually use it.”

Moderator ((Ikur Sullas)):

The moderator would extend the question to Dele Seregon

Thill Citizen ((Aiera Sullas)): 

The Citizen voiced a thought on Silvyr’s statement “Presumably the Sillumir logs would not have many interactions with actual citizens, as they would be using the citizen doors? It may appear that no citizens ever leave or return if you were to rely on that alone.”

The moderator request an address from the candidate in question.

Candidate Silvyr Uradir: 

A good point. I plan on checking for myself as well, a simple knock on the door should work fine for the purpose of seeing if someone is actually occupying a home. As long as I am consistent. The last thing I want to do is barge into the private space of my fellow 'thill”

“Of course. It just seemed to be a hollow statement”

Candidate Silvyr Uradir: 

“I understand, I hope I was able to squash any concerns you might have had with my last statement.”

Requested to know if the citizen’s thoughts had been resolved.

“As long as he isn't intending to use that information alone, which doesn't seem to be the case, yes.”

Inquired if there were any further inquirers. After making the statement he would ask for a Citizen to speak.

Thill Citizen ((Nylathria Cralena)):

“I was curious about the school, will anything change there? I have been waiting to enroll for months now.” [Statment redacted due to not being valid to the okarir’hiylun]

Questioned again if there were further questions.

Maheral Ikur Sullas: to Dele Sergon

“what will you do about housing, and how will you execute your plans? And with what systems?”

Candidate Dele Seregon: 

“I plan to run a check of activity on hall homes within Elcihi, remove those who have otherwise run away or have otherwise disappeared, while reorganizing the documents of the former Okarir'malis As well as establishing an actual inn to house mali'thill seeking housing in the meanwhile, future wise. Considering that as I review our housing documents I see lots of mali who will not be returning.”

Inquired if that was all from Dele in which she responded “I'd believe so, unless there are further inquiries.” After the question was asked a Citizen stepped forward.

Thill Citizen ((Avern'dionne Fi'talareh)): 

“You have both had a good debate on the issues of housing, though important, you run not for Tilurir'lin, but Okarir'hylun, what will you do to assure the health and the purity, of our blessed Citizenry”

Candidate Dele Seregon: 

“After asking and being accepted to go first replied “As I have discussed prior in our debates, the purity of the mali'thill is one of my top priorities. Bored Mali seldom make pure mali, so enrichment is important for assuring such” “I advocate for better marriages, and undoubtedly puer due to the lower chances of infidelity, and an excellent example is Caestella Elibar'acal. her husband nerithil was poor one at that.” “And, despite her no longer living with the state, she has gone to produce half-bred children, while never actually have a legally annulled marriage.” “a solution to amending impure behavior and in turn, their sources, I highly applaud the use of Nelgauth's marriage counseling has offered before” “The Trial to Purity should be an option used sternly, rather than banishment or outright execution- The counseling of soon to be wed, and the placement of children from otherwise wretched homes within betters ones, will see to amend these behaviors.” “I use the example of children like Aylon Elibaracal, who was otherwise neglected and stunted in his growth because he was not given the tools to succeed. He has since begun to grow since placed in the care of one Nelgauth Maehr'tehral, who has proven to be one of the best guardians in the state of late” “Or children like Ivoriel, who began to prosper when placed in a household where care was proved. She was castella's daughter but she is a purer child than her mother”

Thill Citizen:

“Ahernan, I take pride in that one -- however She wasn't given to me by the Guardianship system rather... just latched onto mas as a maln figure.”

Candidate Dele Seregon:

“Those paper were semi-official, as Ka'lani was in Valenar's custody and Ivoriel your's” “Children who are not attended fall into impure habits, like premarital sex and other disgraces of Dichomty of Lewdness” “Its starts in our youth, our binds to purity, they must not be fettered by the lack of tools or support to succeed” “I have met children who were otherwise damaged by the people who birthed them, and in the end, they ended up failing to grow.” “There is an encounter I know of, a deep-rooted seed of guilt and regret, in which the child Be was otherwise damaged by her birth parents, and attempted to kill her guardian. Mordithas Miravaris’ “Exactly, she turned her weapon upon herself as well, and even sought to harm and maim herself after treatment”

Stopped Dele Sergon’s address he would give the floor to the newly arrived third candidate Farandil Aldin

Candidate Farandil Aldin:

after being called impure for being late he stated “A man of Honour is neither late, or early to his definition”

Thill Citizen ((Avern'dionne Fi'talareh)): 

“Well, do carry on then, we've voting to get to ounce this is over....”

I turn to you, citizens of the Silver City. Who wants actual change? The candidates have presented their pitch. Yet I am the entity to fulfill it. If you want to change. Then vote Aldin. We will see to it that the state does not turn. Cats are to be considered 'cool to' Be if house cat or Kha”

Inquired if Farandil Aldin had anything further to add.

I've got reforms and a number of exciting, and somewhat, cool archaeological trips for you all to go on”

after being told by a Citizen that there was no time he says  “Of course there is time. Most of your fought for democracy and democracy takes time.” 

Stated that the query session had finished allow for the Candidates to return to there seats

Okarir’tir Debate

Spoiler

OKARIR’TIR Debate (Guardian of Law)

Kaelan Aldin, Alluin Miravaris and Elrion Visaj are summed to the dias for their session..

Candidate Elrion Visaj arrives late, before declaring that he no longer wishes to pursue the position

Candidate Alluin Miravaris: 

“You all know me, probably mainly dressed in uniform. Because that is what the majority of my life in elcihi has been: serving the Weeping Blades. Now, with the arrival of the new republic, I stand before you as an experienced and long-serving sillumir. This time, I ask a favor of all of you, namely to allow me to serve you as okarir'tir”

Candidate Kaelan Aldin: 

“I am Kaelan Aldin, some of you may know me as Sixty-Six. I have served within el'sillumiran the majority of my life even during my exile. I have served el'cihi in a few ways and prevented at least two coup de'tats. I am maln of two, though they are both adopted. Each of them serves within el'sillumiran with me. I have a .. temporary departure from el'cihi following an unjust trial” before stating “Questions?”

Thill Citizen:

“Having both been around during the Sillumir wearing helmets and hiding who they are, and now showing themselves once more. where do both of you stand on the idea of the Sillumir hiding, or not hiding their identity and why?”

Candidate Kaelan Aldin: 

“Hiding? The idea of one concealing their identity is to conceal the impurities that they commit when on duty, ultimately. PURITY is something that the 'thill hold in high regard, if a Sillumir is to be known Amongst their 'thill as an individual which takes a life. It leaves them Vulnerable to judgment and distrust” “If I may, Whilst my counterpart takes the part to say his piece. Does anybody before us have a concern regarding anonymity? Or are there 'thill here that support it merely out of curiosity.?”

“We discussed the Anonymity issue extensively during the preceding debates. Should we summarize here or simply refer to the reports on these debates?” “As stated during the debates, I understand Kaelan's point of view, but I do not agree. since the anonymity has been lifted, we have experiences better relations with the citizenry, and no decline in El'Sillumiran's security. After all, elsillumiran are part of the citizenry and the citizenry is part of the el'sillumiran”

Thill Citizen ((Seth Calith)): 

At times during the anonymity I did not feel safe around El'sillumiran”

Candidate Kaelan Aldin: 

“For what reason Seth? I recall all of my interactions with you to be somewhat friendly. Is it the not-knowing of the individual beneath the helmet? Or not knowing who you were truly speaking with “

Alluin Miravaris: 

“I have heard more of these rumors and feelings. We do not have statistics, but as Storm Elibar'acal stated during the debate, there were feelings of distrust, as our lliran did not know who they were talking to”

“Yes- My father is easily spooked by strangers, as am I. that is why I am undecided, somewhat”

Thill Citizen ((Seth Calith)): 

“I do still recall Sillumiran threatening citizenry to gather in the tavern or violent actions would have been taken. I were unsure if they were actual mali'aheral underneath the helmets”

Thill Citizen ((Velu)): 

“Those who hide behind a mask have less to fear in repercussions”

“However, we debated this issue extensively during the debate and if anyone is interested in more on it, I would refer to the reports on these”

Candidate Kaelan Aldin: 

“Might I remind the 'thill present that Anonymity was first reintroduced during Ikur's Okarir'tirship? The higher-ups within the sillumir knew who was who. So any complaints that come to use were dealt with accordingly”

Thill Citizen ((Velu)): 

“And how are we to know it has been dealt with, if we do not even know who had to be dealt with”

Candidate Kaelan Aldin 

“I cannot disclose the Sillumirs methods on dealing with insubordinate Diraan. all I will say is it involved a white stone, and multiple normal ones" "The individual that was to pull the white stone, well let us leave it there”

Candidate Alluion Miravaris:

“That is part of trust in the relationship between sillumiran and citizens. Again, lliran, if you are interested in the matter, please do read the reports on the debates. We are just repeating here what was discussed earlier”

Thill Citizen ((Avern'Dionne Fi'Talareh)): 

“The anonymity is based on the principle that there is shame in doing harm, I simply wish to remind those of this... radiation. Is there harm done by officers of peace within the Silver Walls? They should have no shame”

Candidate Kaelan Aldin 

“By my recollection, ne 'thill ever came to harm by el'silumiran unless they were deemed a 'threat'”

thanked the candidate before asking if there were any further questions

Kaelan Aldin: 

“I encourage the questioning, please.”

said a final query would be in order from the Maheral

Maheral Ikur Sullas: 

“Final? So conspicuous. Anyway -- in the event of invasion or raid, how would each of your handle public safety? a good plan for emergencies is always nice”

Candidate Kaelan Aldin: 

“For too long have we lived in seclusion, which is good, ti. Not many of you know I had designed el'cihis defenses so that none can scale the wall. Yet to me belief, that is not enough. There are certain abbreviations I wished to implement before I was dismissed. One of these involved an emergency-response-system, where in the event of an assault from brigands or a rival nation the 'thill would answer to the 'EMS' Alert that was put out, advising them to stay at home. This is something I will be working on as a matter of priority, should I obtain the position of Okarir'tir, following up on this, during my time away from elc'ihi. I have been introduced to technologies that we can use to protect our city further, as well As a forward operation station for el'sillumiran- not only this! however, there are numerous occasions in which 'thill have under”

“Ahernan, malaurir, an issue that has not been addressed in the debates and is indeed important. With public safety, I assume that you are aiming at the citizen's safety. First of all, it must be assured that every citizen present in elcihi is awake and gathered. There, they will be informed about the situation and moved to a safe place. If there are many, they would be divided into smaller groups and moved to for example the tavern and the clinic All sillumiran will, of course, be expected to be present as soon as possible and defend elcihi and its citizens.”

Candidate Kaelan Aldin: 

“If citizenry are forced into either the barracks or clinic, aren't they essentially prone to becoming lambs for slaughter, should the enemy break there way through”

Which is why I proposed to split them into smaller groups, rendering them less vulnerable”

Candidate Kaelan Aldin: 

“Systematically telling our thill to remain at home allows el'sillumiran the opportunity to rally to the occasion, and pinpoint exactly where the enemy is, or granted, break the enemy up so that they can be combatted whilst in individual groups? Our thill's lives do not matter solely within elcihi but rather, on an expedition like events also Many a time have I heard of the loss of lives beyond the walls, in one individual’s pursuit of knowledge and power Make ne mistake we are here to defend you, whether it be withing the walls or outside of them Make ne mistake we are here to defend you, whether it be withing the walls or outside of them” 

Staying at home may also be an option, but it reduces the citizen's visibility to us and this our possibilities to protect them”

Candidate Kaelan Aldin: 

“In my learned opinion, it makes it more likely for the enemy to scatter in search of the 'thill, as well as that prevents them from being clustered in these. . . what two spots. Larihei forbid but picture this my dear thill”

Maharal Ikur Sullas: 

“Let us wrap this up after mister Miravaris's next response”

Candidate Kaelan Aldin: 

“You are advised, by Alluin's orders to seek shelter in the clinic... the barracks and our enemy penetrates through these places, leaving you cornered and against the wall nothing but a sword before you A grim way to go, whilst you wait for elsillumiran to muster.”

Moderator: 

gives Miravaris a rebuttal opportunity. 

“Ti it is clear you have thought more about this issue than I have, I will admit that. In this case, I have to agree with your opinion. Which proves once again no okarir'tir has to stand alone, but can count on the support of capable officers. Whether that okarir'tir will be your or me. I have nothing more to add”

Moderator:

Concludes the debate

Concluded: 13th of The Grand Harvest 1772

Citadel Public Debate II Transcription

Okarir’nor

Spoiler

OKARIR’NOR Debate (Guardian of Land)

Candidate Elathion 

“Llir. You all know me, I am a familiar face around the city. I am hardworking, and I've a talent for gathering both materials and minas that I might even dare to say is unmatched by anyone in the city. If elected, I will continue to be equally hardworking, ensuring a well-funded treasury, a filled storage of food for the citizenry and stockpiles of materials to meet the needs of each and every one of you. I hope you will put faith in me, so that I can prove myself to all of you as being worthy of being your Okarir'nor.”

Candidate Aiera Sulla 

“A good day to you all, I am proud to stand before you and introduce myself as Aiera Sullas. I have been here since days long by, and some of you are familiar with my status as a laurir. I have worked hard to be alive, and save, today. Along the way I have acquired the skills and the discipline I think more than necessary to make myself a strong, reliable candidate for you all. I intend to reform the way business works here in our city, and feel no doubts either about my capability to oversee healthy and efficient workers in various stages of gathering stores of crops and materials for us. Maehr'sae hiylun'ehya. That is all for my initial address.”

asked if any of the audience had any questions for the Candidates.

Thill Citizen

“Karin'ayla, llir. An excellent introduction if I say so myself. I apologize for my late arrival, matters of the gate drew me elsewhere - anyway, how do you intend to reform the way that business works? What is your five-year plan”

Candidate Aiera Sullas

“Well, I'm certainly glad you asked? It is obvious to all right now that it is stagnant, and most of all boring. I also think there could be more cooperation among elves. Allow me to elaborate. I do intend to create jobs by delegating elves to supply each other with what they need, be that materials or components, so that everyone's work is directly benefiting another. This system will begin to take true shape and be further elaborated on permitting my election, which will then include real incentives for progress and work economically without the need for throwing money at the problem I think that it is not our way to perform business in the same way that the other nations do, but that we should be expected to be a generous people to each other. Sloth or weak links should not be tolerated Nor should dependence on coin to get us through daily life for the most part, though we will have a store of it, as is necessary. I hope this is sufficient”

Thill Citizen

“Naturally. Slothfulness should not be tolerated, I concur. Yet, certain projects for the prosperity of our nation will require a fair bit of coin, which is only generated through trade with Foreign nations, do you not agree?”

Thill Citizen 

“It appears my presence is needed, I apologize. 'Llir, and will allow the q and a to continue until my return.”

Candidate Aiera Sullas 

“Well, I wanted to reply to that. Perhaps Mr. Elathion can make a question?”

allowed the query

Candidate Elathion 

“Right. While Aiera's plan is certainly ambitious, it is also deeply flawed. While one might think that a system where each citizen provides is beneficial, it becomes problematic once one link in such a system falls away. One can try to carefully control a chain of supply, but once one link inevitably becomes lacking, you have an issue, and you'll have to turn to Minas to plug the gap with foreign aid.”

Candidate Aiera Sullas 

“As much as you are eager to refute my ideas, you are taking questions, not making them, Mr. Elathion. But I do want to discuss this with you if I am afforded the opportunity today.

Candidate Elathion 

“He gestured for me to respond”

Candidate Aiera Sullas

“But I do want to discuss this with you if I am afforded the opportunity today. I was thinking he would take a new question because that question was for me and Mr. Aldin is not here yet to hear.”

Candidate Elathion 

“This, in a society completely foreign to minas, that would quickly become an issue, and lead to shortages. Minas, in addition, are simply a superior method of exchange, over trade and direct exchange of goods. As such, we should, as a state, ensure a prosperous trade network to ensure that in times that our self-sustainability fails us, we have something to fall back on”

Candidate Aiera Sullas

“I'll respond if I am expected to, but I assumed that this would be more about citizenry than the two of us”

requested Aiera Sullas to remain silent until called upon. Then they questioned if there were any further queries from the audience

Thill Citizen 

“Ti, I have a question for Elathion. As most will have noticed, you have in the past lead eldiraaran, a form of... Guard force, net? My inquiry is what brought you to go for the okarir'nor position and even so, if you intend to continue to lead eldiraaran or hand its leadership over to another?”

Candidate Elathion

“I did indeed lead the Diraar. However, I believe Kaelan Aldin and Aluin Miravaris to be better candidates for Okarir'tir hence why I didn't run for that. I ran for Okarir'nor due to my extensive experience with the gathering of both money and goods. And as running a company has taught me perfectly well how to delegate and motivate those working for you, to reach a goal”

Thill Citizen 

“Very Well”

Other Thill Citizen 

“You have mentioned you did, lead the Diraar, and you are no longer a part of it? Or merely just taken back from direct leadership. As well, what is your drive for such a role? Will you act as a personal bank for the city? Will it be spread amongst councils given to elMaheral? What is your plan upon the occurrence and distribution of wealth?” 

Another Thill Citizen 

“I believe his plans have been outlined in the debates preceding this session, however, I shall permit Elathion to promulgate on the matter.”

Candidate Elathion

“I am still the Diraar, however, I have yet to discuss with Maheral Ikur if he still considers them necessary. I will oversee the money made by the state, distributing it towards the rest of them upon request. This is to ensure that other councilors do not spend excessively where one might find ways to achieve the same goal with less money required. Other councilors could file requests for grants, which will then be reviewed to ensure the money is spent in the most efficient way possible, to avoid wasting any.”

Thill Citizen 

“Ahernan”

Thill Citizen 

“I have a question for Elathion Dagre'sae. He is a candidate on okarir'nor's position. And I guess, he knows the fate of his predecessor, Nerithill Valarieth, who was captured together with Alaion by Diraaran during revolution. Alaion was released recently, but when ex-okarir'nor asked to be released too, diraaran refused. I haven't seen him leaving Dagre'sae manor of Elcihi after this encounter... I ask Elathion to explain what happened with okarir'nor This man deserved a trial, but it seems he wasn't given a chance.. What happened with Nerithil Valarieth”

Candidate Elathion

“I left my manor briefly after releasing Alaion. I believe my men had questions for Nerithil regarding the fact he was seen at Gehenna by a trustworthy friend of ours/ I have been informed he was released after that”

Thill Citizen

“He could be questioned about this on trial. And I doubt he was released, you may continue assembly, but maybe I will have to speak with next okarir'tir about this matter”

Thill Citizen 

“The Status of Nerithil is ambiguous as of yet, but it has been assumed he has fled, though this is a matter for the future okarir'tir to resolve it”

asked if that was all from the audience then asked if the candidates had any closing remarks.

Candidate Aiera Sullas 

“Yes, actually” after being given permission from the moderator “I think it thoroughly unfair I was unable to answer Mr. Aldin's follow up, nor allowed to respond and in fact told I was interrupting when Mr. Elathion began to make statements independent of any audience questions. However, I only wished to touch on that and I'll continue.” 

“During the initial speeches here and during nominations, Mr. Elathion, you doubt the mali'thill capacity for generosity, question our cultural solutions to combat greed, and resign to pessimism in your frustration. No, I will not as you have incorrectly assume sit idly by and wait for citizenry to act, I will lift them up into action as they have lifted me up by giving us all the opportunity to run in an election”

“I mentioned this briefly already in the nominations, but another aspect of job creation I would like to focus on iss the encouragement of services being offered by citizens and not just goods being produced as that would discount mali'thill with differing talents such as barbers, caterers, caretakers, and designers”

“Stop and think, for a moment, if you will- when has money ever been a real issue for Healun'or? Have we suffered poverty? No. I hope that my call for upholding tradition is enough that I can assuage any doubts. That is my conclusion, Ahern ito nae'leh”

Candidate Elathion 

“I do not doubt the mali'thill in their capacity to be generous, Aiera. I doubt that, in a system where the state  has tight control over how and what they produce, they will not be able to donate on a substantial enough level to aid us in the direst of.”

“Many times in the past, Haelun'orians have shown themselves to be generous, but without promoting them to, on theier own accord, try to make their own monetary success, and by hamstringing their ability to make minas through tight control, their generosity might be in abundence, but the funds they have to spare might not be. Abundance, but the funds they have to spare might be not be. Furthermore,stating that Healun'pr has never had monetary issues shows a distinct lack of precaution taken.”

Healun'or has more than ounce had to rely on sizeable donations to restock par example their iron supply. There are things that you simply need money for, and when these things arrive, I shall be prepared to catch that cost. I'm also quite curious how you will lift the citizenry into actions, when so far all you have done so far is say that those lacking will not be tolerated I've my doubts in your efficiency, or your ability to gain a significant enough ammount of funds to be able to catch us in diasters, which can occur at any moment”

Candidate Aiera Sullas 

I remain confident in myself and my beliefs

Concludes the debate.

Okarir’Maehr

Spoiler

OKARIR’MAEHR Debate (Guardian of Knowledge)

Mr. Sythaerin was the only one who was able to make it

Candidate Silvos Sythaerin

“Olrin and Elahern must have their priorities elsewhere, I suppose… Lliran! I am elated this day has finally come, where the end of the political turmoil we have had to endure these past months is finally in sight. I came back only a few years ago, proud to see what our state had accomplished in my absence Now, it is up to all of us, as the chaos has finally calmed down, to bring it back to a state we can be proud of once more, and beyond. Because of this I have decided to once again nominate myself to fill a position of elheial'thilln. As most of you will know, I am-”

Thill Citizen

“How can one be proud of a state which murdered the Maheral. I give you the opportunity to correct your statement”

“That hadn't occurred yet... I was speaking in the past tense, as you might have noticed Now, as some of you may know, I founded the original Eternal Laboratories. I have been a pursuer of progress since I first found elHaelun'or, and intend to do so for many years more Now, finally, the position of running those laboratories have been combined with running the College and overseeing the Eternal Library”

“As I have stated before, I was once lucky enough to oversee the Libraries with our greatest librarian ever, Miss Lazul. As for the college, I have always strived towards distributing any acquired knowledge to pursure elMaehr'sae Hiylun'ehya”

“I feel the time for mere speeching is over. Now, is the time for action. To finally return to progress, rather than remain in this statis that has struck our state for far too long. My promise is simple. As I have done before, I shall do once more.”

Thill Citizen

“Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya”

Asked if there would be any further questions

Thill Citizen

“Yes. I am curious, and now this is a personal thing but I am sure we all are feeling we have to reach to question something as moving as that. I was curious whether you will be accommodating the.. More arcane persuaded citizens. That is, do you think any of any of your focus will be toward fostering a guild for such people, or more on practical teaching and sciences?”

“Well during all of this turmoil, the previous Maralier of elIlumiran was cast out of elcihi for obvious reasons. A meeting has been had, appointing me as their predecessor. As for balancing overseeing our aracne order, as well as all other institutes regarding knowledge, I have faith I shall be able to appoint a fitting tilruir and potentially a skillful medi'ir To properly answer your question, my focus shall remain spread across all aspects of progress, be it arcane or otherwise 

Thill Citizen

Well, I trust you will keep them in line. Under Visaj, he tried and suggested such things as replacing natural growth or wildlife with arcane alternatives. It always worried me to hear such things. It's good enough to hear that you will be equal in your priorities” 

I can ensure you, while being a magic enthousiast, I highly respect all forms of tanya, and would not wish to allow the possibility of the arcane disrupting the natural way of things.

inquired if there were any further questions, Concludes the debate after none are asked.

Debate concluded on the 9th of sun's Smile 1772

Citadel Public Debate III Transcription

Sohaer

Spoiler

SOHAER Debate (Leader by Teaching)

Candidate Nelgauth & Candidate Anethera Uradir are called on stage by the Moderator and than tells Anethra to go first with her address.

Candidate Anethera Uradir

“Karin'ayla, lliran- I have made my focus before, shown that I would wish for Unity, amongst our peoples. For those new and old, I have been a member of the silver council for nearly two-decades, as Okarir'tayna, and briefly Okarir'nor I have understood in that time what works, what does not: what a functioning and malfunctioning council is observed as. I long wished for meeting in public forum, and I know I would make a good fit for elSohaer, as one with experience, an outlook, , and a mind for perseverance through difficult times, and rebuilding after ruins of old- we have suffered a lot. And I believe work together, informed, intelligently, and with strength- we can create a blessed bastion ounce more

Candidate Nelgauth

“Ayla. Well, it is a privilege to present my candidacy to the citizenry, today, along with my opponent Anethra Uradir - opposition I interpret fondly, of course. I have faith we share the same sentiments and are prepared to do our utmost in favour of preserving Healun'or, corresponding with the interests of the national majority However, my plans to unify and recover the nation will be my focus. I deeply favour an underrated philosophy: that recovery is progress, and a most impressive form of maehr'sae. Though we've accomplished a lot over the last century, there have no doubt been lapses, where tradition has been neglected or there's been a lack of exertion to attempts. Growth comes with the pillars of Larihei's teachings, where the Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya is embraced as a healing core. Whichever divisions arise between us, no one can contest the importance of this philosophy - the institutions we attach to each category. Should I be elected, bolstering not only our council, but all our foundations of discovery and betterment, inclusive of new establishments through the clinic, college and library, through the Okariran As a hive. However predictable it is for me to draw inspiration from the teachings of our late Maheral, Azorella Elibral'acal, or the bee. Please, go on Muriel. Before my tangent outlasts the assembly.”

Opens up questions for the audience.

Thill Citizen

“Please discuss your intentions and stances regarding forgeign policy -- specifically, how you will protect the Silver State on the global stage. Laurir Uradir first, I suppose.”

Of course- for long, elCihi'thilln has long been quiet, isolated from the rest of arcas. For some time, during our alliance with the Horen of Renatus, we were spat at by our feet by other nations- yet, they have been unsuccessful in the wars to come. At an unfortunate, dear cost of silver blood. To me, security is in being unbothered with other politics- maintain cordial relations, and do not retaliate unless provoked. With mister Aldin back in the position of Okarir'tir, a fierce Sillumiran will not be long off. We should keep an active and organized Sillumiran, despite our history of isolation. A sleeping giant, a city upon a hill- we may be of world's desire, but we are to be taken seriously

Asks Nelgauth to respond as well

Candidate Nelgauth

“Mhm. Granted I am from an older generation... My outlook on national politics remains within the sphere of a respectful distance. Whereas lands afar can offer boons of knowledge and the stimuli for new discoveries, the preservation of Mali'thill blood is foremost. Our external politics more often than not lead to an involvement in wars, where are ne more but a pawn in a deceptive game. The conditions of lessers should not be primary a focus when we have internal growth to commit to, but I do welcome the counsel and collective decisions of a democratic council - especially utilising the assets of Tilruir'lliran and the Okarir'tir, Kaelan Aldin A lot of these decisions need to be reviewed in a contextual setting, after all

Asked the Citizen if there were any further questions in which he said not at the moment but suggested “I do suggest that we as Mali'thill make sure to ask difficult questions of these two. The position of Sohaer is of the utmost importance.”

Thill Citizen

“What is your opinion on the Talonnii Act of 1717? And do you plan on introducing a new law in that regard to the Okariran”

Candidate Nelgauth

"Who will be first, Muriel?" he asked to the Moderator 

Told Nelgauth to go first

Candidate Nelgauth

“Well, the Talonnii Act in and of itself had good intentions, but I would intend to redefine their functions and elaborate upon their position in the national picture. While I agree, there is vast importance to pure Talonni,we mustn't misrepresent them as a greater tier of Mali'thill or above the other populace. In simple terms, it would be to ensure we mellow out the Valah undertones of nobility and so forth. As for your latter enquiry, would you be able to elaborate? I'm not sure if I understood it well enough.”

Thill Citizen

“Basically, I asked if you wanted to change the law regarding Talonni, and their stance in society. To extend based on your answer, why do you feel it is necessary to change the standard? As in, why why do you feel it is necessary to change the standard? As in, why should Talonnii not be held to a higher regard than others anymore?”

Candidate Nelgauth

“Right, right. Well, I understood that much. The laws surrounding the Talonnii are not contemptible, but more their nuances or the connotions currently applied to that document's contents. Though there is a place for us to recognise a family's legacy and that needs to be interpreted in a suitable manner. Nor should it undermine the potential growth of independents.”

“I believe it should be renewed and recontinued. Talonnii are a vital and essential piece of culture, society, and maehr'sae hiylun'ehya. I believe that Talonni play a crucial role as caretakers, introducers, and idols in which we can admire. However, the document certainly requires some revision. Talonnii should be granted accommodation based on their living status, ne prestige- prestige, is and should be prestige in name and respect, but it does not place one higher than another. Talonnii are to be revered for their wisdom, but ne treated different by our council. I believe elLauriran should be reinstated, and reused as an asset for the council to gauge a wide populace with individuals informed on the families well being. As it stands, Talonnii are in a poor state because of internal conflict and strife granted special privilege and repeated impurity by others. Should the system be changed, with advisory of elMaheral and elCouncil of course, it may flourish once more.”

Thill Citizen

“Well said, lari'onn. Well said.”

Different Thill Citizen

“What are your stances on the Path and do you intend to help reintroduce its use? It seems completely necessary, as I feel not enough mali'aheral are being held accountable for their actions yet do not need to be banished nor culled like cattle.”

“I feel the path to purity has been misconstrued some. While ti, it is some form of.. Reformation of a 'thills being, I was quite enchanted by the old system. Instead of.. Talking about how pure you should be, showing such- particularly to an Okarir'hiylun, by performing pure acts would be splendid. For 'aheral uncertain of their blood, for 'thill who lose their purity- as mister Maehr'tehral has said, progress is one of, if not the greatest form of purity. It should ne be looked upon as a damnation- but a reconciliation, and reconsideration of one's values. For those who seek betterment and purity.”

Thill Citizen

“Marayla. I agree that, if utilized at all, it's mostly been a facade”

Candidate Nelgauth

“It's a shame this even needs addressing, but a reflection of dire times, where opportunities for recovery have clearly been neglected. I can reassure you, there would be significant restorations and improvements made in cooperation with the Maelunir, Okarir'hiylun and Okarir'tir, collectively. Not only for the Path of Purity, but for pre-emptive procedures to avert transgressions before they're committed. This had all been a part of my former project, elethanlane lin'hiylun'?Healun'or. And I can expand on the latter, if needs be”

Okarir'hiylun Dele Sergon

“I do hope you do, Nelgauth. But- For now! We ought to be wrapping up. An elven hour and a half has come around and I'd like to see this moved along for the sake of everyone… Well! since that's everything let us get wrapped up and I'll await the anoucement from Malaurir Avern'dionne on the results of the other election”

“Ahernan llir and lliran”

Candidate Nelgauth

“If Malaurir Avern'dionne ever stirs, we hope. all the same, Ahernan”

Debate concluded 9th of The Amber Cold 1772

“Huh-- informative, nice,” noted a butler, reading the paper in the local tavern.