Sign in to follow this  
Zaerie

KOENAS CURATION - Fourth Edition

Posted (edited)

a0y9xfT1EO8gbkhNnF0Z_5ENkXisLyml3TeUbLxV9mXZ-hJPMRB82reRTV4rC11l_Jy0E5P1RL42Q2QGvlhAGkxSQCb72awKpp9Y_kBbMUXDpDJn8g-KpCDGyxhAWl7cjyF5U-8f

KOENAS CURATION

The Fourth Edition

A Bi-Yearly Report by Queen-Mother, and Deputy Palatine Viktoria Sofiya Barbanov on the happenings of the Royals, Court, and the Culture in Hanseti-Ruska

A report from 330-331 ES

[1777-1778]

Table of Contents

I. Important Announcements

II. Royal and Court Announcements

III. Military Updates, Honours, and Activities

IV. Recently, In literature

V. Summary of City Events

VI. Special Mentions & Honoured Figures

I. Important Announcements

ARMISTICE OF WAR

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/193840-the-palatine-concordat/

Called for by the Church of Canonism, under threat of excommunication, both His Imperial Majesty, Peter III, and His Royal Highness, Corwin Alstreim, have signed a document of armistice of war, backing both the Holy Orenian Empire, and Sutica from the recent coalition war that threatened peace and life of many men.

The document also calls for both parties to turn their attention to a new, and greater threat. The Inferi, demons. The Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska has pledged, alongside the Empire to fight the Inferi, and so our persistence must continue. 

Forwards Haeseni, the time for valor is still upon us.

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

The New Census

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/193673-imperial-census-1777-1787/

Remember, people of the Empire, fill out the Imperial Census to be counted in votes and to be able to run in elections! The next ten year census is now out, fill out on the attached document!

II. Royal and Court Announcements

The Posthumous Prince

Just before the suicide of the Late King Sigismund II, I discovered that I was pregnant with a sixth child. The pregnancy survived through the trauma and mourning of the death, and was born in the year after. Franz Leopold Barbanov, the sixth child of myself and King Sigismund II, was born on the 12th of Vzmey and Hynk, 330 ES (First Seed, 1777).

Betrothal of Prince Aleksandr Barbanov and Lady Theodora Helvets

A match worked between myself and the Count of Rochefort, Richard Helvets, The third son of Sigismund II, and the second daughter of Count Richard are set to be married upon the coming of age of the younger party.

III. Military Updates, and Activities

Oaths and Promotions

The Oaths

Wulfgar to Footman

Alerion Aertalor to Footman

John Alden to Footman

Joseph Gaultier to Footman

Soren Storrag to Footman

The Promotions

Mio Mackensen to Sergeant

Ozark to Armsman

Amelot the Brave to Armsman

Alfred Barclay to Armsman

IV. Recently, In Literature

Studies, and literature based on and around, or written by the Haeseni

‘The Greatest Honour’ An Ethnographic Study of Krugmar

Written by Ceslestine E. Herbert

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/193652-the-greatest-honour-an-ethnographic-study-on-the-rexdom-of-krugmar/

Written by New Reza’s own, Celestine E. Herbert, founder and president of the Northern Geographical Society, ‘The Greatest Honour’ is a study on the Rexdom of Krugmar. Through her studies, she discovered culture and traditions like none within the realms of Man, it is truly a fascinating read and well worth the time.

Temptations of Saint Wilfriche

Written by Otto the Tarcharman

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/193715-temptations-of-saint-wilfriche-or-saint-wilfriche-and-the-holy-rood/

A collection of temptations passed down orally, Otto the Tarcharman has compiled these different stories into one paper of history and intrigue. The different poems, hymns and stories reflect the Saints.

The Golden Age of Women

Written by Elizaveta vas Ruthern

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/193835-the-golden-age-of-women-18th-cent/

Written by my own sister, Elizaveta vas Ruthern, this piece of literature outlines many influential women throughout the history of the empire. An interesting read, detailing the lives and actions of the women that shaped the empire to be as it is today.

V. Summary of Recent Events

Garden Party

A simple, but diverting tea party was hosted in the Ekaterinburg Palace gardens. Many citizens of Oren and Haense attended, being treated with many of Haeseni’s delicious treats- and handcrafted tea by the Royal Butler. Everyone was able to socialize and enjoy each other’s company. Subsequently, our hosts initiated a brief archery tournament in which the winner would receive a prize of three-thousand minae. The Most Honourable, Fiske III won our tournament with his wonderful skills in archery- and a flawless win streak.

The Bicentennial Fair

A fair starting off with a military parade the morning of, gathered the Haense Royal Army to walk through the city in their glory, leading the citizenry of Haense to the Basilica of Fifty Virgins. The fair celebrated the 200th year of Haense becoming a Kingdom, a monumental occasion for the Haeseni. After the mass, speeches were given by multiple of the members of the royal family, and the Arch Chancellor of the Empire, before the main fair started. The fair itself boasted games, a coaster in the middle of the city, and other opportunities for fun around New Reza.

Masquerade of Phantoms and Fairy Tales

The Masquerade took place underneath the Ekaterinburg Palace in New Reza, in a newly renovated ballroom with a conjoining Haeseni Chess board. The event itself was themed around mythology, having multiple costumes of different fairies, creatures, and Haeseni myths and legends. Her Serene Highness, Eleanor Alimar won the women’s section with a striking dress of teal with a floral arrangement, and Antanios Rutledge won with a shockingly lifelike phantom costume.

VI. Special Mentions & Honoured Figures

Osvald Barclay

The current Lord Speaker of the Royal Duma, Osvald Barclay has brought new light to the Duma. Through his exhilarating sessions and new reforms, Lord Osvald has risen the Duma to a new high with his initiative and ideas. I personally applaud Lord Osvald in his work and ambition, and hope to continue to see him rise to his full potential in his service to the Kingdom.

Edited by Zaerie

48 minutes ago, Zaerie said:

Masquerade of Phantoms and Fairy Tales

The Masquerade took place underneath the Ekaterinburg Palace in New Reza, in a newly renovated ballroom with a conjoining Haeseni Chess board. The event itself was themed around mythology, having multiple costumes of different fairies, creatures, and Haeseni myths and legends. Her Serene Highness, Eleanor Alimar, and Antanios Rutledge won the costume contest, with a striking dress of teal with a floral arrangement, and a shockingly lifelike phantom costume.

The ghost of Antanios Rutledge, relieved momentarily from posthumous depression, grinned wide as his little stunt pulled off. “Oh, I wish I was alive, I could grab this missive and take it home.” He reached out and attempted to take it, his hands barely causing the parchment to move. “Ah, it was worth a try.”

Vexalia read the notice regarding the ghost. At first, she didn’t think twice about it, before she saw the name...

‘ANTANIOS RUTLEDGE’.

The elfess nearly spat out her tea with that.. 

”What in the name of-- Who’s idea of a sick joke is this?”

“Wait... how is my great-grand father alive... unless.” Mariah Rutledge said with shock in her eyes, while eating her breakfast.

1 hour ago, Zaerie said:

Betrothal of Prince Aleksandr Barbanov and Lady Theodora Helvets

Theodora Helvets, daughter of Count Rochefort, almost fainted upon hearing the news!

Ivanna del Rosario inaudibly read through the bi-yearly report, slightly lofting both of her brows upon meeting the Garden Party’s summary. The woman’s eyes softened jubilantly at her previous events mention. “I am truly excited to host another tea party sometime.” She’d muse to herself quietly, lofting her mug of tea to her lips.

Brandt Barclay tilted his head a bit as he didn’t see his own promotion recorded, though he then shrugged it off as he smiled for his brothers having promoted to Armsmen. Continuing to read the report, he perked a brow to the literature section, interested as he began reading through it, perhaps for a specific reason.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this