[✗] [Alchemy] Syringes and Throwables

Olandyr

Concise Concoctions

jyY297-F642lYpRcxxjAybmpbsRt2gpKcPlFlg2T4786WzzpiFmPz0fmbKay_ln-ne4m6PPJBykxIfnKXTqJ3Uy2qHvJSXzEB4tOvZROIIg0aDH_thoo-b7jKhg3Tc2cbY0GLDsI

Syringe Sets

Nothing but groans of pain filled the room as he stabbed himself with yet another needle, dots and marks scarring his arm. This Individual had discovered a new way to administer their brews. Injection.

Coward’s Counter

A relatively simple mixture which, once injected, induces a forced rush of Adrenaline, granting them  Courage, Energy and a greatly enhanced pain tolerance.

Recipe

Base: Water

-Vigour x3

-Endurance x2

-Strength x1

-Swiftness x2

Effects

Should the Syringe, containing 1 charge of Coward’s Counter be injected into an appropriate place for it to get into an Individual’s veins, it will force a rush of Adrenaline to take place, causing them to feel far more awake, or forcing them awake, to struggle to feel minor Pain and to erase all acknowledgements of dangers and fear. Should the effects of this Potion end and another Syringe filled with this mixture not be used, the Injected will feel their muscles ache greatly, and will become far more tired than prior. 

This lasts for 10 OOC Minutes.

Redlines

-May not be used to completely ignore pain.

-Will not grant them speed or strength that they did not have before.

-The Individual continues to feel pain, and would not be able to ignore, or be happy with any form of gash or great pain.

-Does not require ST signing

-This is a Tier Two Potion

-This is considered Common Knowledge

Greater Green

‘Greater Green’, named after the notorious drug, Cactus Green, washes a feeling of clarity and calm over the Injected Individual, to such extents where they are unable to focus.

Recipe

Base: Water

-Impediment x3

-Purity x3

-Peace x3

-Clarity x2

Effects

Greater Green, should it be injected into the vein of an Individual, forces a feeling of greater Clarity and peace, pushing aside any feeling of fear and concerns with its drug-like qualities. This goes to such greater extents that anyone under the effects of this is unable to concentrate properly, keeping them from doing any task that isn't simple. Should this be injected whilst its effects are still on an Individual, or within the OOC hour after its use on them, they will fall unconscious.

This effect lasts for 20 OOC Minutes.

Redlines

-This does not grant them any form of Pain tolerance.

-This would and can keep the affected Individual from casting any form of  Magic that requires concentration, such as Voidal magic.

-Does not require ST signing

Fae’s Freshener

A complex mixture, which, once injected, will discreetly cover all spots, warts, infections, scars or anything similar that affects and appears on the Individual’s skin.

Recipe

Base: Aqua Vitae

-Order x3

-Grace x2

-Light x2

-Peace x1

-Life x1

-Requires ‘Pixie Dust’ from a Sprite from the Dayward Lands to be mixed in with the base.

Effects

Should the Syringe, containing 1 charge of Fae’s Freshener be injected into anywhere on an Individual’s form, it will remove all spots, warts, infections, scars or otherwise of a mundane nature that are visible on the Individual’s skin, the way this occurs is ultimately up to the Individual affected by this, it may be through a sudden, rapid ‘burst’ into nothing, skin growing over them, them blending into the skin or anything similar, though they are removed once this is injected, the Potion does not affect anything gained from the moment of the Injection. Unfortunately, however, this lasts for only 2 OOC weeks, after which their skin will begin to reveal far more spots, scars and blemishes upon the skin, almost completely defiling the appearance of the Individual. This lasts for another OOC week, before having them disappear leaving only the original blemishes & discrepancies, unless Fae's Freshener is used once more, in which the full effects will take place again.

Redlines

-Will not remove anything genetic

-Will not remove anything magic in nature, evocated fire that has left burns may be removed, for example, but a Necromancer’s aging may not.

-Requires OOC consent to be used on an Individual

-Requires ST signing

-This is a Tier Three Potion

-This is considered Common Knowledge

Gravedigger’s Grime

A complex, slimy, green mixture, which, once injected into dead matter, will greatly increase the rate of its decomposure to the point that it will be near nothing in a matter of minutes.

Recipe

Base: Blood

-Death x4

-Weakness x3

-Life x1

-Requires Saffvil to be ground up and have the whole powder mixed in with the Base.

Effects

Should the Syringe, containing 1 charge of Gravedigger’s Grime be injected into anywhere on a Dead, once living thing, it will dramatically increase the rate at which they decompose, veins popping, petals crumbling, eyes bursting, matter slowly returning to the earth and the Individual’s skin slowly breaking down into nothing in a matter of minutes, leaving nothing but bones (should it be a Person), and nothing whatsoever should it be a Plant. 

This lasts permanently, and may not be undone.

Redlines

-Will not remove bones

-Will not decompose anything that the Syringe cannot inject into (such as Trees).

-May not be used on anything living, may be used to get rid of dead skin however, and will not spread onto anything living.

-Requires ST signing

-This is a Tier Three Potion.

-This is considered Rare Knowledge

Redlines

-These Syringes are not like modern syringes, and so do hurt greatly upon Injection.

-Should any of these potions be administered in a form other than Injection it will be like drinking normal Water, providing little sustenance and no effects whatsoever.

-An Alchemist is unable to learn how to make a Syringe based on the knowledge to make the Potion alone.

-The Potion must be contained in a Syringe.

Troublesome Tossables

The glass smashed across the cold, stone, his mixtures spilling and bursting everywhere, enacting exactly what they had designed them for. A form of Potion requiring velocity and impact.

Goblin’s Gold

A bright yellow, slimy mixture, appearing and acting almost solid, like melted gold, which must be contained within a large Bottle/Flask, capable of holding 2 measures of Gullible Gold for it to have a reaction.

Recipe

Base: Lard

-Impediment x2

-Rigidity x2

-Endurance x2

(This Recipe makes 2 Measures)

Effects

Should the Bottle, containing 2 charges of Goblin’s Gold , be thrown and cracked, or otherwise be met with enough force for its container to shatter, it will proceed to slowly drain all of the contents as it produces coins of mina, spitting them out at the places around it almost endlessly, though they cause no harm, and serve as nothing but a distraction, by the end of this twenty mina will have been formed and sent flying out from the spot the Potion landed in, capable of travelling no further than 10 blocks. This persists for 5 emotes, 4 coins sent out in each direction each emote, meaning those near must roll 10+ to not get hit if they are within a 10 block radius. This ‘Mina’ may be stored by anyone, should they wish, however it will feel and act as rubber.

Redlines

-Does not make proper mina

-Does not cause actual harm or bruises, may distract or induce very minor pain

-Should more than 4 people be present not all must roll, only those closest

-Requires ST signing

Termite Tonic

A disgusting, brown, chunky blend contained gently within a bottle that must contain 2 measures of it for it to have any effect.

Recipe

Base: Lard

-Endurance x2

-Chaos x1

-Life x1

(This Recipe makes 1 measure)

Effects

Should the Bottle, containing 2 measures of  Termite Tonic, be thrown and cracked, or otherwise be met with enough force for its container to shatter, the Potion itself will slowly dissipate over the course of 5 emotes, in which, should the Potion be thrown and cracked on wood, it will begin to decay the wood greatly, as if it were being eaten by a colony of Termites,regardless of where its contents spill, it will release a foul scent which will draw all Termites in a 10 block radius out, should there be any.

Redlines

-The Scent and Potion effects only last for 5 emotes, though the Termites may last for longer, they act as normal Termites.

-Does not affect anything that is not wood.

-The Potion encourages forth actual termites, should, for any reason, it not be their proper environment, or it be a situation where they are unable to come out, they will not.

-Should more than 4 people be present not all must roll, only those closest

-Requires ST signing

-This is considered Common Knowledge

Throwable Potions Explanation/Redlines

-All Potions under ‘Troublesome Tossables’ are required to be contained within a Bottle or a Flask, and will not fit a Vial.

-All Potions under ‘Troublesome Tossables’ will not work unless they have 2 measures.

-All Potions under ‘Troublesome Tossables’ will not work unless thrown with enough force to smash.

-All Potions under ‘Troublesome Tossables’ cannot simply be smashed, for speed and impact plays a key part in the Potion working.

-All Potions under ‘Troublesome Tossables’ can only be used once, due to the nature in which they must be used, and cannot be retrieved once thrown.

Credits

GodEatingCommie-Me. 

Reviewers-Throughout the brief time I’ve been writing this Lore I’ve had some People who have given their thoughts and feedback throughout the process of making it, some of which have greatly helped me and guided me to remove or modify a Potion in a certain way.

Thank you: 

DiscoLiquid

Vitalian

Dargrind

Shvorky

And anyone else who has given me any form of advice or general feedback throughout the process of this Lore.

Edited by GodEatingCommie

Fae’s Freshener, Gravedigger’s Grime and Termite’s Toxin all seem too weak and niche to be Tier 3 and Rare Knowledge. I’d recommend bumping them down to Tier 1 or 2 and Common. Goblin’s Gold should also be Tier 1, since the coins’ radius attack doesn’t do any actual damage beyond a nuisance or distraction. Greater Green seems a tad unbalanced. Maybe add some kind of counter to its effects or complication in it’s creation, since being able to disable spellcasting is very powerful.

nice lore, only issue is it has that small nag of just telling you the ingredients without mentioning the actual creation process. Still a +1

9 hours ago, _SuitAndTie_ said:

Fae’s Freshener, Gravedigger’s Grime and Termite’s Toxin all seem too weak and niche to be Tier 3 and Rare Knowledge. I’d recommend bumping them down to Tier 1 or 2 and Common. Goblin’s Gold should also be Tier 1, since the coins’ radius attack doesn’t do any actual damage beyond a nuisance or distraction. Greater Green seems a tad unbalanced. Maybe add some kind of counter to its effects or complication in it’s creation, since being able to disable spellcasting is very powerful.

Thank you for the feedback! I have made some appropriate changes to Tier’s and Common/Rare knowledge correlating to some of the Potions. I have not modified Greater Green due to the belief that anyone on drugs, or a drug like Substance, including those in the world of LOTC would be unable to cast when not properly focused, this is intended as a drawback of its use, and I believe very few would be able to properly jab someone with a Syringe mid-fight, in all honesty, though I may make changes in the future.

Fae’s Freshener seems a bit unbalanced. I personally believe that all elixirs should have some sort of a downside to the temporary or permanent boon it provides, following the rule of equivalent exchange.

1 hour ago, Tyrone1 said:

Fae’s Freshener seems a bit unbalanced. I personally believe that all elixirs should have some sort of a downside to the temporary or permanent boon it provides, following the rule of equivalent exchange.

Sort of disagree here. All the potion does is make you look pretty, at the cost of some fairly rare symbols and one of the ingredients being from a niche player race. 

On 8/27/2020 at 5:39 PM, _SuitAndTie_ said:

Sort of disagree here. All the potion does is make you look pretty, at the cost of some fairly rare symbols and one of the ingredients being from a niche player race.

Actually, there’s yet to be an potion that’d be potent enough to entirely remove any scarring from one’s body i believe, or i could be blind. Flora is rather easy to come by since it’s already a common thing, even the ‘rarer’ ones. It doesn’t matter whether the potion itself is powerful and whatnot, i just find potions that follow the rule of equivalent exchange, as it realistically should be, are far more intriguing and logical. Though that’s just my own opinion, they can do as they wish.

On 8/28/2020 at 11:50 PM, Tyrone1 said:

Actually, there’s yet to be an potion that’d be potent enough to entirely remove any scarring from one’s body i believe, or i could be blind. Flora is rather easy to come by since it’s already a common thing, even the ‘rarer’ ones. It doesn’t matter whether the potion itself is powerful and whatnot, i just find potions that follow the rule of equivalent exchange, as it realistically should be, are far more intriguing and logical. Though that’s just my own opinion, they can do as they wish.

I've been looking back at this and made changes accordingly, significantly nerfing (the rather strong) 'Fae's Freshener'

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.