[Event] The Siege of Thalor

Covey

_ . _
~ THE SIEGE OF THALOR ~

Entrance_2.png?width=1326&height=677

Amidst the rolling hills and towering spruces sat a desolate city. The humble town evaded the ravaged civilizations of Arcas in the deep wilds. The wildlands had harbored the quaint town of Thalor since the Descendants’ arrival to Arcas. Its once-bustling streets have grown silent and now stands as a testament to times long past, times of simplicity and ease. Thalor remained as a sole reminder to nature and its ever-churning repossession of that which is done by the Descendants. Its towering walls crumbled under the oppressive weight of time, seen through its shattered bricks of stone; however, the presiding walls’ looming presence demanded reverence. The whistling breeze echoed through the crumbling buildings and windows, as it had for many decades. Patches of grass and weeds had sprouted up in the cracks between the cobbled roads as if a flower continuing to bloom. Thalor had returned itself to nature in a peaceful manner. Unkept, yet unbound.

Thus, Thalor sat in eternal peace for many years to come.

The reserved tranquility of nature and civilization’s coexistence was soon shattered by Descendant presence. The Blackhand gang brought themselves before the formidable walls of stone and moss. The intimidating walls of darkened stone were welcoming to the bandits, strangely enough. It was as if the wind had encouragingly pulled the bandits within the encampment solely out of the desire for civilization.

The presence of the Blackhand gang was noted by the Brothers of Virtue. The Brotherhood gathered a party to remove the ruffians and allow for quietude to resurface in the ruinous city. Alas, no peaceful conclusion would be reached between the two parties. 

No peace would ever be found within the walls of Thalor again after such bloodshed. A party of soldiers had forcibly removed an equally aggressive group to preserve the peace.

Perhaps it is best for Descendants to not reclaim that which nature has taken for itself.

[OOC]

This event has concluded.

Thanks for one hell of an eventline, @Motherchild!

7 minutes ago, NLThomas said:

Kallian sweats in commiting war crimes

Audry laughs in committing arson.

From her sea-side residence in Savinia, Kayah de Madera smiles fondly upon reading the missive. "Ah, Anduin. I am so proud of you, si."

Annabelle Kelmenour rocks her child gently back and forth before lifting her sleeping daughter’s hand to give a small wave to Anduin as he arrived home. “I’m glad to see you’ve arrived to the Eye of Man safely!” She’d smile before she handed her daughter to him. 
@Covey

——— 

I wasn’t able to attend personally, but it was a wonderful event put on by @Motherchild! Great job homie, I can’t wait to see you host more!

Brotherhood.gif

Alicjo Verrana sits at a messy desk, handwritten notes under candlelight, reflecting-- brooding on his assessment of the contract. The man peels the reading glasses from behind his ears in a huff, tossing them atop the slew of papers as a hand slides into place over his bearded chin.

Yuelena sits in her chair over looking the waters of Sutica "Was it all necessary? Was it all worth going against the code?" she ponders as she looks out the window. A book lay in her lap with scribblings on fire evocation she had apparently been looking over before the thoughts begun to take hold. "Why did I do it?" a tear begins to roll down her face.

Edited by washeddvamain

Bruh, I was near the Thalor Wildlands settlement a bit ago, I'm gonna go cry now.