A Petitioner's Charge

Burnsider

A PETITIONER’S CHARGE

FOR THE REVELATION OF TRUTH 

NjnN2ivksKRXHV6QS1NJPwGBYRJY27cbqPqlR9h_KsPNVVQT3HNfKtYR59bb9XDiLwhMJV6BQp9IqhWEWc1vQOUDLIh4sBs_KvfPao7PclYHoJgwcsGdKI9iL_8LEMmE34XRW8xF

JspLvEPUoVRLmmPA1tMwNvejkDETn3CgipuQJAV01AZ8HvabmzUGQN7NXOixueQ3jqYkORMqg5rtyiNtm484STrAPRjKcUf32n4ra2zxaKquSTcUpNWirRIv2i0zGkjNODL18Aoa

To His Eminence Cyril Cardinal St. Publius and Father Dima Carrion, writers of the recent letters to the faithful entitled “From Illusion to Revelation,”

From Nicolas Barclay, Knight Prior and Quartermaster in the Palatine Guard Order of All-Saints,

Greetings.

In your recent letters to the faithful, you have made an account of an apparent miracle where the Blessed Seraphim of Leora appeared not once, but twice on this mortal plane. I read your letters with great interest and dismay. I come to you in this document as a neutral voice in this apparent disagreement among the Faithful. I am a man bound by oaths made to GOD to obey and guard the laws of GOD, the Creator, put down by the late James II. I was honored to have been trusted by his Holiness to have watched vigil over his deathbed, to pronounce his passing, and to stand guard outside the cathedral during the conclave to elect his successor. I am a devotee and follower of Canon Law, and I must abide by it.

Now, as we mourn a great man and look towards the future of the church as a new leader exercises his authority, we find that a number of the Faithful cast doubt upon the election that you yourself participated in. In point of fact, you yourself have announced a divine miracle of GOD casting doubt on that election. Under normal circumstances, the debate over the authenticity of miracles is best left to theological correspondence and intellectual synods. However, given the accusations brought forth in the recent Saint Days, and given that apparition charges that the Faithful break several Canon Laws, it is necessary that the authenticity of this miracle be decided in Ecclesiastical Trial.

Specifically, the apparition charges clerics to not show reverence and obedience to the High Pontiff (§II.I.4.2) and announces that the High Pontiff does not possess the divine right to exercise the full, supreme, and immediate power in the Church entire (§II.II.1.1). I cannot, in good conscience and after deep prayer and fasting over the last month, believe that the Blessed Seraphim would ask for the clergy to break Canon Law and to prevent the casting of a vote in conclave, as mandated by Canon Law.

Therefore, in an effort to ensure that the truth of the matter be displayed for all to behold, in my duty as a Knight Prior of the Order of All-Saints and as a Petitioner (§VII.II.1.1) of the Ecclesiatical Court, I do hereby bring charges against you both under §V.II.4.1 of Canon Law, that is “a person who falsifies miracles or sacraments incurs excommunication automatically.” I pray to GOD that the truth of these matters be laid to rest and the falseness of this apparition be determined.

I ask that you surrender yourselves to the Palatinate Guard immediately for trial, so that I am not forced to seek you out to bring you to custody.

May GOD go with you.

Ser Brandt Barclay coughs thrice as he finishes reading the announcement of the brought up charges towards Cyril, the name of whom he had just heard from Saint Tylos the other night. Brandt blinks a few times as he arches a brow "Mayhaps Saint Tylos has blessed my cousin with a similar visit to mines as well?" he'd ponder "Didn't know Nicolaus would make for a good lawyer either" the Barclay chuckled a bit "This should be interesting... though GOD save us from further division und bring us closer to the faith with these recent events" a lorraine was signed before Brandt then went about his own business

"For a man who quotes the canon law so eagerly he seems to be forgetting that Laurence was ineligible to be voted for as Pontiff. The college of cardinals may only vote on a man who is unmarried, ie this means no sexual activity has taken place and he has no children, however Laurence has been married and has had children therefore to vote for him would be a breach of canon law. Though it is saddening to see that the Barclays and even a knight sworn to the King and Queen can so easily overlook such a grave insult to their own queen, is this the state our nobility have become?" asked Hubert.

"The vow of celibacy has been disavowed, idiot." 

1 minute ago, Ademar said:

"The vow of celibacy has been disavowed, idiot." 

"It has, but canon law states that in order for a man to be elected Pontiff, he must have been unmarried, Laurence has been married and has fathered children which would logically make him ineligible." replied Hubert to Ademar. 

Holy Sir Nicolas had heard the rumors put out in response to his charges. He took up pen and paper and began to write:

To the man questioning my understanding of Canon Law, specifically regarding §II.II.2.12, I would remind them that the word “unmarried” occurs only three times in Canon law. Once here, once in regard to natural marriages amongst pagans, and one in §IV.I.2.3. In that last section, it states that, in the sacrament of marriage, “each prospective spouse must be unmarried.” The Church clearly allows widows and widowers to wed again and, therefore, the definition of unmarried applies to those who were once married, but have since lost their spouse. His Holiness is a widower and, therefore, at the time of his election, was indeed unmarried. If you would like to be instructed more on Canon law, I would be happy to speak to you further.

43 minutes ago, Boniface said:

"It has, but canon law states that in order for a man to be elected Pontiff, he must have been unmarried, Laurence has been married and has fathered children which would logically make him ineligible." replied Hubert to Ademar. 

"He is unmarried, he is widowed." Lajos states.