The Gymnasium: A Cult of Vanity and Indulgence

A parchment is nailed to the  notice board of Haelunor, by the front gates.

The Gymnasium: A Cult of Vanity and Indulgence

Mali’thill hold the Maehr’sae Hilyun’ehya close to their heart, the progress and health of the community over that of the individual. Which makes the fact a cult of lust and selfish vanity is seen as acceptable. Men with bare chests and even thighs roam the city, shouting and dribbling an ocean’s worth of sweat. Erecting statues of the harems of women they claim to have, spending years dedicated to nothing but building more muscle.

They are fully capable of building their bodies in other ways, though labor to benefit the state. Yet they crowd in buildings that reek of body odor, buildings they profess to be churches.

It’s clear this gymnasium is a religious cult, one that focuses on not the worship of any deity, but one’s own body. The pursuit of vanity in favor of progress for the whole, of lust and bodily pleasures.

Solaria Soulheart

Kael takes a brief respite from his 8 hour mirror flexing marathon, his well oiled skin rippling in the 360 degree mirror room of his house that he had made his art studio. "It never does to display your envy in such a roundabout way fe'thill. If you want an autograph you can just ask. I'm always happy to do anything for my fans. Unfortunately my fellow muscle'thill and I are too busy pursuing physical purity to distract ourselves by giving you attention" With that he would depart his studio, a number of pristine Kael statues waiting in the wings for deployment about the city. Beautifying the city was hard work. But someone had to do it.

3b8bec8806c840bf022fa8686eb88b66.png

Haskir strikes a pose, rippling with muscle as he flexes his herculean form. "So much envy." He changes the pose, on-lookers swooned by the absolute alpha nature of immaculate display that is the pantera. "So much disdain." Grasping a rope connected to a large bronze ball, he spun in a circle before performing a hammer throw, launching the weight some forty-five meters. "They wish they were me."

Ironically, the Kharajyr sweats from his padded feet and hands, and therefore he still smells like roses unlike the propaganda's claim.

image.thumb.png.13c32aa2ca2ec964730d6b3b54f7794c.png

After the crowd around dispersed, he weakly took a seat to pant in exhaustion. Being beautiful was tired work.

Othelu spit on the ground, one of his palatial servants scrambling to their feet to wipe it up as he lifted the heavy dumbbell up from its position between his knees. He had the missive read to him rather than reading it himself, so blurry was his vision from illness, and yet still he pumped.

"Cult? I think they must've misheard. We're not talking about getting cults. We're talking about getting cut."

Emy-mmkHNw2FX3vcfkbMYTEj6rEIGGsH8NE6krzT

"THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS!" Axel Archibald Lichenstein V shouts, before flexing into a thinking pose, his muscles glistening in the sunlight. "I will not allow the name of us muscle'thill to be slandered in this manner!" He flexes into another pose briefly before stopping the flexing. For now. "We do not seek vanity! Only physical perfection! ONLY BEING EXQUISITE!"

lichenchad.thumb.PNG.4ee68ebbf062e500764122612e415d62.PNG