[✗] World Lore - Blood Shroom

KKgame1

Description

"Boletus sanguis" or "Blood Shroom"

is a blood red mushroom with white spots similar to a toadstool however these mushrooms have a constant flow of blood coming from the lower side of the mushroom wich then gets absorbed by the ground and the mushroom roots sucking it back up. this creates a constant puddle of blood around the mushroom. 

Raw State + Effects

in its natural state the mushroom is just a bubble with blood inside. The white spots on it are a highly infectious liquid wich will fire out after being popped. If that fluid would hit the skin of any lliving creature it will burn the skin with its slightly acidic abilities and infuse itself into the bloodstream, at wich point it will spread to the skin and grow mushrooms on the then called 'Host'. 

That the mushrooms on said host will feed of their blood until eventually the host dies of blood loss. Due to the mushrooms evolution however it may take up to 2 ooc weeks for them to for to the point of dripping blood.

1st stage: minor skin itches (4 ooc days)

2nd stage: Skin patches turning red with white spots. ( 1 ooc week)

3rd stage: Mushrooms start growing on the red patches (1.5 ooc weeks)

4th stage: mushrooms start dripping blood, death is imminent (2 ooc weeks)

Uses

This White fluid can also be used as a poison however it has a veary dominant sour taste so it is unlikely to stay hidden.

It can also be used in medicine to produce blood however it has a low chance of actually integrating itself into the blood (anything above 17 on a 20 roll)

when it does however it will integrate itself into the blood stream perfectly and will noot infect if the white liquid is not present.

A failed intogration will simply lead to nausea and in the worst couses a coma.

Farming

It is possible to farm these mushrooms as the white liquid also counts as a seed. The alternative way is to get a mushroom in contact with 1 liter of blood wich will convert it to a blood shroom

Illustration of the Mushroom:

unknown.png

1. Blood dripping

2. Poisons

3. 3rd stage infection (shortly before lethal level)

4. Can be contained in a simple glass container

Note: Please excuse my writing mistakes as English is not my first language.

Edited by KKgame1

Hey there KKgame saw your note at the end of your post, if you have a discord go ahead and add me, I can help edit your future lore posts (which I hope there are plenty of!) and even help you format your posts to make em look all fancy!

breeni#2442

This lore has been denied. 

I would advise you look into the lore-criteria & submissions post for ideas of how to improve your concept, if you wish to go further with it. I would aswell look into other pieces of flora lore to get an idea of what to look for- generally, I'd just spend more time familiarizing yourself with lore and the server to get a feel for how your next submission will go.

Thank you for your submission, have a good day.