[Skanarri Eventline] A Missive to the Kings Council

Javert

Argos grumbled at the sight of his defeated warriors returning home from battle. The sound of the cold northern winds was all that was heard as he watched his battle scarred men walk into the village. They would be met with nothing but silence. There were no cheers, no tears of relief, nothing. it was pure silence.

"This...cannot stand." Argos muttered to himself. "This war has been fought to a near stalemate. There must be a way to break this." The aging chieftain sighed as he walked into the ruined house he had claimed for himself.

Just a few stone hours later, a missive found its way to the halls of the Throne room, it read as follows:

Pin on English

A Message to King Sven and the Norlandic council,

My name is High Chieftain Argos, leader of the men you call "Savages". I would like to begin by saying one of your Norlandic friends was very...kind to write this for me. Fear not, following the delivery of this message to you, they will be released in good order back to the stinking shithole you call a capital. Either way, I wanted to send you this message not as a warning, but as an offer of peace. I have seen how our men tear each other apart on the battlefield, and I must admit over the course of our fighting you lot have earned my respect. I see that there are many ways our two peoples can live without the total annihilation of the other. The very kind Norlandic writer will include below my terms for an end to the fighting between my people and yours.

1. Norland shall relinquish claims over the ruined village and surrounding lands leading up to the patch of farmland south of the village, this village being what your captured scouts have referred to as "Nueva Tierra."

2. My people and the Kingdom of Norland will enter into a trade pact, the specifics can be discussed at a later date

3. Norland will cease scouting the lands surrounding "Nueva Tierra" and my people will cease raiding the lands south of the aforementioned village

4. Norland and my people will agree to mutual recognition of sovereignty over our lands

5. My people will give a full apology for all damage caused to the people of Norland

6. Norland and my people will agree to a mass body exchange of all fallen warriors slain by either side.

I send these terms to the King's Council in good faith that the right decision will be made, lest more blood must be spilt at the hands of our warriors. I expect your response within the next ten stone hours.

A rather sloppy signature could be seen on the paper

Argos, chIef of SkanarrI

Spoiler

OOC:

This missive was only sent to the King's Council and its members, therefore this knowledge is only known to them at this time. Any other form of acknowledgement will be considered metagaming unless said knowledge is made public by members of the King's Council.