[✗] [Magic Lore] Bardmancy - to Whimsical Storytelling

Werew0lf

Just now, JustGrim said:

Can I do this with clackers 

image.jpeg.e04e4137905c61d7e98f199f44c774f3.jpeg

Yeah, redline specifically says that ST can just be contacted if you feel an instrument should be listed (the list is just a vague assertion, it’s mainly common sense, I’d probs put the clackers as percussion-type)

Yes please, it’d be very nice to see more small rp based magics. +1

upvote n comment something nice maybe

1 minute ago, Werew0lf said:

Yeah, redline specifically says that ST can just be contacted if you feel an instrument should be listed (the list is just a vague assertion, it’s mainly common sense, I’d probs put the clackers as percussion-type)

I am overjoyed

Bardmancy is cool and I’ve always felt it has a place on the server. While the power source is slightly confusing to me im pretty sure I’m just missing something so I’ll assume the lord the of deep cum is the power source. That being said, I think that giving bardmancy a major combat application might not be a great idea. Perhaps making each subset of instrument prioritize something different (percussion being combat, strings being healing, and wind being ritual, for example) might not be a bad idea, but I definitely don’t have too many qualms with it as is. Percussion could use a tad bit more variety in ability, and maybe tone the entire magic down to a feat. Using a magic slot for 3 spells and a storytelling mechanism seems a bit unnecessary. But these are merely my criticisms, and I’m known for ice cold takes, and overall I like the lore, so it’s a +1 from me

Edited by TheTri

1 minute ago, TheTri said:

Bardmancy is cool and I’ve always get it has a place on the server. While the power source is slightly confusing to me im pretty sure I’m just missing something so I’ll assume the lord the of deep cum is the power source. That being said, I think that giving bardmancy a major combat application might not be a great idea. Perhaps making each subset of instrument prioritize something different (percussion being combat, strings being healing, and wind being ritual, for example) might not be a bad idea, but I definitely don’t have too many qualms with it as is. Percussion could use a tad bit more variety in ability, and maybe tone the entire magic down to a feat. Using a magic slot for 3 spells and a storytelling mechanism seems a bit unnecessary. But these are merely my criticisms, and I’m known for ice cold takes, and overall I like the lore, so it’s a +1 from me

Yeah it’s lord of the deep cum, and I feel you. I was going to do something similar, I.e percussion being more shock-type, string being most attack-type and wind being more defence-type, just got sorta riddled. 

I made it magic-level instead of feat because it can be used on-par with every other race, just thought it’d be a bit fishy if it was feat-level only. I think it would be cool to see additions of this in the future should this ever get accepted. 

Bro! Ur lore is good. Like the musical chairs cantrip 

Absolutely awesome, really like the concept. I hope it gets through, even if the combative parts are nerfed. The storytelling spells seem really interesting to me, would honestly love to have it for the RP I used to do on Norli way back.

Perhaps one day my dream of a banjo-wielding Wonk will come true. +1

Yooo, as a Druid who uses a violin as her 'staff', I'd love to see this blend well with what I currently got.

This isn't voidal right? So I could learn this and use it as a druid?

I am thoroughly impressed with this write, so hats off to you, Werewolf. My only note is that I feel this magic could be given more of a support role in crp, but otherwise I thoroughly enjoy this piece. Bravo!