[Skanarri Eventline] Troubles Anew

Javert

ArtStation - Acaratus - Camp Winter Storm Backdrop -, Klaus Pillon | Camping  art, Fantasy landscape, Nature art

Spoiler

In the cold nights of the far north, tensions were brewing

A few dozen Skanarri men and women had met in one of the houses of the occupied village of Nueva Tierra. The burnt walls of the surrounding houses offered little to no protection against the freezing winds, but still these few dozen met. All were angry, hurt, even betrayed. It had only been about a year since the Cease Fire had been agreed upon by Norland and the Skanarri, and yet still these few were angry.

One of the members present spoke up, his fists balled and resting in his lap. "Making peace with Norland...why in the name of the Gods would Argos do such a thing?"

The man stood up, looking around to the others present with a fire in his eyes.

"Does he not realize that Norland is weak? Ripe for Conquest? Does he not realize that after the thousands of deaths, there can be no peace?" 

Some began to nod in agreement, but others were more cautious. Despite his supposed betrayal of his own people, Argos was still a respected and strong leader. The man who had, despite a great many losses, defied Norlandic supremacy over the Northwest. Still...there was a great sense of mistrust among a minority of the combined tribes. That is why they met on this night, to discuss what should be done with their supposedly astray High Chieftain.

The man spoke up yet again, addressing the warriors present.

"Our people need a leader who is willing to push to the bitter end, not seek resolve with the weak! The Skanarri cannot become the laughing stock of the North!"

Now, as he spoke again, more warriors began to nod in agreement. Some looked to each other and muttered words to each other, others looked to the man attentively. 

It was now that the man withdrew his sword and held it to the sky, the night sky made clear by the holes caused by the burning years ago. And now, he spoke with a fiery confidence as he eyed each and every Skanarri man and woman there.

"My name is Grejon the Warrior, I have fought and bled with all of you, and I have witnessed the slow decline of our High Chieftain whom I once called my friend. I was present for the Siege four years ago, and as many of you know, Argos was not present himself. Why do you think that was? I think that Argos has become a Norlandic slave!"

Many of the people present began to ball their fists and grit their teeths...was their leader truly becoming what they thought he was? For many, this was too much to bear.

"Stand with me, Brothers and Sisters, and help me drive out the man who has betrayed our people!"

The people present roared out, many lifting their weapons into the air and chanting out the name of Grejon.

The peace in the North is no longer secure.