✠ ON RANKS AND RANKING UP ✠

Guzr

ON RANKS AND RANKING UP

In the Supreme Order of Exalted Owyn

lidbstYClINvCq9DQRLQ3SIf3YKPlLS7l_bCGjcGBeDZ3ZMwB2xazuDyZtf6PfYYFIRmLIzCRtbUHbDUzAFF_78n0OeFWmn1vYLD2eSsBKPSSBXh6YTnnd9Qya8-j2uGUBGCljPs

GO3kujBiUKFVM3VoZlQ5qZ4XsEy8nbc90CsW_toZxg7yyKCs82bYOzgWqgdxq4tlWDireeHGfTKYnPGGs0OzS0ZrA8NU1cVZg2heGvOaSQxT_a_xrYiCOktYTjJre0nkmKk3JnCS

Holy Dame Helena fighting the Throqul on her Knightly Quest

HLsIJBvLBo9Xzsc4dpC4E_jX7etE4kil7TGLT6-8tXxM4r-0Ihk-_NGQoRgmDIgX1HYIb1k4Hspc3E-rIL-3W6Uj9h0gwDIFlXOBR6JRlYevSApZ-RDqHHWNJ9u-TuYHsKcYcwUj

CONTENTS:

IIntroduction

II. Armiger Rings

III.Specializations

INTRODUCTION:

Whilst the freedom of choice in how to train an squire often bears fruit the ease of many a Knight’s mind, it seldom conjures an enjoyable and educational experience for said squire. 

Thus, Imperator-Equester Edwin de Sarkozy with the blessing of Apostolic General Armand de Rennes calls forth the streamlining and outlining of how exactly to train a Squire, and in what ways they shall be educated.

Along with this, new specializations will also be added within the Order of which a Knight can choose to train themself in. This document will detail the specifics of both these changes made in the year 1831.

ARMIGER RINGS:

cJu8APF6Mi8h_z3jtr9OSLceNF4jxC9rScmBuwdXb6xAYZKTxzMkRLXyyjHBsRjDnvGH38kqDLOhmNGkJhKQqjsQ4EPMcMh8L5ifh6YA1L8TpnMCPzHutilyxte3Reenzc95uOmG

For years a Squire’s education was simply up to the Knight of whom they squired under. Whilst most Squires received ample training and experience, occasionally a Squire would rise to Knighthood without ever being taught to swing a sword. 

This process will prohibit such. To reach Knightood, an Armiger of the Supreme Order of Exalted Owyn must first receive three rings. Each of these rings will be received after the Knight has trained the Armiger in the certain field.

For example, after a Knight has trained his Armiger in horsemanship, he is able to bestow the Horseman ring onto his Armiger.

The following rings are available:

• St. Peter of Gaekrin’s ring (Swordsmanship training)

• St. Daniel of Al’Khazar’s ring (Education of the Holy Scrolls)

• St. Edmond of Lachsin’s ring (Horsemanship)

• St. Evaristus of Paridisus’ ring (Hunting and Butcher-training)

• St. Thomas of Ager’s ring (Smithing training)

Upon receiving 3 / 5 of these rings, the Armiger can advance to their Knightly Quest; thereafter their treatise (of which both are decided by the Knight that trains them) and finally their Knighthood. 

Every Armiger is expected to develop their own arms and heraldry before their knighthood, for they will wear these colors on their armor once they do. They are to approach the Order’s vexillographer and request a design be made. 

Y8X-VyQz1J73_vt6BUMqB3kar3jO-KKOQR1qUmBVy_mWpWhGKvWmgr2s0OoaSqKONZRyPYTeZ6ntAwbf9dHPczh9EyAL4jW4VzuyNQnTNffLGfI5cTVRTG7-lyap863lR-Qwd6_skkOuLDQef0kKVrgi0bU8wOeifK-gCD9oJtf08Oi0R5c8_IJwdO7PHvfy2R7lh7xL-JI9z-X7YNs1X_cecmP2JXNkgbkvPeMnmnxqLifFm_HzwwTdxdZpdNBXrTqzuI7FDmWpO5BeZLi4WR3ZofwJN-dhtf39Gj-Z3KZNyS3VdBloeA-taGKBMj6_ClUCyqpQSHluUs02B__eNWU4ruAqcTitIsy8u36DG2NfGKLi8POSU49i3N6TdFrhRDs5ZIHpLREPRUaLBZNyOu9t

An example of three arms that are currently in use. 

However, Knighthood is not where an Equester’s education ends. They can further extend their knowledge into specializations.

SPECIALIZATIONS

JbvMe1rp5GUQUhtJo5CjsFujLZRQlTjwjpWxXuLysltLXNaOUNshgtc-dJ1IHYlqUbOjnTXCGbOIwVAcqYXFbUczxPO-dqBKuShUx2o-K_ehHlalRT3IDnIMkrwVepnWLxuBFijm

Knighthood can be an experience burdened by boredom and loneliness. One can often find themselves without a goal or certain path to progress. Because of such, specializations have been organized to give the Knights individual purpose and continue their education.

They are as follows:

Hospitaller:

Sworn to protect the injured and healer, these Knights have taken up the call to be educated in all things medical. They are expected to be the medics on the field, retrieving the injured and tending to their wounds; aswell as holding regular trainings where they train other Armigers and Knights in becoming Hospitallers themselves.

Along with this responsibility, the Hospitallers swear a sacred vow upon completing their training:

“I, ______ , swear this: As long as my legs work, I will make way to aid any and all clinics. As long as my arms can move, my blade will swing in defense of the leper, injured and physician. As long as I draw breath, I will be a Hospitaller true and through. May God help me.”

Lectorem:

Dedicated to knowledge, these Knights have chosen to continue their education in the path of war-research. Many an alchemist and engineer take up this path, for they are to test and develop new ways of military defense aswell as offence for the Supreme Order. 

Siege-weapons, deadly tonics and intuitive manners of defence are expected to come from the Lectorem Specialization.

A sub-specialization of the Lectorum is the Philosophus. They will regularly hold debates, make sure the treatises are properly documented and record history and information to the best of their abilities.

Vexillographer:

A much rarer position than the other ranks, the Vexillographer is a specialization not many take up. They are to design and pen forth the Heraldry of new knights; ensuring they are displayed properly on the uniform and uphold Heraldic laws. 

Speculator:

Usually one of the Knight-Captains or Officer ranks, the Speculator is in charge of keeping the Order’s knights busy. He will venture out into the world and find spooks, bandits and other foes for the Order to fend off; aswell as conjuring activities at the Order’s headquarters in cooperation with the other specializations; such as jousts, feasts, debates, siege machine tests etc etc.

HLsIJBvLBo9Xzsc4dpC4E_jX7etE4kil7TGLT6-8tXxM4r-0Ihk-_NGQoRgmDIgX1HYIb1k4Hspc3E-rIL-3W6Uj9h0gwDIFlXOBR6JRlYevSApZ-RDqHHWNJ9u-TuYHsKcYcwUj

0L2zEpUYQDKb0ei9lWta7eBB0fOHtg8r7VcYIS2uzXoqVISSv7Jr_0DKZrq4mJHIAI0FiQ-zJqQLLhQDDxRQ08V6KcCTYeA0-szyPkz-f-GWm3JTneTAvxa54UFPykxtNNqX4qDk

This change will not be in effect for any Armiger recruited before the year 1832