✠ A TREATISE ON THE IMPORTANCE OF HERALDRIES ✠

Tetho

A TREATISE ON THE IMPORTANCE OF HERALDRIES FOR KNIGHTS 

24th of Sigismund End's 1831

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3EPzKj9.png

[!] The Heraldry of Hiryon Korthar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The importance of the heraldry depends on each Knights that you will ask. For some, it is for their Traditions, for their Honor, or for their Beliefs. Each Herald would have different types of symbols painted on it and each symbols would mean different, it is an honor to be able to receive a Heraldry whether they be a common man rising up to be a Knight or a Squire being granted his own Heraldry due to his actions, attitude, honor, and beliefs. The Heraldry symbolizes themselves and the Family that they are born into as it symbolizes the Honor and the Sacrifice that the Knights have made into the service of God and to the Holy Church. The Heraldry symbolizes you are the leader of Men, it can be used as an intimidation against your enemy, and used as a way to recognize your deeds in or out of the battlefield.

As I have said on my first paragraph, each symbols that you will be able to see on a Knight's Heraldry would have different meaning as for example, mine the Eagle was born from men of action, it is given to those of lofty spirit and ingenuity. The Wings would signify protection and the gripping talons symbolizing ruin to evildoers. The Eagle is held to represent a noble nature from it's strength and aristocratic appearances, that is why I written earlier that each heraldic symbols that you may see represent and reflect themselves. The Herald is used to identify the Knights in battlefields for their men, their retinues, and to their allies, you can see their heraldry on their shields, on their surcoat, retainer , and on their horses, the colors of the Heraldry will also follow the color of what armor they're wearing, their helmet, and their banners.

If you have a coat-of-arms, you are considered an Armigerous and if you have the same name as somebody who has a coat-of-arms you don't have the actual right to bear that coat-of-arms at all and that is the most important rule of Heraldry. A Heraldry can be borne by a particular person, it's an individual right which can be passed on to the Knight's offspring. Each Knights and Squires who have been granted to bear a coat-of-arms or heraldry should be proud of it as it symbolizes them. It symbolizes their honordignity, and pride.

In conclusion, Heraldry is what reflects yourself, it is what reflect your ideals and beliefs as a Knight. It is what identify you and your deeds that you will be doing in the service of God and to the Holy Church.

In our duty to God, we find purpose. In His service, we find peace.

GOD Bless

Signed by,

Armiger Hiryon Korthar of the Supreme Order of Exalted Owyn

Edited by Tetho
edited out some mistakes

Holy Sir Edwin smiled upon reading the treatise, immediately signing his merit and placing such in the records!

1Rwy_WLYTYNHUZD2Y-bE1q7NIkGlC8Ce7fkS8MU6

j0fpXI1u-dX_Y5iuyVzAwEoKVn7BaUgITRdmB8fzd6BK6mcr4JiUtV2MNIJjVviraO7LWyzpBcqna--MhAmc7tI-bHq4mHmgr0T9rJRxLaKwFvTY5wiUjDuTQQQ8U8he73OjhVqz

Equester-Imperator Edwin de Sarkozy the 'Flower Knight',

John Alexander Hartcold facepalms at the treatisecbeing one of the last heralds left of the land "This treatise is all wrong! A man or woman at that who olds a coat of arms is called an Armiger, not a herald. A herald is a man who grants and creates coats of arms. Squires do not receive a coat of arms, coats of arms are only granted to knights, gentry and the nobility"

12 minutes ago, TJBMinecraft said:

John Alexander Hartcold facepalms at the treatisecbeing one of the last heralds left of the land "This treatise is all wrong! A man or woman at that who olds a coat of arms is called an Armiger, not a herald. A herald is a man who grants and creates coats of arms. Squires do not receive a coat of arms, coats of arms are only granted to knights, gentry and the nobility"

"With all due respect Mister Hartcold an Armiger wrote this. In the Supreme Order of Exalted Owyn a Squire and Armiger are both titles held by the same rank. 

Lay off my Armigers" 

The Holy Knight replied

1 hour ago, Guzr said:

"With all due respect Mister Hartcold an Armiger wrote this. In the Supreme Order of Exalted Owyn a Squire and Armiger are both titles held by the same rank. 

Lay off my Armigers" 

The Holy Knight replied

"Mr Sakozy, i myself am an armiger, and the grandson of the late Imperial King of Arms for the Imperial Crownlands and Kaedrin"