[Skanarri Event] The Survivor's Migration

Javert

GoT3 - Mancerayders camp | Fantasy landscape, Game of thrones art, Fantasy  city

The Skanarri remnant preparing to leave Camp Fnod

It was years since the Sven's Day Massacre, yet the Skanarri still remained in Camp Fnod where they had retreated to. Now, in the temporary cease-fire between Norland and the Svarlings, the Skanarri saw their chance to escape the fighting completely. The Skanarri had seen and fought the Svarlings, and they were no ordinary Humans. Something about them seemed...off to the Skanarri. Regardless, it mattered little. If the Skanarri were going to flee the fighting, now would be better than later.

However, the fear of the Svarlings was not the only reason for the Skanarri's migration from the North-West. Even before the Sven's Day Massacre, the Skanarri had been running low on sources of food. Their farms at Ikarusbrug barely got them by combined with the wild fruits and game collected by the Skanarri hunters and gatherers. It had only gotten worse after that, and at Camp Fnod the Skanarri were critically low on food. Many families went to bed hungry, and seeing a man expire of starvation was no longer an uncommon occurrence. Thus, the Skanarri needed to find a new place to gather more resources. While they did once raid Norland for food, Norland itself did not provide much in the way of farmland to steal from, especially after the departure of Elysium from the Kingdom. That, and the late high chieftain had signed a non-aggression pact with King Vane. The Skanarri were desperate, but they were not completely honorless. They would not steal from their 'allies', even if only a decade ago they had been tearing each other's throats out for dominance in the North-West. Skanarri scouts had already found better land regardless. This land, just near the abandoned Principality of Rubern, put them directly North of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska. The Skanarri had been friendly with the Haeseni before in the face of the Svarling threat, but no official peace had been pre-established with Haense, and the Skanarri were desperate. And thus, the Skanarri tore down Camp Fnod and prepared to move.

The Skanarri had decided, they would migrate to the North-East in order to seek out better food sources by any and all means necessary. What this would entail would be up to the locals the Skanarri would soon come to border. Would it come to a peaceful resolution where the Skanarri could co-exist with their neighbors, or would it devolve into another violent theater of war in the northern part of Almaris?

Spoiler

OOC:

It's been a while since I did something Skanarri related, and I wanted to revive the events involving them. Now, this doesn't automatically mean an invasion of Haense, it simply means they will be moving into the vicinity of Haense. However, I would advise caution when choosing your course of action with the Skanarri. I know this post is rather short, but I didn't want to go all out just yet.