An Adunian home by the Sea

DrHope

Untitled214_20211121232420.png

Cartref Morr

19th of the Deep Cold, 50th year of the Second Era

[!] Upon those westernmost people who gazed into the starry night sky, one could see the vague shapes of birds fluttering amidst the clouds. There were flocks of them, each one carrying in their claws a singular piece of neatly folded parchment that held some tidings of importance. Like a stream, they flowed in differing directions towards the four winds, gliding along their currents as they bounded for distant realms. Heralding their arrival were the cacophony of caws that shrieked into the ears of all who hearkened to them. 

As they found purchase upon the shoulders of their respected receivers, they lowered the notes and soundly took off without another moment to linger. Each letter read the following...

"

Greetings son or daughter of Harren and Sarai, 

It is with great humility that I offer you a chance to start somewhere fresh, free from the political quarrels of nations and the zealous natures of would-be hunters. I offer you a chance to have a life somewhere safe, to have a part in restoring our culture in a manner to be proud of. Though others may promise wealth and prestige, we cannot offer you mina nor some illustrious title of renown, merely people of like-mind who share in the common belief of helping to restore our glory of centuries past. Yet beyond this daring dream, this ambition, or foolish notion, rests a much simpler truth.  We needn’t hide any longer. The need to bury ourselves in these acts of concealing our ancestry is a toxic poison that has left us but a husk of what could be a proud people.  What differences do we hold as a race in comparison to the realms of men we have taken after? What beyond our longer lives can we boast that sets us apart from the Orenian aristocrat or Hanseti noble? 

Whether your answer is the same as it was for myself and the others who’ve joined me or not, we await your arrival here at Cartref Mor.

Signed John, Lord of Cartref Mor

zOocct7_bdRGS7aFqOANO-yaeOxT_2G-Ht_1XO5Fdq_h904uKyzk41AC6XvJ1yFX59_uj-QNeHOQ5H2fHtTly70_gMWg-OjBtxHopQFVsjGAHPOtSGY4akdJQMIMa_mNHZYtjnxr