A Wyrmstalker Sortie: Log 1

Valannor

Spoiler

[!] This log is only available to the Order of the Golden Lion, Order of the Sunlit Spear, and the Vigils of Light. Do not meta.

H3iMkFQMFL3qNxvvJJbfmfL_G2XC0tdmnBPuC-dmfnChTysxK3ddZ4TLHAFKyks2bqDgGbbbCDBxl_2BL1WmQtnB8490dtC7JGbxuBDzDkQt7Z5KXGnjrAQdObDtX0QpxG4eeDDF

sahKlP0isvYlbGcD4h2EoEEsBoHKHB1UOtZuaWXieoVP_L3gXbvnwfGXEmnM5f6BP9P4Y2wE41n1s5xFZs7J4ybYfaWE9TEt1nvUwxiigaVogp44O1z75NIYoKJCpduJWIjf8_dW

18th of Snow's Maiden, Year 55 of the Second Age

I find myself equal measures wroth and mirthful as I write this log, in truth. At the dawn of the day prior I had elected to act on information given to me by our Druidic allies pertaining to the location of destroyed Obelisks, the affiliation of an individual with the Dragonflight of the Titan, and records I found publicly available within the southern Princedom. It was perhaps no later than noon when I had elected to marshall a force to go and investigate the rumors surrounding Caer Raywyn, a hub of magickal activity within the Kharasi and territories of the Savoyard people - an elven settlement, shockingly enough. Three individuals elected to join me on the excursion; Sister Solheim, Ser Cross, and Seeker Hana. We likely arrived at the Kharasi some time on the morrow, our provisions stocked as we bade farewell to the Qali men who gave us passage. From there, we travelled by foot southwards, until we reached the location of interest. 

Upon our arrival, we located a pen of malnourished sheep which bleated and cried - their forms gaunt, thin… rather unnerving, even to myself. We decided that a life in the wilderness was better than no life at all for these poor creatures, and so we let a vast majority of them flee into the wild, from where we had hacked the fencing apart to get inside. Upon exiting the pen, we trailed around the primary structure until we found an individual clad in blackened armor - this individual was swiftly bound, and himself searched for signs of draconic influence, of which an Azdromothian blade of incredibly fine craftsmanship was located. The individual was then rendered unconscious by means of a blow to the cranium, and left upon the doorstep to recover. He will be receiving a gift in the mail shortly for his cooperation, and to celebrate the holiday season. 

Following this, we entered the primary structure and crept inside, locating numerous objects and targets of interest. For the purposes of security, this log will omit the finer details, but an additional three enemies of Order were identified, as well as the settlement's dabbling in sanguine magicks - blood sorcery, a foul art which rends reality itself asunder for ambitious, selfish gains. It is possible that sanguine magi exist amongst their number, though this is pure speculation. A number of religious texts pertaining to Asioth were also found - the doctrine of the Nephilim and their Titan. A strange artefact was, likewise, located - and promptly rendered inert and broken by a swing from Hana's Warhammer; a pillar sat atop a table, upon which numerous sheets of parchment were laid. Additional exploration was attempted, some fruitful, while the doors of the establishment repelled us most other times; seemingly adamantine in strength against the bulk of warriors. Exiting the building, we decided to employ the use of a ballista that the residents had sat in the open, which Sister Solheim utilized to destroy a strange and foul obelisk that was initially out of our reach, embedding the bolt into the wall of the structure and obliterating the menhirous spire of corruption in a single well placed shot. 

As time passed, the moon had begun to creep from the horizon, and we bade farewell to the destruction we had wrought. By this point, we returned to the oasis to discover a collective of Druii in diplomatic talks with the Dragonkin, a strange and fortunate, or perhaps unfortunate, coincidence that had befallen us all. Though belligerence was present, a few of the Dragonkin's number and I discussed and greeted one another respectfully, wishing happy holidays and the like. One in particular, who spoke with a voice like flame, caught my interest - an exceedingly wise individual of the Nephilim race, who held no outward malice in the moment, and who kept a level head once confronted. Dangerous. Do not advise approaching unless strong of will. The Druii attempted to tell us that we had not arrived to what we clearly had, and were told that a talk would be had between the Order and the Druii in order to ensure a clear story was given. Snakes speak with forked tongues. It will be intriguing to hear what they wish to say.

This day was a productive one, though warfare is a sordid affair, and not one to always be enjoyed. We struck a great blow against the Nephilim, and now that one hole has been located, it shall be flushed and cleansed of the serpents who have taken root within. The Vanguard arrives soon, and the Unconquered Sun shall set upon the Atoll. 

This concludes Log 1.

The Shrike.

64S2KAQTNmJOQYqyyuZIrf3AbGg4AL2fWUIEK25gMEsU57QQSpSoHi7cXqTdnvUODvfVnfSUReJujngFpPdmpOHnguBHoFlphNUP9VGOeyUasX6XvZrkb0FC1yZtBxyo-feTTTEn

Spoiler

Pog rp all the way around my boys, many thanks to @Big_Flopppa for being such a cool and chadly individual when he got ganked. A true champion lad, if I ever saw one!

Though we're sorry about the bolt in your wall...

e36c23b2a469192a624a2989a02f466e.jpg

db1702ba26692a0ba010c62816aa738d.png

1f3dee7d080d1f4776e64308aaccc5f1.png

176476c581184e266f8b2a52d5faee37.png

81d322bfb472d4b675d40af6b1a70ce8.png

d344709d85a909b80c5a393c1b5c8d49.png

1350aa61ce53b5ba3f417bb5d32ffb34.png

An innocent wizard with his collection of rare draconic texts and scrolls of blood magic for purely scholarly research laments and the destruction of his obelisk again.

A Kharajyr peers over the work of those who had attacked within the manor under his protection. He once, a day prior, thought peace was possible with the druii. No -- it was time for desolation. They had dared to ask for peace to then attack again.

"There will be no peace."

Three eyes burned like jewels afire in high places, delivering a song of molten gold unto the wind. There, it dreamed great dreams, of prosperity at the cost of sacrifice. Was the world not bent after all, to equivalent exchange ?