A letter of request.

Dear Ashguard Marshal, King Vane and all from the Ruric clan,

I have decided after a long, long think that I would much rather be ashed from the tree. I’ve been ignored, bullied and neglected. I want to go to places where I can have a true family and I would be able to do that if I didn’t have the stupid Ruric name trailing me.

You build your life of honor and trust papa, but you reminded me time and time again how much you only care when it benefits you.

I can no longer live a life in a place that doesn’t care for me as much as I care for them. I’ve tried to rebuild relationships but it’s clear none want to listen. 

I’m nine. No nine year old should be treated like this, Orenians treat me better than you ever did.

Ash me from the damn tree, I don’t want my name to be stained by people who don’t care for their kin.

Aren’t my cousins glad they finally don’t have to be related to someone as controlling as me? Isn’t my brothers over the moon that I’m no longer their boring and silly sister?

Here I will write down things I’ve been called by adults and children alike;

‘Violent’

‘Killer’

‘Not a real princess’

‘Alone’

‘Selfish’

‘A danger’

‘Tiring’

‘Waste of space’

‘Trouble child’

‘Quarrelsome brat’

‘Nuisance’

‘Weird’

‘Hag’

‘Silly’

Norland shouldn’t be known for being kind and open, they should be known for this too.

I was bullied by a nation. I had no one to turn to, I tried so hard. I really did.

Remove me from the Ruric’s, I see a life ahead of me out of it but whilst in this family, I see one cut short.

Danke for the first five years of my life, back when I was a small toddler who could hardly speak. Back when I didn’t realize how awful people truly are.

Signed,

Astrid.

Spoiler

OOC: I mean no ill intent to anyone, in fact this is one of the most timid things Astrid could do.

Edited by Rattussmackus

Leyna Edvardsson read this over, one time, then again and again. Mulling over the words on the page, a tear falling down her face, "Ashed from the tree? Oh Astrid, my favorite of the Eiriksson's. I don't wish this upon you. I am sorry my children, and family have treated one of their own so wrongly... I will speak on this, if I didn't then I myself would deserve to be ashed. May the Allfather guide you, young one."

Rævna still thought that violence was the answer, and was quite disappointed that nobody agreed.

Alric receives the news that his favorite niece was requesting to be Ashed, he'd scratch his head and pen a short letter.

Dear Astrid,

It saddens me to see you wish such a terrible thing upon yourself. Come meet me in Krew and we may speak of your issues and resolve them before such brash action is taken.

Alric

Chadmyr Edvardsson Ruric in his afterlife had been partying all night in the Allfathers hall. He had a gotten a great need for a wee. So he walked drunkenly outside the hall and went to piss down the well into the low realms below. He had seen with great sight blessed to him by the Allfather the letter that had been sent, and thus, he aimed his stream for whatever roof Astrid slept under that night, as well as her father's, and King Vane's too for good measure. "That'll teach em. Fuckin Eirikssons." he had buttoned up his pants after having pissed all over the Freysson Norlandic kingdom for that nights rain. We bully our kings here. This action, of course, led into a subsequent brawl between the spirits of The Edvardssons, The Freyssons, and The Eirikssons broken only by the Allfather himself.

Upon hearing the news, Daria Vildr perked her brow for a second. She thought it through, before mumbling "It's so sad it 'as to end like t'is. I'm sure t'ere vould 'ave been muc' better vays to get t'is t'roug'. I 'ope to see 'er around"