THE SETTLED BACHELOR

Cubicita

THE SETTLED BACHELOR
PENNED ON THE 16TH OF SIGISMUND’S END, 1856
ESPfZgElRHt1IiUyUTnKAgqXLoYcHqBI9n8SbVQaT1_tpKCeXJQ2cFwQXxBnuXwMdstV2ikzm2YULQFExwj5iFemhU-AWS8B1OPYwUwfYGqcAUJA5GsLMnm1I7UbOqvKpMNU-kku

[!] Multiple handwritten letters were posted specifically around the Palace, announcing the following proclamation. In addition, specific letters were left on certain d’Azor residence porches. 

Let it be known throughout the Aster Court that I, Lord Richard Leopold d’Azor am hereby resigning from Astercalia as a bachelor. Though many of my esteemed colleagues would likely not concern themselves with the musings and rumors of the peasants who keep one ear firmly attached to the waste chutes of the palace, it has come to my attention that current events involving myself and the household of d’Azor have been spread through such a creature through ‘The Penman’. 

Although what was said is indeed true, I would not expect such a simple minded serf to understand the reasons as to which I conducted myself. Many courtiers have known me for many years as the theatrical d’Azor, often finding myself in similar comedic scenarios. While this is true, I am also a man of the court, and I always hold myself to that standard. I continue to work toward obtaining the respect of those around me whilst remaining true to myself. If that means speaking to certain unsavory individuals in a foul manner, which almost certainly includes this unsavory ‘Penman’ who has graciously hidden behind their moniker, I shall do so. With no regret, to the shock and grief of my naysayers.

I bid those who care, retire to your abode and curl up into your sniveling ball in the corner. Weep over the rotten bread scraps you have failed to provide for your family. As I sit at my full dinner table, my mind already wandering to the trials ahead, I encourage you: find someone who cares. More specifically, I pray that GOD saves those who continue to put up a facade through the courtier’s eyes as if the true story would never unfold itself. A woman who declines one child over others, a soldier who continues to slander, a child who never can never shut her mouth, and a leader…who cannot lead.

In other news, as to lighten the mood on this scandalous message, I wish to proudly announce the engagement of Baroness Evangéline Marie Lucille Halcourt de Artois and myself. For years, Marie and I have conversed and attended multiple festivities together. Through all of the stress my household has rested upon me, I only hope our marriage will advance from such.

Beware of this household’s disastrous ways.

WITH TRUTH,

Lord Richard Leopold d’Azor

Spoiler

Credit to @Sevafor making the letter sound prettier <3 and @sunfloweristfor the artwork. 
This is all icly so please keep it that way. Thank you.

The Duke of Azor rolled his eyes as he read the missive. "Always one for theatrics indeed..." He muttered to his aide tucking the missive away. "Though I did not know my son was a storywriter aswell, no matter he is finally married..." 

Odessa raises her brows after scanning over the missive of her young friend. She made a mental note to visit Richard in the coming weeks to find out the unabridged story, and another sidebar to herself to ask for the same details from the boy's very own father. She smirked to herself, excited to piece together the twisted tale of Richard Leopold d'Azor.

"Oh goodie!" Edward smiled as he read the last bit of the missive, unsure why everyone was so caught up on drama anyways. "I ought to send him a letter."

The Baron of Ames unrolled and flattened the parchment against the surface of a table, in view of his wife. He read on with tapered eyes. "A wondrous occasion, although it is..  odd."

@Nagisa02

The Princess Amelia relaxed in her chaise lounge within the confines of the Imperial quarters. Her eyes fluttering open to gaze upon the missive offered via servant with a side eye. A smile then crested her lips as she let out a small satisfied sigh. 

Glad young Richard has settled with Marie. Lord guide the young pair.” With that, her eyes closed shut as she returned to her mid-day meditation.

Recruit Guppy smiles.

19 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

The Duke of Azor rolled his eyes as he read the missive. "Always one for theatrics indeed..." He muttered to his aide tucking the missive away. "Though I did not know my son was a storywriter aswell, no matter he is finally married..." 

The d'Azor wonders if his father suddenly grew his eye back. 

Edited by Cubicita

A heartbroken and forlorn baseborn drinks himself into a conniption stupor, 'pon this day and for several days to come.