A Lost Love

A Lost Love

King_The-Letter.thumb.jpg.17240b2535a445dad56b5037ed0e94b4.jpg

A painting of Dianna Cera Decaden writing a letter to her husband and son.

ca. 408 ES

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a cold winters day when her husband and son left on an expedition. Raden had always said he had wanted to bring the boy along on one of his expeditions when he reached age 6. Now, the time had come. They would be leaving for a few years in order to find new herbs and uses for them, leaving Dianna and their daughter Elenore behind in Haense. With one last kiss on her son's forehead and her husbands lips, Dianna waved them off. She would miss them both so dearly, but she knew they would be just fine. Besides, they would excange letters at least once a month.

Two winters later, Dianna would be sitting at a table, writing yet another letter. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

My dearest Raden and Lucien.

It has been quite a while since I had last heard from you.

Elenore and I miss you both dearly.

She has made quite some friends lately.

She loves to travel and is truely an adventurer.

Elenore is no fighter, she is quite like you in that regard my love.

It has been 5 months since I last heard from you.

I try to be strong for Elenore, yet I feel the fear inside me grow.

I know you are busy and it might be inconvenient.

All I wish to know is if you are alright.

I long for a letter to arrive at our door every day.

Please do hasten with your reply.

With all my love,

Dianna Decaden

The pit in the woman's stomach started to grow. She could hear the laughter of Elenore in the playroom, yet she herself feels no joy. By this point, she only knew fear and a dark shadow that had come over her life. Deep inside her she felt as if something was wrong. As if something had happened or would happen to the two men in her life she loved most of all.

As some more years went by, the aging woman kept sending letters. She watched her daughter grow up and plan her own small expedition, basically just following the path around Haense. As she waved her 10 year old daughter goodbye from the gates of Haense, the same spot as she had waved her husband and son goodbye a few years earlier, she broke down against the stone. The fear inside her grew stronger and stronger.  Elenore, unlike her father and brother, did return to the house. 

Elenore kept going on her little expeditions. But ever since the girl's first one, Dianna had shut herself in her house, only coming out for emergencies at the clinic.

The woman did not want to face the outside world.

A world that houses so many questions.

eugene-delacroix-min.thumb.png.c889288a85858dddcf3ed59174b77fd5.png

Raden Decaden

Born: 362 ES

Last heard of: 409 ES

986617426_download(4)-min.thumb.jpg.a9c39148e0df5d5dc89e6d7f099a6c54.jpg

Lucien James Decaden

Born: 401 ES
Last heard of:  409 ES

Spoiler

Thank you @Lizard for letting me write this and looking this over with me. This is basically Raden's shelving post, since Raden basically stopped playing on LOTC and I personally wanted to start continuing some of Dianna's story. We had a good run, didn't we.

Raijen Stars sat alone in his empty manor. He mused the memories of how he and his friends, the Decadens, always joked around about him being lonely. That loneliness was nothing compared to the emptiness left now, it has been years since the last gathering they had... So long since they had fun together. But it has been the longest since he last saw his best and closest friend, Raden.

He missed him like no other and wondered how can he even start comforting his friend, Dianna's loss.

Adrianna Darkwood hears the awful news of the missing, soon-to-be presumed dead Decaden men. She covers her mouth in shock of the thing. "Ich knew... Something wasn't wrong when Raden stopped sending mich update letters.." she murmurs, taking a deep breath and hurrying into Karosgrad.

She rushes past the hospital and past the Palace, finding herself in front of the Decaden residence. And she knocks on the door.

isabella decaden would frown missing her brother raden. she would be spending most of her time comfortin her sister inlaw. as she went threw what diana is going threw as she lost her husband, so all she does is comforts her friend puttin her feelings first