Ball Of Remembrance

Kiiwi

Ball of Remembrance

Issued by Okarir’mali Ayliana Valwynn

10th of the Sun’s Smile

Year 65

gbN-17MfZq38CF8yZK1HLx2sj9VkBtx_djhwSHgcBzJKFy4ZZn5jicb_0DuKMoRKpzaWV1WEINYqeCygh_kzCPjkmrPJAuuoW21nTSE51owyf2y25HZYNEK5Ohau5tuelz09VL3i

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

“There is no home for the mali’thill but the Motherland”

-Previous Sohaer, Idendril Elassidil

Ewv8Ei2uOg3BK-UCzjCEfNbQpfdsGIn114G6qb5jEKICewQ7UnC0Qa5ZwTlqefibH46oXknMLQpFTCFCcfuQmpYDAvxJSeJiy-aqcqpEYcNaMkAoI4OJrGDaQ-23JCn66C5lcoqo

DEvdTuJY-T9-W2Gw3qb37-FB-2PXLnSiP0Jq7BmLUkXKQEmvVc2vjtQLBzDGUbSQfsUgyk-imGIKIIMVB95lUq7DsrEYmxgU5HwHCyDl_2-LIk2y4Pc0fVHYo_8J_L2Wn5wkuHbk

Last elven year, our beautiful city was attacked, our gates torn down and our people slaughtered by those who wish to do nothing but see us fail. We will not give them the satisfaction. 

They want us to give up, to hand over our home to them. We will not. Now is a time for unity, for us to come together as a people and celebrate those who have sacrificed so much for our people and city.

-In remembrance of these brave mali’thill, I will be hosting a ball in their honor, we will show the world Haelun’or stands strong even in desperate times. There we will share stories of the past, feast and grow as a community in honor of our fallen.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dress code:

-Each of the fallen had a specific color that represented who they were as a person. It is encouraged that those who wish to pay respect and remembrance to one of the specific ‘thill wear this said color. The colors go as follow:

[*]Idendril Elassidil (Previous Sohaer): Red

[*]Arthellias Elassidil (Previous Okarir’tir): Silver

[*]Braxus Ni’leya (Previous Medi’ir): Black

Resurrection of a statue: 

-It is during this event I will be revealing a statue that will honor these three mali and their service to this state.

Tributes:

-There will be paintings Idendril, Arthellias and Braxus hung on the walls, below will be small bowls where we will place letters, items, or simply give a couple of words to those who have worked so hard for us.

Below are a list of accomplishments done by each of the remembered:

Idendril Elassidil

Spoiler

"Idendril "returned" to Haelun'or during the Silver age of Eletvathar Diarchy, she was first approached by Aerendyl and Alaion Miravaris. 

Then she became some sort of ward of Alaion in Sillumiran. An immense amount of time was spent in sillumir.

And from that moment she started traveling to different nations, there she was able to make many elf and dwarf friends that are still around these days. She didn't have luck with humans but Haenseni.

When Dimathor and Iaria resigned and Sulraell became Sohaer, Idendril became tilruir'indor. She helped in the library, tavern, college, and laboratory.

Then Adeline killed Azorella.. Adeline and her supporters burned banners, killed helves, and created chaos. That's when she left, and before she did, she made three statues in tribute to the previous government.

She returned during late Kolvar's Sohaerate when impures were roaming streets of the half-dead city. There she found that those bad people from 2 years ago are still there, as Haskir with the same goons captured Kolvar, while we were having a cute event in the tavern and "attempted his assassination".

There she first met Braxus. Together with him, Idendril approached Kolvar who supported their views on how the state should be ran. There were a few bumps at first, like when there was a half-breed within the city and Braxus had to kill her, or when Orinmon tried to kill Braxus which led to her having to expell all impures.

Braxus later became Sohaer and Idendril was appointed okarir'maehr. She single-handedly revived Library.

Then when Aiera came back, with Seth and others, she became okarir'mali.. Most taxing days of her life. Taxes, housing, tavern, clinic, everything. Though eventually she got a team for help.

Then Ivarielle happened, she personally approached friends from Elvenesse as okarir and invited her to a debate with Braxus. On the day of the debate she ran from the debate, leaving Idendril dissapointed to say the least.

Eventually, Braxus resigned and Idendril became Sohaer until her last days. She was a good llir.. someone I looked up to as a mother."

[!] This seemed to be torn out of a page of Ayliana's diary

Arthellias Elassidil

Spoiler

Arthellias was the Okarir’tir of Haelun’or, he helped in reestablishing the Sillumir, brought back the namelessness of the military and fought for the nation until his dying breath

Braxus Ni'leya

Spoiler

Braxus Ni’leya, one of the eldest Haelun’orians returned to the motherland during the reign of Kolvar Uradir. Having received word that the city, with what few population it had left, was at the mercy of impure Mali’aheral and malefactors, it was once again his time, as in the days of Phaedrus and Izalith, to serve Haelun’or. Dismayed and distraught at the decline of his blessed homeland, he sought to revive Haelun’or. He quickly ascended to the position of Medi’ir and began his reforms. Firstly, it was the aim of Braxus to rid the city of impures - those who wished to destroy Haelun’ors traditions and culture - he did so swiftly, incurring several attempts on his life by those impures he wished to remove from the city.

Shortly after this, he was appointed to the position of Sohaer. His iron will and determination earned him a reputation amongst his council for being stern and absolute where matters of purity were concerned. Sohaer Ni’leya had a vision, and he would see it through. His authority on the council was so unquestioned that even when the council decided to vote for something which went against his vision, the Sohaer simply rose from his seat, proclaiming; “I am the council.” and the matter was not raised again. It was then, that he issued a decree to all Mali’thill to return to Haelun’or, for his reforms were now being put into action. His primary focus at this time, was on the revival of the Talonnii unit and so he beckoned for the return of many ancient and notable Talonniian, to return home - and many answered the call.

Without a Maheral present, matters of culture and tradition were also taken up by Sohaer Ni’leya, and this is where he would excel most, having been tutored by many great Mali’aheral, such as Seth Calith, Kalenz Uradir, and Lucion Sullas, to name but a few. During this time, Sohaer Ni’leya wrote many great works on the nature of the Silver Soul, Love, The ideal Haelun’or, to name a few. These philosophical treatises serve today as a reminder

In a very short time, the desolate and dying city had overcome its demise, it had been transformed by Sohaer Ni’leya into a bustling and pure city - the most populous and thriving elven city on Almaris, and at its backbone, was a strong sense of purity and adherence to the teachings of Larihei. Haelun’or was once again, pure.

In the backdrop to all of this success, was fennic plotting. The fenn had chosen a Mali’aheral to do their bidding - Ivarielle, who claimed to be the legitimate ruler of Haelun’or, styling herself a Princess - which, Haelun’or has never had. Cunning as they were, they could not argue against the logic of Sohaer Ni’leya, for their arguments were not based on logic, but on greed and ambition, which made for easy pickings. Furious at the Sohaer’s wit, the warmongers sought out the aid of mercenaries, bandits and foreign Nation’s. They would wage war.

In his genius, the Sohaer Ni’leya offered Ivarielle the opportunity to challenge him for his position as Sohaer in the form of a debate, which would be chaired by the Malauriran - the most pure Mali’aheral. She accepted and arrived to the debate hours late and then refused to participate, fleeing when the debate started. This signaled the end of any potential support that Ivarielle might of had within Haelun’or - Sohaer Ni’leya was proclaimed as the legitimate ruler of Haelun’or by the Malauriran.

Sohaer Ni’leya would continue to defend Haelun’or against the deceit and lies of Fenn, outmaneuvering them at every opportunity. Haelun’or continued to thrive and grow, and then he became deathly ill. It would be at this moment, when the Sohaer was confined to his bed, that fenn would announce their war. He would appoint his Okarir, Idendril, to be his successor, and would take on the office of Medi’ir.

Though not fully recovered from his illness, now Medi’ir Ni’leya, would still often roam the streets, speaking with the citizenry, instilling courage and hope in many. On the day of the battle, Sohaer Ni’leya left his home, with his blade in hand and died fighting to defend Haelun’or. A great Statesman, Philosopher and Soldier, The Great Restorer, Braxus Ni’leya, had met his end.

((The ball will be on Saturday, the 5th of March at 4:30est within the Magelit tavern))

EgTiXpq0Ztuslo4IlTHnwifQXYY70DVCNmIOQpxfK8gcDj1LNtN1p-EB7Vx9Xb2A2cpBL3rgi1uxekLN3ST3dXMS_pb4O9rmArAgAzRHRFgJ3np-Gj1NURKy4wXz-IclCTJucSDE

Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya

9QVCc-wr7NuOueCqPye9WkLVOX2IDRhdc9rbi-PHlaoqFlqzYWazdYJ-cp83PcwCgeNlDhB8LC_cES3GoZKwQzL2ir_jkYr4sjsAHL68-Rl4w5JKEZEoVIG50tLiF-AqpAQvlmp4

Signed,

Okarir'mali Ayliana Valwynn

Irelia Ni'leya took the missive from the front doorway of the Artisans Guild-where she spent her days cooped up. She peered down at its contents; eyes looming over the mentioned remembrance ball- there she scurried to the lift- going up to the tailoring floor. "A Ball!- Oh how I love these. Yet this once isn't for celebration I'm afraid" The women spoke to herself, slapping down a worn book filled with sketches of various clothing. "I shall wear only the best attire- one my father would have loved to see me in. With that Irelia began to drape fabrics on the table; whistling a tune as she worked. 

ChildTea stares into the darkness as he receives the missive. He can no longer read; so, he has to ask the courtier to read it out for him.

A ball. I cannot attend..

Yet, as he stared into the void, he saw that he must attend. He would likely make a fool of himself, but he owed plenty to Braxus.

So he gathered his things.  Perhaps I was wrong to flee. I will return for one day, no longer. I cannot risk the safety of others, especially that of Haelun'or. I pray that I shall go largely unnoticed.