[✗] [Magic Lore] The Enlightened - The Servants of Aeriel

AstriaS

you want aeriel magic

but does aeriel want to magic you.

(no)

18 hours ago, DixieDemolisher said:

Put that back where it came from or so help me

dorf

After reading through the lore I just wanted to point out and ask several questions about the abilities of the piece. The fluff lore and flavour are alright though.

On 3/4/2022 at 8:07 AM, AstriaS said:

Evoked Echoes:

Why does this spell specifically take two emotes to fire? Due to the ability mechanics of power, wouldn't this fall under a three emote requirement? It has concussive force able to dent wood, shatter glass or cause concussions. I believe it does a lot for what you give it, as it is essentially a stun based spell. 

With the ability costing 4 echoes, and the emote time of two emotes you're able to effectively use this spell to combat many things repeatably or force distance away from someone. The ability prevents interaction unless the person used upon is directly in front of you. 

To correctly calculate a 'wood dent' could you rather say the force applied? Wood has many different tensile strengths on how easy it is to dent/break. Is it able to dent elder trees or Ashwood for example?

Alleviate:

The ability here is essentially a cure-all for all type of afflictions, curses and other such debilitations put upon the person by magical/mundane means. I don't believe a 'cure-all' type spell should exist as it downplays all others. When looking at other deity based lore with similar abilities: Xan-Paladins have "Deific Purging", works on Silit Runes of binding and Azdrazi brands on people, with the redline stating: "Cannot purge diseases, poisons, or anything else. Only curses and hexes". The ability also requires multiple paladins to perform. Your spell here only requires one.

The Toll of Kibeth:

Looking into the sacred tones, specifically the second and third I see some issues I wanted to address. With the tone quoted above you mention it works in a 10 block radius, which I believe people undermestiate how big that is...

Res9Ggk.png

The range of the ability, for what it does is a bit too big. You affect everyone in the radius to be unable to speak and if they hold a weapon or reach for it, the weapon would burn them even through armour/gloves. Lasting for 5 emotes. I would consider lowering the range, lowering the effectiveness and the duration of the spell. It does a bit /too/ much. 

What do you mean by any weapon? Physical weapon? Does magic could as a weapon?

The Toll of Saraneth:

The only reason why I quoted the tone above is due to the fact that when conjured, you remove a player from the game for one IRL day. I recommend changing this to the specific area instead as 'banishment from the game' isn't something the server should be encouraging. Especially if it is the only playing character that user wants to play/has fun to play/is playing. You're essentially removing them from roleplay. 

---

These are some of the more concerning things I have in the lore piece, with my opinions given on such. 

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.

(this will happen)

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.