A LETTER TO THE HIGH PONTIFF

Frymark

g8fPqIbAtphYRFodUjFtIdIZZV57L944K-k17AOzyOB_Z93NRCFw3-86_OVARZKQSjq6mwQP_Mu-uspLBCZ7Ej8kN_UonKUihv3rwCVHcKklnXfKHx0uhj6JJ4Wr2ZqLWavdzL0t

Issued by the

DUCHY OF REINMAR

On this 10th day of The Grand Harvest of 66 SA

Your Holiness,

In these times of war, as Canonist brothers bear steel against one another, I am not surely the only one, who has come to question my faith. In my youth, I was tutored as was any other child of noble birth. I prayed to GOD and St. Tylos each night, took to the Pilgrimage of St. Tylos upon the ascension to adulthood, as do all Barclays. 

I was as every Canonist was, yet then came the war.

From the spark of the war, when we, the Brothers of St. Karl, charged in defence of the High Pontiff, rescuing His Holiness from the clutches of the frenzied schismatics in their own lands. To the recent years, where after the Anathema’s servants had attempted to bandit a Holy man of the Church, they charged at me alone.With only a broken axe at my side, I fended them off and watched with my bare eyes as the broken axe turned to a new, sharpened blade as if it were recently forged.

These events have made me wonder; what is GOD’s plan for me? I have slain many of the servants of Anathema, our fellow Canonist brothers. I take no joy in it, nor do I do it unless given no choice. But despite this, GOD chooses to grant upon me HIS protection. 

In search for an answer to such, I do decree;

I. Both myself and my wedded wife are to retake the pilgrimage of St. Tylos, and travel to the shrines and Holy locations of Almaris. We shall take no luxuries with us, but dress as commoners, eat as commoners, and travel as commoners. While our pilgrimage takes place, I name Ser Reinhardt Barclay to be the Lord Regent of Reinmar and watch over our children until we return.

II. The House of Barclay is to donate the sum of 1000 mina to the Canonist Church in aid of those who have suffered from immense loss in this decade-spanning war.

III. In place of the recently burned and desecrated Chapel of St. Tylos, a new, mighty church is to be built for the Diocese of Reinmar, paid and constructed by House Barclay. In this church, the relics and remains of St. Tylos of Kalden are to be placed.

IV. The Brotherhood of St. Karl shall partake in additional yearly masses held by the Brotherhood’s chaplain to enforce that we are the Defenders of the Faith.

V. I shall personally seek to become a Deacon of the Holy Mother Church, and be taught the ways of the Exalted and the Holy Scrolls alongside my wedded wife.

May GOD and St. Tylos watch over you, and the entire flock of Canondom.

IN NAMEN GOTTES,

His Excellency, Johann Erich Barclay, Lord Marshal of Hanseti-Ruska, Prince of Sutica, Duke of Reinmar, Margrave of Vanderfell, Count of Kretzen, Baron of Freising and Sigradz, Lord of Wilheburg and Freisburg, Lord Vandalore, Chieftain of the Reinmaren

Her Princely Grace, Georgina Sofiya Barclay, Grand Lady of Hanseti-Ruska, Princess-Consort of Sutica, Duchess-Consort of Reinmar

MIo1nNk9gbVgSBw0b3_gKAYTjUgcXxKkIbbHPBYDiFzfEoJGKr-VA1LmkBvFWtWAnN5cAeAG9K4L00hPzQYXuWKfc-cYOOK2ZlJu7N-l7eJWZJue6--Xs_ZDwRn6P4wpMZGqOPz1

Eugen Barclay would read through the missive, blinking at it's contents as he looked visibly confused by such a declaration, "What Ist going on.." He would murmur to himself, putting the missive to the side as he collected his thoughts before he commented, "Best Ich say goodbye then.." Shrugging, he would then return to his spar.

Edited by Armod

Ser Reinhardt Barclay realizes this means he’s in charge for now “****… this means ich have to watch Konstanz now…”