The curse of passports please.

Rattussmackus

It had been many restless nights that made me finally snap. I lie awake within my comfortable bed, sweating and shaky. In the distance I hear it, I subtle tune that to some may seem endearing but to any local, it was a living nightmare.

Dun. Dun. Dun. Dun. 

At first, I loved it. So unique and fresh but now it’s all I hear. Whilst eating breakfast, while talking to foreigners, while tucking into bed.

I entered the city gates expecting to immediately be let in but then the man said those cursed two words, the words that echo in my mind, the words that make me feel like vomiting whenever I hear them.

“Passports please.”

I freak out! What am I to do? I don’t know what a passport is? Who are they? Did they want my money? What in almaris is a passport!?

I freeze up, the ground seemingly growing arms and holding me in place. I mumble out a small “Please…for the love of All-Father, let me in.” The gates thankfully open and I’m free.

Passport please…passport please…PASSPORT PLEASE!

Help me escape from this living nightmare, please!

Spoiler

OOC: I came up with this idea when I, @Moo_bot and @Sygnus_ found ourselves stuck in the gatehouse (them more than me, I think they’re insane now) we discussed the constant papers, please tune that looped in the background and it inspired me. I’d like to thank them both for keeping me entertained for three-four hours, it was amusing.

Funny images:

uno.png

dos.png

tres.png

Somewhere in the Northern Reaches of Almaris, a snow elven woman lays in bed, awake, looking into oblivion - haunted by the tune in the Norlandic Gatehouse.

Spoiler

I'm gonna be that person

I'm pretty sure the game is papers please..

Glory To Arstotzka.

Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric, who remembered flipping the setting on the music to 'loop', laughs maniacally as the music plays on and annoys all those present!

Spoiler

Good post, made me smirk

im just confused why everyone is replying to a creative writing post like its rp....

6 hours ago, satinkira said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm gonna be that person

I'm pretty sure the game is papers please..

Glory To Arstotzka.

it almost definitely is, but shhh, no one needs to know, i made it at 4am

10 minutes ago, rukio said:

im just confused why everyone is replying to a creative writing post like its rp....

it happened irply, that’s why, they’re just memeing