A Letter to, His Holiness Tylos II

Geckoo

A MATTER of SAINT ARPAD

CONCERNING HIS RECOGNITION THROUGH THE CANONIST FAITH.

z6mQU5ZHg2U3Z1ebfjQC0SRv8JsgCUNcMwMUjYudRt3EdTQEOwq8eKHbgytMWmCewm2QmLsteWonX5Da_nB-lsJsi5zy3BQttsESfDa74qHiZZXW__d4UL3LMXiVctOL22A93ren

A painting depicting Saint Arpad Vsevolod Ivanovich

9th of Sun’s Smile, 1719

[!] This letter would be sent directly to the seat of the Pontiff, intended for the eyes of His Holiness Tylos II. Yet after a number of days the missive would be one of public nature, being received by many church goers and men of cloth alike - offered by hand of courier.

Arpad Ivanovich was a man of a pious life. He did no wrong, living a life in the image of GOD as intended by our right faith and scripture. This being so reflected in the blessing bestowed upon him by the indefinite Pontiff, His Holiness Siegmund; elevating the man of faith and GOD, Arpad to the status of Saint within the views of the church. This has gone without issue for many a year, yet it has recently come to my attention that the very Saint Arpad I write in honor of, is no longer defended as a Saint. So this I must offer to you in question.

It has long been tradition to defend the honors and status of Sainted peoples, blessed by the Pontiff and touched by GOD. Yet as of recently I realize that such has failed to take place with one Saint that comes to my mind. Why is it that the church no longer defends the title of Saint before the image and name of Arpad Ivanovich? I ask you with utmost respect, His Holiness Tylos II, write back to the keeping of Barrow’s Crossing with due explanation of what I claim - perhaps I am mistaken, and this I hope. The word and proclamation of the most Blessed Siegmund being one many would hope to be respected and upheld, so with this would the Sainting of Arpad be the same? 

As a descendant of Arpad this worries me greatly, requesting with much respect and adoration of the Church and the seat of His Holiness, Tylos II - would it be so much to remain strong in tradition, the protection of Saints, and the restoration of my forefathers honor within the church, Saint Arpad Ivanovich. For this is a blessing with much reason to be bestowed upon him, I am sure with this not only Arpad, but His Holiness Siegmund, would smile upon you from the Seven Skies.

GOD send you, and be blessed in the path you walk. 

SIGNED,

Andrezj Petyr Barrow,

Lord of Barrow’s Crossing

Franz Branimar Vladov,

Scribe of Barrow’s Crossing

Franz Branimar smiles the Sun's Smile as he finishes sealing the last few copies of the letter, preparing himself to continue slaving away at his office job.

53 minutes ago, Geckoo said:

Arpad Ivanovich was a man of a pious life. He did no wrong, living a life in the image of GOD as intended by our right faith and scripture.

"You're delusional. This heathen was literally one of the main military leaders who installed the vile pertinaxi and murdered an eleven year old boy to do so. Arpad Invanovich is surely within the void for his many many crimes, only named a saint out of spite during a schism and not to mention he was still alive when named a saint." remarked Walton.

Edited by Basil Moroul

"Yes, yes. Touché." From the inner recesses of the earth, Exalted Saint Vladislav Barrow, His Bastardship Lord-Supreme Barrow, purred a low and fathomable purr. He fixed the stem of a martini glass between his knuckles. Shaken, of course; not stirred.

A letter would eventually be dropped off at this Barrow's Crossing. Upon proper inspection, the wax on the envelope would display the seal of the Holy See, the personal coat of arms of Tylos II.

"
To Andrezj Petyr Barrow and Franz Branimar Vladov,

Thank you for writing to Us. We are always pleased to hear from members of Our flock, and are happy to address the concerns that you listed in your letter. Before We address them however, let Us first personally commemorate you for your apparent adherence to the Holy Tradition of Our Holy Mother Church. Know that We shall keep you in Our prayers, and that We hope that you remain in good health.

Firstly, let Us state that Saint Arpad of Vilacz is without a doubt a saint worthy of veneration and entry in the Atlas of Saints. His status as such has never been denied.

We do, however, understand the point of misconception. Saint Arpad's canonization took place during a time of schism within our Holy Mother Church. After Emperor Aurelius unlawfully deposed High Pontiff Bl. Siegmund I, the Holy Pontiff was sent into exile and the Holy Mother Church was pressured into denouncing him. This, under such pressure, it regrettably did.  Following his exile, the Holy Mother Church elected new High Pontiffs, and many years passed before Bl. Siegmund I returned from his exile to reclaim his Pontifical Throne during the War of Two Emperors. This led to great confusion, as he was indeed unlawfully deposed, but an extended absence is also considered an implicit abdication under Church Tradition and Law. So was Bl. Siegmund I still the Pontiff, or were His Holiness’ successors? This dispute remained impossible to resolve peacefully for a number of years as the war raged on, but upon its conclusion, both Bl. Sigismund I and his counterpart Everard V agreed to abdicate together, allowing the Church to reunify under Bl. Daniel VI.

Although a joyous occasion for the Holy Mother Church, this reunification left many questions. Which abdicated Pontiff was the true Pontiff prior to abdication? Whose laws, canonizations, and promulgations were valid? The Church, through the very Council where both Pontiffs abdicated, determined that, akin to Evaristus and Clement, both Pontiffs and their lines were valid, and so all their decrees were with them. This was not fully understood by the world at large, with many believing the line of Everard V had simply ‘won’ and that Bl. Siegmund I's claim was merely nullified. This is clearly false, as is apparent by the fact that His Holiness is known as BLESSED Siegmund I today.

So, We reaffirm that Saint Arpad is absolutely and unequivocally a saint, his canonization having been affirmed by the same horn and laurel which the Exalted bequeathed unto Our office. However, there is another confounding factor, which contributes to the misconception that Saint Arpad's canonization was somehow 'revoked'. Under High Pontiff Bl. Daniel VI, the immediate successor to Bl. Siegmund I and the first Pontiff of a united Canondom in years, it was determined that the unilateral granting of Ruska, a title held for centuries by practising and recognised Canonist Princes, to a dead man, as holy as he may have been, without even the approval of the College of Cardinals, was novel and contrary to Canon Law. And so Bl. Daniel VI altered Saint Arpad's veneration within the Atlas of Saints. Our predecessor did not revoke the canonization, but merely the grant of title, and gave the holy saint a new patronage. This is reflected by the 1763 Edition of the Atlas of Saints, which recognizes Saint Arpad as a saint even many decades after the schism was mended, albeit under his new patronage.

So then, We hope We have made it clear that neither Ourselves nor the Church have ever denied the sainthood of Arpad. We continue to authorize and encourage St. Arpad’s veneration as We do for all holy souls who the Church has recognised for their faith and heroic virtue, and We thank you for your pious and reflective request for clarification.

Pontifex Maximus

Tylus Secundus"

Edited by Ramon
my bad