Apocrypha: The Fortune Teller

Apocrypha

0fjM58HzGX_OKEfpnx0htKKjutJzn_WPdXKrDIbp

Burning village | Ilustración de paisaje, Paisaje de fantasía, Género  fantástico

Fate, the essence of mortality brought low. The undoing. The strings which bind and tether them to this waking world, severed for all time. Yet, despite it's strength.. It is not set in stone. Multiple possibilities and occasions exist, an endless cycle. Some may pick the strands of fate, predict their outcome. One may sever such outcomes entire, but only for a time.

3gfHcKCgHOhLcUvi9ev9idsfwdiI6saEmjCe13lZ

Last stop before the Titans - the ruins of Alberetor. Stables by VityaR83 |  Fantasy village, Fantasy landscape, Fantasy town

Dobrov burned, it had been subjected to horrors not known since the days of Molech's Folly and the schism that had led to such horrors being lost upon the memory of mortal-kind. Yet, its destruction had invited the unsavoury to its ruined doorsteps. Those who would meddle in fate, who would rid themselves of mortality and in turn, would only attract the attentions of those who seek stagnation.

The old carriage creaked its way into the outskirts of the once respectable hamlet, now ruined. The decrepit figure exited the wagon. His age was beyond question and his sanity had long since fled. His appearance was marred by countless battles, struggles and horrors. So much so that identifying what he was is near impossible. He saw the smoke, the flames and as predicted had come.

More details on Diablo III's real-money auction block

Shortly after arrival, the cart settled by an old campfire. There, the old fortune teller stands inside where he waits for patrons. He sits behind his table, in waiting anticipation of those who will come to investigate. His tarot cards wait, futures will be told and the strings of fate will be made bare for all to see. They need only ask, to ask and be told of how to cheat their fates

d5544da14aba69ab2cd75fdcfed79026.png

OOC:

Spoiler

OOC: FORUM RP ONLY.

And unto that carriage did Remon enter. In truth, he knew not what resided inside; it was simple curiosity that led him into the place, and an inane desire for shelter.

Upon entering, there was a short pause as Remon observed the figure with discernible fear. A fear of danger, of death; as if he was not used to such a notion.

Who are you?

23 minutes ago, satinkira said:

And unto that carriage did Remon enter. In truth, he knew not what resided inside; it was simple curiosity that led him into the place, and an inane desire for shelter.

Upon entering, there was a short pause as Remon observed the figure with discernible fear. A fear of danger, of death; as if he was not used to such a notion.

Who are you?

The fortune teller gazes at the newcomer from underneath his veil. He holds his gnarled and crooked hands together, hands wrapped in yellowed linens and bandages. A cracked mask of ancient white porcelain can be glimmered through the ashen black robes. An assortment of funerary urns and occult artefacts are scattered about the candle-lit interior.

"In the past, I was many things. I had many names, yet I was shunned. I was thrice-burnt, I was betrayed and I was cast out. They feared me, feared my sight and the old ways from which I came. You come to have your fortune be told, yes? To know of your fate?"

The teller extends a hand, gesturing for them to sit down.

"Sit and I will tell you.."

1 hour ago, Apocrypha said:

The fortune teller gazes at the newcomer from underneath his veil. He holds his gnarled and crooked hands together, hands wrapped in yellowed linens and bandages. A cracked mask of ancient white porcelain can be glimmered through the ashen black robes. An assortment of funerary urns and occult artefacts are scattered about the candle-lit interior.

"In the past, I was many things. I had many names, yet I was shunned. I was thrice-burnt, I was betrayed and I was cast out. They feared me, feared my sight and the old ways from which I came. You come to have your fortune be told, yes? To know of your fate?"

The teller extends a hand, gesturing for them to sit down.

"Sit and I will tell you.."

Silence.

Suspicion, then. I doubt it.. And then desire. Sitting down, Remon glanced around the room with mounting hope. Mayhaps he had been waiting for something like this.

To comment on Remon's figure..  He was a mali'ker, enrobed in tattered grey rags with odd purple splotches on the arms. His white shirt underneath was covered in blood, almost slashed completely to ribbons. Revealed underneath was burns, scars, and other injuries.

13 minutes ago, satinkira said:

Silence.

Suspicion, then. I doubt it.. And then desire. Sitting down, Remon glanced around the room with mounting hope. Mayhaps he had been waiting for something like this.

To comment on Remon's figure..  He was a mali'ker, enrobed in tattered grey rags with odd purple splotches on the arms. His white shirt underneath was covered in blood, almost slashed completely to ribbons. Revealed underneath was burns, scars, and other injuries.

The teller silently nods. Once his guest is seated, he unsheathes a dagger from his robes and slits his own wrapped hand. He pours the blood into a small wooden bowl on the table and wraps the wound shut. The figure then grabs a deck of tarot cards and shuffles it, he withdraws five cards and places them on the table facing down.

"Ask one query. The cards will tell."

1 minute ago, Apocrypha said:

The teller silently nods. Once his guest is seated, he unsheathes a dagger from his robes and slits his own wrapped hand. He pours the blood into a small wooden bowl on the table and wraps the wound shut. The figure then grabs a deck of tarot cards and shuffles it, he withdraws five cards and places them on the table facing down.

"Ask one query. The cards will tell."

Upon thinking awhile, there's a nod and a simple question.

Will Bezaleel return to my.. return again?

20 minutes ago, satinkira said:

Upon thinking awhile, there's a nod and a simple question.

Will Bezaleel return to my.. return again?

The teller plunges the dagger into the table with an unsettling *thump* and then proceeds to flip the cards, they depict the following..

Spoiler

The Noose (Pause)

9656eda6ca1a8eea84c8345f1e68ac6e.png

Death (Transformation)

abe7b1eecd9c01d99f471af0c6a9cf04.png

Iblees (Compulsion)

6e3db70736a1e42b4a9068d06c5275e3.png

The Moon (Secrets)

f11f41b694c2ddbbcb106a04c4e393b3.png

The Sun (Vitality)

d539ece22c3ccad3adb7030aeaa935a2.png

"Lost but not forgotten, compulsive tragedy. You will seek them just as they sought you. Instead, they will find only obsession and greed."

Edited by Apocrypha

2 minutes ago, Apocrypha said:

The teller plunges the dagger into the table with an unsettling *thump* and flips the cards, they depict the following..

Hide contents

The Noose (Pause)

9656eda6ca1a8eea84c8345f1e68ac6e.png

Death (Transformation)

abe7b1eecd9c01d99f471af0c6a9cf04.png

Iblees (Compulsion)

6e3db70736a1e42b4a9068d06c5275e3.png

The Moon (Secrets)

f11f41b694c2ddbbcb106a04c4e393b3.png

The Sun (Vitality)

"Lost but not forgotten, compulsive tragedy. You will seek them just as they sought you. Instead, they will find only.. Obsession and greed."

At that, Remon slides to his feet, looking down at the man with alarmed distrust, and a little fear. How do you know? I'm not obsessed, or greedy, and they won't find me, I'll find them, and.. He stops. How can you even tell?

1 minute ago, satinkira said:

At that, Remon slides to his feet, looking down at the man with alarmed distrust, and a little fear. How do you know? I'm not obsessed, or greedy, and they won't find me, I'll find them, and.. He stops. How can you even tell?

The teller points to the cards then to the dagger, making it clearer for the Mali'ker to understand. 

"Destiny is multi-threaded, it has many facets and many possibilities.. But all such possibilities flow towards one inevitable conclusion. Those attuned to the truth can see it. You can fight against the currents but sooner or later, we all drown in them."

The teller shifts his gaze towards the exit.

"You have asked your question, I have given your answer. More will come, wishing to have answers to more questions."

"Now go.. And take my dagger with you. Consider it a parting gift. Should you ever wish to know more, to ask another question. Take it to the former king of Urguan. He will know what it means. Then, and only then will I answer more."

The tarnished dagger has a wicked appearance, with an engraved eye on the hilt and a curved design. Faint marksmanship remains despite the age, hinting at an old Norlandic origin yet being far older than anything produced in Almaris.

2 minutes ago, Apocrypha said:

The teller points to the cards then to the dagger, making it clearer for the Mali'ker to understand. 

"Destiny is multi-threaded, it has many facets and many possibilities.. But all such possibilities flow towards one inevitable conclusion. Those attuned to the truth can see it. You can fight against the currents but sooner or later, we all drown in them."

The teller shifts his gaze towards the exit.

"You have asked your question, I have given your answer. More will come, wishing to have answers to more questions."

"Now go.. And take my dagger with you. Consider it a parting gift. Should you ever wish to know more, to ask another question. Take it to the former king of Urguan. He will know what it means. Then, and only then will I answer more."

The tarnished dagger has a wicked appearance, with an engraved eye on the hilt and a curved design. Faint marksmanship remains despite the age, hinting at an old Norlandic origin yet being far older than anything produced in Almaris.

Remon gives the dagger a one over, resolving to look at it in more detail; yet he does not exit. Instead, he gazes at the figure with an odd resignation.

What do I owe you? I take debts very seriously..

The soft sound of clattering hooves, meeting dry earth, would fill the evening air. A man clad in furs and pelts, could be seen atop the white stallion. His visage covered and shaded by the hood of his cloak, as he slowly strolled to a stop at the carriage. A light click of his tongue, could be heard from behind the hood, before he swung off the stallion. Patting it's side as sign to leave, before he slowly made his way inside. Hooded eyes viewing the menagerie of items and objects, before his hooded eyes gazed down onto the Fortune Teller. 

"Hmmm, a man bears....curiosity, of this wagon and it's wares. Do tell, what exactly is it you offer?" 

11 hours ago, satinkira said:

Remon gives the dagger a one over, resolving to look at it in more detail; yet he does not exit. Instead, he gazes at the figure with an odd resignation.

What do I owe you? I take debts very seriously..

The dealer merely chuckles at the question, he points to the exit once more.

"You owe nothing, for you have already paid my price."

1 minute ago, Apocrypha said:

The dealer merely chuckles at the question, he points to the exit once more.

"You owe nothing, for you have already paid my price."

And with that, Remon takes his leave; still pondering on his words.