Medvekoma

Minecraft IGN(s):

Medvekoma

Discord:

Ronald Reagan#9284

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Server Guidelines Violation - https://i.gyazo.com/bdca36ff4f552a2f867c9ff38d6113c0.png

What circumstances led to this ban?

I understand I've nagged Flambo and Pun for inactivity and ineptcy in staff matters. Specifically, I've @ed flambo many times calling them out on the resignation, lore games, etc. As well as Pun, calling them out on targeted bans and mishandling of stuff.

There were two sides to this; I did have some more private conversations with the two, and even spoke to Pun in discord lengthy about the situation - after I was given a verbal warning on the above.

Eventually, things didn't change, perhaps you're familiar with the state of the server at the time, discontent grew. I made some vote / callout threads, eventually started @ing Pun openly and then called them out with an accusation on the detail that eventually had them removed & banned just two weeks after my own ban. Along the line I encouraged people to ignore them and defy them to make it known that things shouldn't continue the same way - I admit, that was a far reach.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

Both admins I clashed with have since been removed and banned for pedophilia. I do say, though, that I only knew of one's actions, and only as a hearsay/rumour at the time.

I understand Pun was infamous for targeted bans - but do admit that I believe the suspension was justified at the time.

The crux of the ban was related to quoting the community guidelines, which I believe I tried to uphold to the last - having posted a dozen or so various feedback threads to drive discussion and communicating with both admins I clashed with.

https://i.gyazo.com/84e60a64407eff65699497a07b4aa2b3.png

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

Not much of a return, more so setting things right. I've spent two and a half years more in Davy Jones' locket than my appeal time, and MC roleplay came up in a discussion. Perhaps have a look around, say hi to a few people.

Attach other relevant information.

Realised I wasn't technically given an admin ban, so my appeal filed was in fact wrong - it was a ban by Fireheart with appeal pending 15th of January 2020.

Hello! Will be looking your appeal over and discussing it with the team. Expect a follow up and response by the end of the week. Thanks!

Hey! Spoke to the team about your appeal and we will be welcoming you back onto the server. Content moderation will remain in place for the time being. A lot of time has passed in three years and a lot has changed. Compared to your last appeal you seem more aware of your own faults and the hope is that you can continue to control yourself from lashing out at people in the community in harmful and hateful ways.

Please make sure to respect your fellow players and continue to be constructive and walk in the good-spirit of contributing to the community in a meaningful way. Uncivil behavior and harassment will not be tolerated. I know mostly, for you, that applies to butting heads with staff and the powers at be, but please remember....this is a game, we are volunteers who love this community and want to see it succeed. There's a human on the other side of the screen; we aren't perfect, but we try our best.

You can reach out to me in October if you feel that you are capable of controlling yourself on the forums and we can have a conversation on lifting your content moderation. Welcome back!